• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

Trying to figure out if the color of MDMA crystal is relevent to its purity/potency.
When I had a reliable connect for her, the crystals were milky white, and a tad smaller than sea salt grain. 0.1 up the nose was all I needed. Anyways call me stingy, but all the molly I've seen since my connect moved down south has been straight crushed white/tan powder. Twice now I've taken .25 grams at once, and it's felt nothing like .1 grams of what I was used to!
Anyways....FOAF is talking about this "Amber" crystal he can get. He says its the best molly "blah blah blah" "amber means its amazing".... I don't believe a word he says, he backs nothing up with logical proof.
I'm looking at the Erowid MDMA vault and there are two pictures of MDMA in its form uncut.
The first picture is powder that is pressed into a brick. Clearly it is white, no amber color what so ever.
The second picture is fat rocks of amber crystal (looks really good to me).
Now, I know if you were to shave those crystals or however you do it, the powder is going to look a little amber. The chunks of molly I was used to...there wasn't really any amber present.
Is the amber coloring in MDMA impurities? Different extration tek? Is it hard to tell by the color if its good or not?
At the moment my only reference of quality at first glance, is if its in big chunks of crystal rather than a crushed powder.
Trying to find some good MDMA for the 31st, just trying to figure out if I should waste my time with this amber MDMA.

Attached Thumbnails

• pressed powder.jpg
  • crystalline.jpg

#2 Psylence

Psylence

Psychopharmacologist

• VIP
  • 295 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Firt off, posting about research chemicals is prohibited here i think and someone else is probably gonna say the same thing. second, just to help u out, ill tell u what i know... mdma is a pure whit crystalline substance, if it isnt white, its not pure. even if it is white, it can be impure. If the amber crystals are anything like the second pic u put then you are good to go. I would recrystallize but thats just me. Think of it like dmt. white is pure, but yellow or even orange isnt necessarily bad. amber color is pretty normal as long as its not super amber.

does it smell like root beer?

#3 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• VIP
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Well, first off- around my neck of the woods when we refer to molly it's more so in regards to MDA. Some just say "the sass."

you used the abbreviation "MDMA" and also used the term "Molly." do you know for sure if your talking about MDMA or MDA?

I like MDA way better... I've had the white granulated crystals which I think is a hci salt many times, and.... I won't ever again. Cause i'm to stubborn/spoiled now:special:

IMO that white hci(?) is no comparison to the stuff that's a glimmery amber(dark brown when in huge chunks), which is solid at cold to room temp but starts to melt and get kinda sticky at 80F and above.

I don't know the chemistry. I would like to know too...
I just know what my body tells me:D

#4 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• VIP
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

posting about research chemicals is prohibited here

I don't believe that they are a research chem?

As far as I know, LSD and Molly have been the only exceptions here at 'Topia as long as we don't get to far into synth talk.

If my memory serves me right?....

#5 Psylence

Psylence

Psychopharmacologist

• VIP
  • 295 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Well, first off- around my neck of the woods when we refer to molly it's more so in regards to MDA. Some just say "the sass."

thats weird, ive always know molly to be pure mdma in powder form. if its a pill, then its xtc no matter how pure

#6 Psylence

Psylence

Psychopharmacologist

• VIP
  • 295 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

xtc is definately a research chemical, just an old one that stuck around

and yeah i wasnt sure how the talk about that went i just avoided it until someone else says something lol

#7 Mr Kush

Mr Kush

Wild Cactus Child

• VIP
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:15 PM

Well, I'm sure theirs still some research being done on it. Though, from what I know it has been scheduled. Thus differentiating it from the "forbidden" RC's.

Molly is just a nick name. Maybe their are other parts of the globe where peeps use the term molly to refer to MDMA, idk. Not here is all I know.

My original logic would have told me the all white was "better" or more pure, but a bio-assay surely didn't point in that direction.:D Maybe the white is more pure, but the crystally/gooey amber/brown stuff is just digested better and is more bio available or something?

#8 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• Forum Moderator
  • 6,697 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

I do not believe this thread falls into the RC category.

I may get corrected on this.

We do not allow RC talk on 'topia!

#9 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

you used the abbreviation "MDMA" and also used the term "Molly." do you know for sure if your talking about MDMA or MDA?

I like MDA way better... I've had the white granulated crystals which I think is a hci salt many times, and.... I won't ever again. Cause i'm to stubborn/spoiled now:special:

IMO that white hci(?) is no comparison to the stuff that's a glimmery amber(dark brown when in huge chunks), which is solid at cold to room temp but starts to melt and get kinda sticky at 80F and above.

I don't know the chemistry. I would like to know too...
I just know what my body tells me:D

MDA's effects are very similar to the effects of MDMA. See also MDMA Effects.

Note: Erowid previously reported the duration of MDA to be "8-12 hours" based on the entry in PIHKAL which appears to be wrong. After checking with a variety of sources, the consistent opinion is that MDA lasts just slightly longer than MDMA, but is otherwise very equivalent in duration. Many users report it has a longer, more stimulated after-effects period but others do not find this. If you have comments about experiences with known pure MDA or know of other verifiable resources, please let us know.

We do have a couple reports of idiosyncratic reactions where users had effects for 12-18 hours after ingestion, but there are equivalent reports for MDMA.

