Raw Milk

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Mind

Mind

• Expired Member
  • 573 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hopefully it'll be more available and from trusted sources, maybe all the good things that have been done will already lead someone or something to do something great for humanity. Providing tastey safe to eat animals would be nice, hopefully perfected cloning for organic food will wipe out the current markets.

#22 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,229 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'd love to see a study looking for a correlation between homogenization and heart disease rates.

Anyway, later on I almost completely stopped using dairy products as cow's milk is for baby cows to drink so they gain 300 pounds in a year even if it's otherwise free of hormones, antibiotics, bacteria, pus, and other unsavory (and ubiquitous) constituents. I can get enough fat, protein, and calcium from other sources, so I generally do.

To put into perspective how uber- powerful the dairy industry is, and equally powerful the processed -meat industry is (not to mention the new kid on the block- the corn syrup smorgasbord thats now in virtually every processed food available [and perhaps killing off the honeybees necessary to pollinate all our REAL food] all of these harmful substances IMHO, have been quite conclusively linked to Americans' abnormal (compared with the rest of the world) relationships with heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes; all of our top killers.

The bulk of the damage done is to defenseless children in grade school when they're all brain washed that these things are good for us.

The studies have been done, but are covered up. Well -published, highly decorated and respected top University professors are routinely shunned by administrations all the time for speaking truths. Check out a documentary called Forks Over Knives. It contains a lot of conclusive data thats been successfully covered up for many decades just by marginalizing all who dare to disagree; academic dynamos or not. The truth shall set you free, but for now stays well hidden from the public in the obscure darkness of critical thought.

Edited by riseabovethought, 26 February 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#23 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:44 PM

i think this is one of those instances where if ya know the guy who ya got it from
you're probably gonna be alright

local economy and agriculture- winning again

there is actually a guy from ohio who is running for the US senate- Warren Taylor
he owns snowville creamery, a locally sustaining dairy farm in southeast ohio
nothing funny about that at all, but here's where the hypocrisy comes in
their milk only has two areas where it is ALLOWED BY LAW to be sold
the state of ohio, and WASHINGTON DC

what makes their milk different?
low temperature flash pasteurization
and no homogenization

why is this brand of milk not sold all over the country?
because it would endanger our entrenched power's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and seriously, the milk is WAY better quality. im with TV, don't even
drink milk, but when i use it for cooking etc this shit is bounds above
the quality of normal BS.

pretty funny our lawmakers reserved themselves a stash of the good stuff 'eh?

#24 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

I think I heard that the homogenization question began when autopsies were being done on GI's from Vietnam. The young soldiers had a ridiculously high rate of early-stage heart disease (I'm not going to try and track down the source for this so take it with a glass of milk). The Weston Price Foundation has some interesting milk info. http://www.westonaprice.org. It does seem that homogenization changes the molecular structure of something human's have been using for thousands of years. At the very least, that means we have to adapt to a new substance - allergies, etc. Price found that some of the healthiest people on the planet consumed huge amounts of raw dairy products and red meat, giving them large doses of saturated fats (demonized by the establishment). At least one interesting researcher (Sallon Fallon - "Nourishing Traditions) believes that unsaturated fats may be the largest instigator of our current (un)health epidemic. I only use milk in my coffee and cooking/baking. It's raw 90% of the time - shit's expensive.

#25 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:24 PM

I think I heard that the homogenization question began when autopsies were being done on GI's from Vietnam. The young soldiers had a ridiculously high rate of early-stage heart disease (I'm not going to try and track down the source for this so take it with a glass of milk). The Weston Price Foundation has some interesting milk info. http://www.westonaprice.org. It does seem that homogenization changes the molecular structure of something human's have been using for thousands of years. At the very least, that means we have to adapt to a new substance - allergies, etc. Price found that some of the healthiest people on the planet consumed huge amounts of raw dairy products and red meat, giving them large doses of saturated fats (demonized by the establishment). At least one interesting researcher (Sallon Fallon - "Nourishing Traditions) believes that unsaturated fats may be the largest instigator of our current (un)health epidemic. I only use milk in my coffee and cooking/baking. It's raw 90% of the time - shit's expensive.

expensive because i suppose the seller is taking a risk selling it to you. i drank a lot of raw milk when i was a kid...
you know my brother is a doctor of pharmacy that works for the fed gov, and about this saturated fats and cholesterol stuff he told me...the FDA is a politically motivated lobbied BS establishment.

the only thing you should even pay attention on a nutritional information label is the grams of sugar in a product, and the ingredients.

your body is only capable of absorbing SO much fat...but it can absorb an unlimited amount of sugar (which it then converts to fat unless its used up)

people have switched to a low fat, low protein, high sugar diet with soy milk and fruit juice. it is a mess!

