• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 rasbilly

rasbilly

Evolutionist

• Expired Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Fruit juice, fresh fruit, cold turkey. just do it. use your free will. you wanna be a vegan, so this should be easy peasy. those energy drinks and just caffeine for that matter take a toll, and end up kicking your ass.

#42 Norris

Norris

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

It will be better for all of you to drink fresh fruits juices as energy drinks because they provide rich amount of real energy for longer period of time. I always prefer to fresh fruits juices during my workout or after workout to get enough amount of energy. My favorite fruits juices are apple, orange, grapefruit, and grape juices.

Any comment?

#43 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:20 AM

Any comment?

About fruit juice? Well, there is this...

juice.jpg

WHAT DOES THE CHART TELL US? It tells us that no matter which juice you choose, they all have more calories than the same amount of Coke. It tells us that juice — 100 percent juice, no sugar added — contains about the same amount of sugar (or even more — 50 percent more for grape juice) as the same volume of Coke. For this comparison we used: Classic Coke, Tropicana HomeStyle Orange Juice, Walnut Acres Organic 100 Percent Apple Juice, Eden Organic Montmorency Cherry Juice (no sweetener added) and R.W. Knudsen Unsweetened Concord Grape Juice. The numbers in the chart were calculated from the nutrition labels on the containers.

WHETHER FRUIT JUICE is “100 percent juice” or not is almost beside the point — both kinds are loaded with sugar and calories. If it’s “100 percent juice” the sugar is from the fructose that’s naturally present in fruit; if it’s “10 percent juice” (or 20 percent, or whatever), most of the sugar is in the form of high-fructose corn syrup. Snacking on sugary beverages all day long, whether they’re soft drinks or fruit juice, is not a good thing, for kids or adults. Over-consumption of sugar contributes to obesity and diabetes. Some common-sense alternatives:

• Instead of sucking down liquid candy all day long in the form of soda and fruit juice, drink water. Is there a place for fruit juice? Of course there is — and it used to be called the breakfast table. Way back in the day, fruit juice (usually orange or grapefruit or tomato) was regarded as something of a treat. You’d have a little four- or six-ounce glass with your coffee and cereal or eggs. If you were in a restaurant, your juice glass might even come to the table nested in a bowl of ice. But then the fruit-packing industry got into the act, first with the slogan “drink a full big glass” (see illustrations on this page), and then with “orange juice — it’s not just for breakfast anymore.” Before you knew it we were chugging OJ like it was water, 24/7. (And of course fruit juice is mostly water — but it’s sugar water.) First sippy cups, then “juice boxes” — no wonder kids are hooked on fructose.

Clipped from: http://www.hookedonjuice.com/

#44 rasbilly

rasbilly

Evolutionist

• Expired Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

try Marley's Mellow Mood. It's the anti energy drink!

#45 Quixtus

Quixtus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Purple Stuff is the Shiznit, when you're talking "Relaxation Drinks"!

It doesn't do anything for me, but my girl loves the stuff. ;)

#46 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

I'm like one of the ppl you heard about on TV. Ended up going to the er bc i drank two 5 hour energy drinks in a 8hr period driving from NC to NY.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!