• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 benderislord

benderislord

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

*update i have located a better suited water pump and am awaiting my friend to return from his lucky vacation in europe to receive it...this bottle hole burning is getting old...need to track down a decent bit for this and a good fully corded drill

#22 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

So this sounds fantastic, I am interested in how the poly does.

#23 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

I am still waiting on fish my pet store went there a week or so ago they closed down so I have no idea how long b4 I get fish now :( and they had cool sand I wanted to. I just tried to contact her so wait and see if they still have some stuff in storage to sell.

#24 benderislord

benderislord

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

awww that sux wild.... :( i understand how it feels when a decent place is forced to close it's doors for whatever the reason....depending on the type of fish you want there are many online resources for them...mate0x i am as well i am going to be resourcing that soon...kinda tricky to find enough of it for cheap around here....and in the volumes needed at that! for restuffing a pillow it's kinda cheap...for outfitting a rig like this it's gonna run way too high for this projects budget goals which are to be as small as possible for accessibility to those in many different earning brackets so far out side the initial purchase price of the soda i have spent 3$ on this rig...i have been lucky on most of it being quite the scavenger and resourcing much of it for free...including many of the soda bottles...once i tell folks of the plans most of the time they are more than happy to help in return for some of the produce should i get it finished and see a decent veggie crop from it....i have selected 2 trees that NEED to come down for my side supports i will be getting those soon so i can start to rough cure them and i will be using a white paint on the framing and bottles after much thought...the algae is not the concern as the uv light is going to be too much for most root systems to handle without stress or death ....*stay tuned for updates!

#25 blueprince

blueprince

b ן u ǝ p ɹ ı n ɔ ǝ

• Expired Member
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Didn't think this needed its own thread and i figured OP may be interested. The link is to a super simple variant of barrelponics using a single food-grade barrel. Great introduction tool which doesn't take more than an after noon to put together.

http://affnan-aquapo...ans-siphon.html

Cheers.

#26 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,538 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

I was thinking about this today looking at some youtube vids :)
I have found some fish update have one Aquaponic system and one hydroponic system going at the moment starting my veggie seeds lettuce love it tomatoes love it peppers love it petunans anyway you get the picture there is no room in my system so I decided when the plants are too big move them out and add more seeds :) they sprout quicker and grow faster havent had veggies to put in the garden this nice b4 I am happu with both of them :)

Edited by wildedibles, 06 May 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!