[Direct Link]

you fat guys out there... weigh your self....and for 3 days...eat eggs, bacon, steak, milk, cheese, but NO bread or sugar or fruit or anything with sugar....watch your weight slide and your blood pressure drop...

but i digress...back to the topic....DRINK YOUR RAW MILK...FAST BEFORE THE MAN GETS IT!

#26 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Have a nice cool glass of cow secretion.

Not in my tea.

#27 pnkelfntsonprade

pnkelfntsonprade

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

http://www.marlerblo...78-perhaps-more

My wife wanted us to start drinking raw milk and I expressed concern over the possible parasites and or pathogens that could be transmitted to our children. She didn't believe me and said I'm obsessed with that kind of thing. (I don't like the kids running around in the yard without shoes for fear they might get worms. My dog shits the size of an elephant and as frequent as a mouse.) The above article came to my rescue less that a week later but she us undeterred. Milk is already expensive and between me and the kids we can kill a gallon in a day no problem. I recognize that there are beneficial antibodies and what not in raw milk but the protein content of all milk raw, Vit D, 2%, 1% and skim is the same. I just don't see there being enough benefit to justify paying more, traveling to that 1 special dairy that will sell to you and the possible sickness associated.

#28 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Expired Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

And it's not only the homogenisation, which by making these homogenous tiny fat balls that bond calcium so tight your body can't absorb it, but it stick to you veins and "calcifying"...

it's also the UHT (http://en.wikipedia....ture_processing :eusa_liar)

heated above 135°C/275°F...greatly reduces the amount of some vitamins (mostly B-complex)

yes, the amount of calcium is the same!...which means little, you can crash a car into the wall with 100mph and the mass will be the same, but it's not much of a car then is it?... useless deceitful data.

#29 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,641 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

'what dont kill us only makes us stronger.'
if you ever do get the chance to taste raw milk you wont want to go back to store bought. raw milk actually has a taste to it unlike store bought. i drank raw milk for many months and didnt get sick or die obviously. after i wrestled my goat down to get her milk (this was the hardest part of the process by far) it went straight to the kitchen to be filtered and heated. got about 2 quarts out of her on a good day. and her milk was buttery rich. i made cheese out of it too that was really good.
so yeah raw milk will not kill you and has been proven to be better for you but not everyone is crazy enough to wrestle a goat or cow every day just for a couple quarts of raw milk.

#30 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Not tried raw milk but store bought milk shouldn't be knocked. Regardless of all the bad comments about it here, it contains vitamins such as vitamin D and A, it contains iodine, calcium and zinc; not forgetting fats and proteins. Also, not all micro-organisms are killed during pasteurisation and so may add to your gut flora. These microbes form a mutualistic relationship as they synthesise vitamins, particularly in the colon, such as nicotinic acid (B3), riboflavin (B2), pantothenic acid (B5), thiamine (B1), biotin (B7), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Raw milk may be better but store bought milk is still good for you. Furthermore, research suggests that milk may be better for rehydration after exercise as it encourages muscle development and replaces electrolytes lost in sweat.

