• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_psillyme_*

Guest_psillyme_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:25 AM

Stronger than LSD and legal

By RICHARD T. PIENCIAK
DAILY NEWS SENIOR CORRESPONDENT

The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued a nationwide alert about a legal hallucinogenic herb from Mexico that is more intense than LSD and can cause debilitating, out-of-body visionary trances.

"There has been a recent interest among young adults and adolescents to rediscover ethnobotanical plants that can induce changes in perception, hallucinations or other psychologically induced changes," the DEA says in a bulletin titled "Drugs and Chemicals of Concern."

Salvia divinorum, popularly known as diviner's mint, is most powerful when smoked, but it also can be chewed or taken orally in an extract version. It is one of about 1,000 members of a species that also includes common garden plants.

At the highest intensity of use, one loses consciousness or "at least is unable to later recall what one has experienced," according to the Web site Salvia divinorum Frequently Asked Questions.

"The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around," the site says. "Somnambulistic behavior may occur; injuries can be sustained without pain being felt."

Salvia is best taken in the presence of a sitter, according to the Sagewisdom Web site, because taking a high dose can "cause you to lose awareness of your physical environment, freak out or become delusional."

"We're looking at it," said John Gilbride, associate special agent in charge of the DEA's New York field office.

"The DEA at the national level is tracking this to determine if this will become a growing trend as a drug of abuse," Gilbride said.

The intelligence gathering process - which includes DEA agents and members of the NYPD - is being complemented by state police members of the DEA's Drug Enforcement Task Force, Gilbride added.

Daniel Siebert of Malibu, Calif.,42, a botanist who created the Salvia divinorum Research and Information Center, said tests in mice show that the herb is "not very toxic." He said a human user would likely pass out before being able to take a lethal overdose.

Siebert said that because excessive use can lead to "very unpleasant consequences - panic, injuries, fires, falls and severe social humiliation" - such overuse is not likely to be repeated.

He sells Salvia online, but, he said, only to those 18 and older. He said he also believes that the herb should not be made illegal.

A 25-gram bag can be bought for $10, 100 grams for $35. Smoking as little as one-quarter of a gram can alter perception and senses.

The DEA's national warning about the herb, which is part of the larger family of sage plants, said that in addition to widespread Internet sales, salvia can be purchased at head and smoke shops in New York, Los Angeles and other large cities.

But last week, a Daily News reporter was unable to buy the substance at any of 12 stores in Greenwich Village.

One DEA official said investigators were having a difficult time tracking the level of sales because of the widespread use of the Internet.

Attempts to make Salvia divinorum and its active ingredients illegal under the Controlled Substances Act have been unsuccessful.

Original Link: http://www.nydailyne...62p-92551c.html

#2 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:28 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><HR SIZE=0><!-Quote-!><FONT SIZE=1>Quote:</FONT>

One DEA official said investigators were having a difficult time tracking the level of sales because of the widespread use of the Internet. <!-/Quote-!><HR SIZE=0></BLOCKQUOTE>
heh. good.

Posted Image

#3 Guest_velvet_*

Guest_velvet_*

Posted 21 July 2003 - 03:49 PM

Hahahah just got mine in the mail yesterday gonna start a thread about it in a minute

#4 shroomzhilla

shroomzhilla

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:41 PM

all those symptoms happened to me the first time (and only time) I tried a dip of copenhagen chew Posted Image puked my guts out for about.....EVER! head spins, blah blah blah.

#5 Guest_diotch_*

Guest_diotch_*

Posted 06 August 2003 - 01:43 PM

but you gotta figure out it isn't really a drug that one would want to abuse frequently at that high of dose. Every time i have gone gung ho with the stuff i haven't had the urge to do it again for weeks to a month. but mix some organic tobbacco and herb in with it and you have a killer smoke mix.

#6 Guest_drugiedugie_*

Guest_drugiedugie_*

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:54 PM

never tried it or even heard of it until reading here, anyone know of a reputable vendor ?

#7 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:00 PM

you might try our sponsor, bouncing bear.

#8 sleestak

sleestak

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 11:41 PM

I don't know what it is about salvia, but it gives me negative vibes. Mushrooms always feel right, salvia is like a psychedelic mind rape. I feel dirty afterwards and I don't want to tell anyone about it.

Bouncing Bear is a great place to get it though. They always treat me right.Posted Image

#9 Guest_erebus_*

Guest_erebus_*

Posted 07 August 2003 - 12:15 AM

I agree. Salvia does feel dirty.
Shrooms feel kinda blah for me sometimes too, not as bad as the salvia mindfuck thougk

#10 ctw_cowboy

ctw_cowboy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:39 AM

I haven't yet tried it - can anyone explain more on what 'dirty', and 'mental rape', and 'mindfuck' really means?

#11 kwy

kwy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 10:48 PM

I smoked about 6 gravity bong hits of salvia leaf (about 1 leaf per hit) and I felt a presence in the room, like an old woman, she was somewhat menacing, but that was probably because I smoked the salvia in an attempt to "get off" and have some fun. I had to ask her for permission to go outside and have a cigarette...Never felt a presence like that, even in high dose mushroom trips..This stuff is no joke, and it would not surprise me if they made it illegal in the near future.
mindfuck, mindrape, two words that come to mind after the effects wear off. In a way, it made me feel like an animal, kinda like in that movie Altered States. Of course, I like that sort of thing, but for all you people that just like to get high and feel good, stick with weed, don't ever believe anyone that says Salvia is a cannabis alternative - it will throw even the experienced tripper for a loop Posted Image

#12 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 23 August 2003 - 08:07 AM

cowboy i'm think those terms are trying to express the idea that one has no control over one's self while on salvia, you are overwhelmed and snuffed out and something entirely alien invades and takes over your conciousness so powerful that you can believe that reality is the illusion and salviaspace is the true reality.

#13 Guest_babylon_*

Guest_babylon_*

Posted 05 January 2004 - 01:09 PM

I have tried Salvia a few times, never been that intense for me. it would really be a pity if it were made illegal. It gave me a mild euphoria, hightened sensitivity to my surroundings, and a kind of "in tune" feeling, I had a similar experience with a low dose of peyote.

#14 Guest_dung_*

Guest_dung_*

Posted 05 January 2004 - 08:03 PM

that you can believe that reality is the illusion and salviaspace is the true reality

IT was like that the first time I did it. One big hit of an extract I stood up put my hands on a fence and than blamo I was fucked.

I was one of millions of faces stuck in a yellow wall. I had no body and my head was spinning around. All the other faces were making fun of me and telling me that this(salvia land) was reality and that my hole life was just a joke someone was playing on me.

A few min later I was drifting to the end of the wall where it was being turned by big black gears and my body formed and was beginning to pop out of the wall as I was being turned by the gears, Then I thought I would die because my head was still stuck in the wall and I did not know how I would get it out without popping it off of my body.

As I came back to reality thousands of holes were falling from the sky and making craters in the ground. Then a purple tube flew out of my head and into my friends shoes which I jumped at with my head because i wanted to tube to go back in.

I thank it is a super lame drug that make you feel like all freaked out like you are going to die.

#15 Guest_smerd_*

Guest_smerd_*

Posted 06 January 2004 - 01:46 PM

The extract has a much more profound effect than does straight salvia - a whole different drug, really.
I too had a trip where I went into a wall... strange.

(Message edited by Smerd on January 06, 2004)

#16 nepenthes_ak

nepenthes_ak

Wanderlust King

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

didnt read all the posts but
the reson it gets bad reps is cause People think its a PArty drug..

Its more spiritual thanany thing

ITS DEFINETALY NOT!

cheers

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!