• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 mindless

mindless

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:35 PM

behavior sounds more typical to pcp to me...

i wonder if they bothered to do an autopsy and see what it really was

#22 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:59 PM

many drugs can contribute to that kind of behavior, meth, coke are two classic examples.
and there may well have been some mental problem before he even dosed.

#23 shroomzhilla

shroomzhilla

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:01 PM

right, but we will never see the final results of the autopsy, if bucci's father said he THOUGHT his son was amped up on pixie sticks and nutrasweet mixed, we'd never have heard of it in the first place. beside the description of the shooting sounds a little un warranted for the situation by the report given so who knows what really happened, the only person that knew everything that happened is dead now. and I trust the police to fit the story to the situation every time.

#24 Guest_faht_*

Guest_faht_*

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:22 PM

why do they have to shoot to kill in those situations??? Shoot 'em in the leg, hell ill take one in the balls before i take one in the chest. fuck the Posted Image

Posted Imagefaht

#25 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:51 PM

i think if a naked man brandishing a knife ran up to my car and broke out my window,
i'd shoot him, too.
and there's no such thing as shooting to wound,
even a hit in the leg can easily be fatal.
but i'll agree that the police need a non-lethal way to disable dangerous lunatics without killing them.

#26 Guest_faht_*

Guest_faht_*

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:48 AM

well yeah if someone comes after you or me in that way, then i can see understand a little more. but cops go through training to deal with that kind of shit. if someone is coming at you with a knife, they are going to have to get damn close to you to do any serious damage, right? well it just seems it would be just as easy to pull out your pepper spray as it is to pull out your gun, you know? don't get me wrong im not defending psychos, i just think that when a cop goes and practices shooting their weapons every week, they want to find the smallest excuse to test their abilities. but whateva, i try not to give them an excuse for anything. I just don't like cops, even the ones that pretend to be helpful.

Posted Imagefaht

#27 shroomzhilla

shroomzhilla

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:14 PM

last I knew in a certain state, there have been 2 state troopers shot in the line of duty in the last 4 years where there was a big man hunt that the first guy killed himself (supposedly)and they still put a few rounds into him from a distance before approaching his body. the other guy was shot dead on sight too. I was talking to a sherrifs deputy about that the day before and he had a sly remark about how some things get "taken care of". the first incident one of the snipers made a remark to my friend transporting him out to the site that was quite incriminating.
I know these guys were armed and dangerous, but with the history around here you can forget a trial if you kill a copPosted Image weather self defence or not.I'm never going to believe more than 10% of anything I read in the papers and will figure thats the wrong ten % any way. there's no way of knowing the truth of anything anymore in this ORWELLIAN society. all hail big brother

#28 Guest_bigwoolymammoth_*

Guest_bigwoolymammoth_*

Posted 06 August 2003 - 03:08 PM

Mushrooms around here usually mean storebought white button mushrooms laced with pcp... just a though

#29 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:32 PM

That shit will make anyone crazy if ya do enough!

Roc

#30 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 07 August 2003 - 06:36 AM

faht,
spraying a loonie with pepper spray is just going to piss him off.
and it only takes a split second to run up and stick someone bad with a blade.
i really don't blame the cop for taking the guy down,
instead i blame the society that puts him out on the streets with guns as his only real defense.

#31 Guest_leprachaun_*

Guest_leprachaun_*

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:36 PM

I think all cops should have guns but only use them as a last resort. I can't think of anything non-lethal that would be as effective as a gun. I saw on tv a "bean bag" shotgun which seemed to work well but it probably has only a very short range.

I don't think ordinary citizens should be allowed to own guns, apart from maybe rifles and shotguns for sport or farming. It is too easy to kill someone with a gun if you are extremely angry with them, and too easy to kill yourself if you are suicidally depressed. I'm sure a large number of murders and suicides would not happen if the person concerned didn't have access to a gun.

#32 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:46 PM

people still managed to kill themselves and others in great numbers long before guns were invented.
people kill people, not guns alone.
a gun is a tool, like a hammer.
both can be misused to kill an innocent human.
but we don't blame hammers.
the world is a far too dangerous place, full of madmen and deviants, to disarm the citizens,
if anything, the govt. needs us now more than ever to shoulder the responsibility of protecting ourselves, our families, and our neighborhoods.
a side note--
the swiss require every male head of house to own and keep ready a real military-issue rifle in case they are needed to defend their countrymen.

#33 Guest_faht_*

Guest_faht_*

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:47 PM

tu che.

faht

#34 mycurious

mycurious

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:16 PM

crazy people are very hard to control. did any of you ever see the police video of the guy with a samurai sword that wouldn't give up even after they sprayed him with mace AND shot him with the beanbag gun? they finally brought in a fire truck and hosed him until he dropped the sword then they rushed him.

#35 shroomzhilla

shroomzhilla

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 09:31 PM

its all about if the camera is there or not to make your story fit the situation! the best thing in the world is the camera on the police vehicles, but still you see on some of the shows how they seem to park at an angle to keep you from seeing everything too. its not fool proof but its a step more they have to take to pull the shit they do.Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Guest_disco_*

Guest_disco_*

Posted 08 August 2003 - 06:04 PM

MyCurious! I saw that video too! That guy was totally fuckin nuts. They were shooting him with bean bags and he just shook it off "Last Dragon" style. You might think I am an idiot, but I almost have to give the guy credit for keeping that many people at bay for so long. What a trip!

#37 Guest_kung_fu_fungi_*

Guest_kung_fu_fungi_*

Posted 08 August 2003 - 06:42 PM

I think that video took place in Seattle. The police there weren't able to repeat that five years later with another sword-wielding person.

Here's the article
http://seattlepi.nws...67_shot19.shtml

And here's Seattle's finest at their best:Posted Image

TUESDAY, JULY 10[2001] After years of playing the heavy (shopping for police chiefs, flogging rioters, shooting brown people), today the Seattle Police Department offered up a bit of whimsy, putting on a show of almost Keystone Kop proportions this morning on north Capitol Hill.

The yuk-fest began with two police cars (henceforth known as Car #1 and Car #2) hot on the trail of a stolen police vehicle. Car #1 had the stolen car in its sights, but lost it while stopping briefly at an intersection. Car #2 soon came upon the same intersection, and, mistaking Car #1 for the stolen vehicle, rammed into Car #1.

The driver of Car #1, having been rammed by a maniac in a cop car, understandably assumed he was being attacked by the stolen vehicle and started shooting. All in all, three officers (two in one car, one in the other) fired more than 39 rounds at each other before discovering their error, while the stolen car zipped away on northbound I-5.

Thankfully, no one was hurt, and a firearms review board will investigate whether the officers are horrible shots or just really good duckers.Posted Image

#38 Guest_robo_*

Guest_robo_*

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:08 PM

I saw that video too. I thought it was sad how long it took them to disarm a single guy without a hostage. I dont know the exact time frame, but it took hours. I remember thinking how long it took them when i saw it.

#39 Guest_zap_*

Guest_zap_*

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:40 AM

mace+tazer=5min job, 1hr = pay check ;B)

#40 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 09 August 2003 - 10:46 AM

the driver of car #1 should be fired.
any firearm saavy person can tell you,
rule #1 you ALWAYS make sure of your target before opening fire.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!