• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 jimmy

jimmy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:05 PM

debit and credit card provide a tell all about your spending habit and such too. no one is safe. companies pay big money for these types of records so they can chart what age groups are doing what and that type of thing to target their marketing to the groups where it will be most effective. i can't even think about this stuff too much or i turn into a paranoid freak!! cell phones, credit cards, bank cards, plus lot's of other stuff we consider "convienences" can be used as tools to "spy" on us. and i am sure there is shit we can't even begin to imagine that they are using too. better stop now before i really get started!!

#22 jimmy

jimmy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:06 PM

or maybe i am just trying to flatter myself into thinkning that i am actually important enough for the government to keep track of!!...ha ha ya right!!!

#23 sleestak

sleestak

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:21 PM

I've been using stamps.com for the past few weeks. I print my own stamps, and shipping labels. Then I just take it to the post office and drop it off. I haven't really worried much about privacy since I don't ship out "other stuff"

#24 Guest_alien_*

Guest_alien_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:39 PM

man, ever since 911 its been downhill Posted Image

#25 Guest_mycos_*

Guest_mycos_*

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:54 PM

Yeah, and has anyone else noticed that during the summer of 2001, whenever you'd turn on the TV lots of commercials kept using the word "Freedom", especially for cell-phones("the Freedom plan", and that damn faux-blues jingle sung by Faith Hill) and cars with the G.P.S. Systems in them. Both things that are used to track you.

Semantic Corruption: Associate the word "Freedom" with little nothings until it's just another nonsense mouth-noise, then when the shit hits the fan, everyone cries out for protection with policies made by the criminal Global Elite intent on destroying that freedom.

Just a thought.....Posted Image

#26 Guest_erebus_*

Guest_erebus_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:09 AM

Doesn't matter much to me, I've been saving money every paycheck and should have enough to move to canada in a year Posted Image

Who's coming with me Posted Image

#27 Guest_alien_*

Guest_alien_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:14 AM

Me and the wife have tossed it around. I have one dui from a few years ago, so I may have problems, Canada hates that. We have tossed the idea of the Netherlands, but thats a big move. We are a few hours from Canada, would be an easy move.

#28 Guest_erebus_*

Guest_erebus_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:19 AM

We should all pitch in to save up for a 5-6 acre plot in Canada where we can all commute for a festival once a year. Wouldn't that be nice Posted Image

We could have best bud contests, most aesthetic mushroom, biggest mushroom, and then we feast on the winners lol.

End Dream Sequence

Ok back to reality, I wonder how hard it is to find a job and place to live in canada around B.C.?

#29 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 06:26 AM

i have no idea HOW they plan to implement this scheme, it's still under research and development.

#30 Guest_xylem_*

Guest_xylem_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:44 AM

O Canada!

she's looking better and better every day.

#31 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 14 August 2003 - 07:54 AM

i'll tell you one that burns my ass,
wal mart.
they pay attention to what you buy.
recently a guy got busted for meth manufacture after wal mart informed the DEA of his recent purchases of large amounts of camp stove fuel and other misc. items that fit the 'profile'.
Posted Image

#32 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,980 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2003 - 08:56 AM

My wife worked there once and they actually have the registers programmed to identify certain purchases... if the buyer paid by anything except cash they have ya! Those paying by cash and buying sudophedrine in excess of 3 packs are actually confronted at the register! This shit sucks! Posted Image

Roc

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!