http://www.scienceda...10817142849.htm

#31 knowninvisibilities

knowninvisibilities

EthnoExplorer

• Expired Member
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

A relative of mine drank raw goat milk for years, I enjoyed some too

#32 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Not tried raw milk but store bought milk shouldn't be knocked. Regardless of all the bad comments about it here, it contains vitamins such as vitamin D and A, it contains iodine, calcium and zinc; not forgetting fats and proteins. Also, not all micro-organisms are killed during pasteurisation and so may add to your gut flora. These microbes form a mutualistic relationship as they synthesise vitamins, particularly in the colon, such as nicotinic acid (B3), riboflavin (B2), pantothenic acid (B5), thiamine (B1), biotin (B7), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid (B9), and cobalamin (B12). Raw milk may be better but store bought milk is still good for you. Furthermore, research suggests that milk may be better for rehydration after exercise as it encourages muscle development and replaces electrolytes lost in sweat. http://www.scienceda...10817142849.htm

Based on my reading, I'd have to disagree with most of this. First, I buy raw at the store, so "store bought" does not imply that you aren't getting raw. Low or non-fat milk is probably a nearly pointless waste of time. Aside from that, the benefits of the non-raw milk depend on several factors. Were the cows fed or bred for increased growth hormone or given antibiotics? Were they fed a soy-based diet or grass fed? Pasteurization is shown to kill much of the vitamin content in milk including up to half the vitamin C and some of the stuff that's put back in artificially. One of the vitamins destroyed is B12 so there's no chance of any mutualistic relationship there, even if any of the beneficial bacteria survive the heat treatment. Often, vitamin D2, which is toxic, is added to "conventional" milk. Heat makes the protein complex less available for absorption as well. Stainless steal processing equipment and packaging techniques makes the, already spurious claims for pasteurization, almost useless - most of the contaminated milk over the last several decades, I believe have come from pasteurized milk. This, again, doesn't even touch the homogenization step.

Edited by August West, 29 February 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#33 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

Pasteurize it? Better than BGH milk.

#34 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:48 AM

Pasteurize it? Better than BGH milk.

All cows create Bovine Growth Hormone (unless they are atypical). However, they don't all create recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH), which is synthetic. Pasteurizing and (non)-rBGH are not mutually inclusive. I believe synthetic rBGH survives the pasteurization process. rBGH also causes cows to secrete puss into their milk, which, most likely causes some other nasties that survive pasteurization. I'd wager that far more available pasteurized milk comes from cows who receive rBGH than cows supplying raw milk (so to speak). This is why it's important to know what goes into your cow, not just what's done to it after it comes out. Remember, the milk industry has deep pockets and they want you drinking their product - and they'll spend their dollars to buy advertising, scientists and athletes to shill their propaganda. Knowledge, it does a body good......i am not a Dr. and these statement have not been approved by the FDA...

#35 LargeMarge

LargeMarge

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

I would not feed the kids raw milk. I think that is a bad call. Pasteurize it first. I have worked on several dairy farms in my life. While I was working at the first one all of the milk I drank came right out of the bulk tank, but I am an adult and chose to take that risk. Cows, even grass fed ones, are dirty. When they shit, it splatters. That combined with a potentially low hanging bag and that's bad news. There is no way you can insure all the poo and bacteria have been wiped off their utter/teats and off the equipment, it is impossible. E coli is a HUGE risk, not mention other diseases and possibly even Johnes (Crohn's disease) Raw milk can be nasty shit it made lots of people sick even back in the day, now with cows and livestock being traded all over the place, diseases have spread far and wide. It doesn't matter if they have a closed herd either (No imported cows for a certain number of years) they can still get new out breaks from any vehicle or person that comes onto or drives by the farm.

BTW the milk with too much puss and other things such as mastitis (High somatic cell count) cannot be used for liquid milk or cream. it is too low of a grade and is used for cheese instead

#36 Peyote

Peyote

Peyote Coyote

• OG VIP
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

you know in the old country...we just boil the milk...skim off the "web" and drink it

#37 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

August West has the most viable opinion driven statement and I love it :-D
Love the fact how he even disclaims it, make it even stronger :-D

Organic RAW milk that is heated to 180 degrees for 10-20 mins is
PERFECTLY FINE and HEALTHY for you,, unless your lactose intolerant...
but I kinda think that "lactose intolerance" is kind of a scam...
I never read about anything like that from 300 years ago.. or even 100 yrs ago.
(BUT OF COURSE THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS...I dont want anyone jumping on me acting
as the exception police....exceptions are just common knowledge and should just be known they exist)

:dance:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!