• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 booma

booma

Myconoob

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

My apologies if someone has already linked this. Yet another Stumble find for me.
I am intrigued by this, does anyone have any experience or opinions when it comes to this sort of construction? I like that farther down the page they mention that you can use hemp bags as well...

http://www.inspirati...nstruction.html
  • Erkee likes this

#2 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:52 AM

Those are really cool. I could live in one of those.

#3 anne halonium

anne halonium

Trolls'R'us

• Banned Member
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

makes sense to me.
im usually surrounded by dirt bags anyway.

#4 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

I could live in that for sure,too cool.

#5 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

I'm really thinking of building a shed like this with a living grass / plant/ mushroom / moss roof/walls water collecting system hmmmm ideas are spinnin. I would do a small shed just to try it out ... now where's the mote gonna be :) ..... shed / green house ........

#6 booma

booma

Myconoob

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

I told my hubby that i would like to buy some land and build a great big home like this, make it all funky and most definitely grow things on/around it.. i want to grow most, if not all of our food, have some solar panels set up.. it could be pretty sweet :)

#7 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

I told my hubby that i would like to buy some land and build a great big home like this, make it all funky and most definitely grow things on/around it.. i want to grow most, if not all of our food, have some solar panels set up.. it could be pretty sweet :)

Gotta love that idea I try to grow some of our food and we do trade the harvest with neighbours but it's not alot yet slowly growing and digging more gardens .... need to fix a tiller :) by the spring. Out to shovel snow now... dream all winter about where everything must go

#8 Countrcultur

Countrcultur

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:32 PM

these look cool, I live in northern alberta, i wonder if they would be good for -40C. I'm sure you could build them thick enough to insulate for the cold... I have land back home on the reserve with no land taxes or anything and I live in the city and pay rent... stuff like this makes me wonder what the hell im doing

#9 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:45 AM

i just recently found out about earthbag homes and decided that i will build a few once i buy some property in oregon in the near future. i happened across anothe amazing site, instructables.com that had complete step by step instructions on how to build these amazing structures! enjoy!

http://www.google.co...M7JFI_2eDEfsEAA
http://www.google.co...6ZgEefMjJfMTu4Q
http://www.google.co...52iOWms8YMZpoEw

#10 booma

booma

Myconoob

• Free Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:42 AM

so awesome, thank you :) i have less than a dollar to my name right now, but im hoping i can get some cash saved and get to building. im really diggin this whole idea :)

#11 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,229 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:06 PM

I love it! I gotta do it! Thank you!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!