L's Comparison of MDA to MDMA:
The total experience is 8 hours, but the 'trip' is 4-5 hours like X. The after-effects are like being way-laid, definitely washing around in the after-swell of a full experience of an amphetamine-hallucinogen. We call MDA 'industrial electronic mushrooms' and compare the post-peak to riding the diesel-electric locomotive all the way home. Your feet vibrate for some time after you step off a huge machine like that: tingling and numb. There's no finer intoxicant, but you need careful and considerable support or the body load can turn you into a vegetable for the latter half of the experience and the day after. With X you feel all the emotional and spiritual connectivy possible (much the 'empathogen'), with MDA you see (hallucinate, visually experience) all the emotional and spiritual connectivity possible.

Gracie & Zarkov's Comparison of MDA to MDMA:
"The differences from MDM(A) are striking: MDA is more hallucinogenic with noticeable closed eye imagery, is a much greater aesthetic enhancer, especially of people and of music; is more euphoric; more "drug-like", a heavier and more obviously body-involved trip. Tactile sensation is more powerful, erotic and noticeable on MDA. Physical effects are more up-front: gastric upset, pupil dilation, water retention, limbic arousal. On the whole, we find MDA a more enjoyable and interesting trip; longer lasting and more sexual/sensual. Our favorite characteristic is that one retains an interesting psychedelic ideation on MDA, rather then the feeling-oriented, but rather idealess thinking of MDM(A).

----------------------
What I have been picking up is MDMA, on the west coast we refer to it as molly. Definitely seen friends hitting the SASSAFRASS, MDA. (I have never tried it though).

I understand you know there's a difference, not trying to bash. Just making clear to people that there is in fact a big difference.

I think you mean HCL, the amber crystal and the powder in the photos are both in HCL form, one is just crushed and the other is not. (salt form)

Edited by coleman318, 25 October 2011 - 03:27 PM.

#10 DivineMomentsofTruth

DivineMomentsofTruth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

yeah i dont see any RC talk on here unless its already been removed. anyways, ive heard amber is the best. ive had some amazing amber and some decent white. amber/tan has always been the best. it all depends tho because when an extraction is done a lot of people wash their product thus the resulting color is white.

it all depends on the people you know, whos tried it and who hasnt and if they have experience with quality product or not. i only get my stuff from people who have prior knowledge and have tested it to let me know its good. you could always buy a tiny amount and test it with a marquis reagent test. a quick purple-blackish color will result if its high in mdxx content. good luck!

oh btw, i have experimented with pure mdma and pure mda and id much prefer the mda far more. tripping and rolling, couldnt get ANY better. so amazing.

#11 5-MeO-DMT

5-MeO-DMT

What is it in itself

• Free Member
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

Research chemicals are garbage.

#12 DivineMomentsofTruth

DivineMomentsofTruth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 579 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

^very debatable. mdma and lsd used to be RCs. but we wont get into that.
  • lambep likes this

#13 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Will a mod chime in here and define the specifics as far as what's allowed and not allowed with synthetic chemicals?

It seems that all new synthetic drugs are forbidden, while discussion of MDMA and LSD are okay as long as we don't touch on their synthesis. Is this correct?

#14 junchieve

junchieve

Riding the Lightning

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

I can only get 'sass' (mda) around here. Ive had big amber crystals that was the best and white powder that was alright. I've already had a good experience with the chunky amber.

#15 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

.-=-.^/\^.-=-.^/\^.-=-.

• Forum Moderator
  • 5,918 posts

Donator

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Will a mod chime in here and define the specifics as far as what's allowed and not allowed with synthetic chemicals?
It seems that all new synthetic drugs are forbidden, while discussion of MDMA and LSD are okay as long as we don't touch on their synthesis. Is this correct?

I am definitely not the final word on policy around here, but I will say two things about the "exceptions" of LSD and MDMA.

1. These two chemicals have a long history of use compared to RCs. They are "known quantities," and are generally considered by the community to be of benefit to humanity.

2. Discussion of synthesis is outside the scope of the site. There is a wide wide highway of difference between extractions and synthesis of these two chemicals. Here our focus is on growing and extraction.

Generally, I think you've got the idea, Jawn.

#16 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• VIP
  • 12,210 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...515-post28.html

for our purposes here
a RC is defined as any one of the gray area drugs invented in the last several years that hasn't yet be scheduled as illegal yet still falls under the Federal Drug Analogue statutes.
that would exclude LSD and MDMA as they are scheduled as illegal.

#17 Jawn

Jawn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thanks, friend.

#18 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Free Member
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

there ya go, freaky beat me to it I was just gonna say if hasn't been identified & scheduled as it's own chemical i think it constitutes it being an "RC". although there are a couple i'd still consider RC's...

wish i knew more about the question at hand. :b

#19 asscore

asscore

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:37 PM

Good MDMA should be pure white, small crystals, and smell strongly of anise or black liquorice.

#20 DivineMomentsofTruth

DivineMomentsofTruth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

i came to the conclusion with hip3 awhile back that psilocin tinctures are allowed in discussion ie. 4 aco dmt as its the acetylated version of psilocin. but other than that i think alllllll rcs are banned from discussion. anyways i think its getting off topic here.

good luck with the molly and dont trust anyone that says yeah i can get this bomb shit because 9.9/10 its fuckn bullshit and they have no idea what they are talking about.

asscore, good molly is NOT always pure white and crystals can be large. depends on the recrystallization, if they did one or not and how they did it and with what solvent. that comes from washing your product and is a large misconception.

Edited by DivineMomentsofTruth, 26 October 2011 - 12:02 PM.
more details

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: color, crystal, mdma, purity

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!