• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Sorry folks but only the locals will get treated to cannabis come Jan. 1st.

http://www.theatlant...tourists/38248/

Tourists will no longer be allowed to purchase but locals will.

#2 dub504

dub504

Le bons temps rouler

• Expired Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

Dang xenophobes, when will they learn!

#3 roc

roc

• 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Yet another read on this matter...

http://news.yahoo.co...-001350503.html

I'm glad I know lot's of locals that keep me off the tourist route. I prefer the local hangouts in small villages anyway.

#4 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Free Member
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

Unfortunately the Dutch Conservatives have won mentioning terrorist scares to get in power and as a result we get laws like this.
roc - it is always good to keep off the beaten tourist route. When I travel I have tended to go to the smaller towns and avoid the tourist traps. End up having such a wonderful time that way :) . I have many places yet to visit ...

#5 Man of Knowledge

Man of Knowledge

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

ajohnsmokingpot1abc.jpg
S--t, I still cannot get the friggin image to post.

HI Roc, as someone who has been to Amsterdam, Tiel, and Hazelwoud Dorp and Rotterdam and other locales, I am sure that most tourist will be able to get pot pretty easy. I am wondering though will people still be allowed to smoke it anywhere they want as before. My first visit there since the late 60s, including the 1998 Psychoactivity conference, people were constantly lighting up in the Tropen museum, including cigarette smokers as well as pot smokers. I was robbed that year and lost a lot of valuable photos in 4 albums of scholars throughout the year.

Interestingly, the ban on shrooms of December of 2008 was one of the stupidest things ever. Dr. Tjakko Stijve who for decades was Nestles chief chemist told me they used my paper with Guzman and Gartz to list each species individually in the new law that made shrooms illegal. However, they also listed 8-9 edible species that are sold in stores and restaurants and grow naturally at the right seasons there. The only strange outcome were the group of people with the water guns. They planted about six cubes in the ground in a garden at a government building and were over heard telling reporters how next year all the cubes from the massive spores in the watergun would cause cubes to grow all over the Nederlands. They sprayed gardens in public parks, government buildings, etc. Then took off in a hot air balloon and about two dozen reporters and journalist are taking it all down. Planting by hand some cubes in a public garden was cute, but cubes would not grow in the Nederlands. Too far north of the Med Sea. I have about 60 enourmous photos of that event and the news items that followed. a year later when no cubensis popped up anywhere, the reporters totally ignored the failed end result and felt it was not even worth reporting about. However, I must confess that the stupidity of the written legislature banning about 180 species that are Psilocybian active, they did not consider all the other shrooms that contain other chemicals in them that people could possibly get high off of. IT is easier in Holland or Nederlands to get smack on the street now then mushrooms, but the law screwed up and They failed to note the sclerotia of several species sold in the smart shoppes and also the selling of prints or the selling of kits that already have began to permete with mycelia when sold in the shops or in the mail. Fresh shrooms of Tiel is now Truffle Magic in the Nederlands and Pro-Care is now magic truffles, and then people who know where cyanescens and lib caps grow can pick them all the time and not be hassled or busted. Even there in that country, I met shroomers when I was there who told me many farmers let people pick with a colored bucket for a few guilders or euros or whatever they call their money now, and of course, in Europe and the UK, P. strictipes (similar to a lib cap but not as tall) grow like they do in Oregon, at golf courses, open fields where no cattle are, but many fields are fertilized so spores are there to let them grow. Every three or four years here in Seattle, I come across a pound or so of libs.. They have even been picked in Woodland Lawn a large lawed area for young adults to play frisbee, or touch football, socker, etc. So, as for Amsterdam, when I last went two and a half years ago, they were talking of closing one third of the coffee houses, and about half of the red light house districts along the canals. And interesting, Blacks (Suranamese, A dutch colony of people who are Dutch citizens and many of the black ladies are prostitutes, and their pimps are from the middle east or Algerian, Morrocan, etc. and those girls are discriminated by the Dutch Government because they are black, the city makes them do their business away from the main red light district and they are given red light window rooms at the farthest streets from the main district and from the train station.

After I was robbed in 1998, I told a good friend if you want smoke or hash, go tot he coffee house, do not talk to people hanging out on the canal bridges. So he went to someone who called him over and the guy pulled a knife and robbed him. SO, probably only the German, Italian and French will be really uptight about the pot situation. Didn't Spain recently legalize a lot of drugs. I know some are legal in South America, and of course our own US supreme court a few years back appoved huasca which is available in most clubs and taverns in Brazil and who knows where else, but the drink is legal in the USA. yet Salvia has been banned in about 11-13 states now. People forget, the Indians chew the leaves in a wad. They do not produce extracts and make smoke from it.

Man of knowledge

#6 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,994 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

Been to Amsterdam, Rotterdam.......but my favorite was Alkmaar.
Here's a shout out to De Brug - hope that cute strawberry blonde counter girl is still there.
Lots of hole-in-the-wall places to visit. And 'shrooms were available even though legislation prevented sale - dried specimens were offered on a number of occasions. LOL I bootlegged some P. ovoid honey-paste through customs and was sharing with smart shoppe owners over there.
This legislation may prevent idiot narco-tourism but it won't shut down the industry completely.

Remembering the red light district and train station from your article......
The Crown Hotel - smack in the middle of it all. Never seen such architecture. Stairways like ladders - LOL
Man, I miss being there.

#7 Dinix

Dinix

Feeding the Ouroboros

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

as someone who has been to Amsterdam, Tiel, and Hazelwoud Dorp and Rotterdam and other locales, I am sure that most tourist will be able to get pot pretty easy.

Time and time again, old men who think they know what's best try to impose prohibition. Time and time again, the industry goes black market with a huge increase in price and crime, and no real decrease in consumption. I just wonder who's going to get rich off the new legislation?

#8 Synapse

Synapse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

"The government in October launched a plan to ban what it considered to be highly potent forms of cannabis -- known as "skunk" -- placing these in the same category as hard drugs such as heroin or cocaine."
-This is just ridiculous.

#9 roc

roc

• 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

MJ

I am in no way recommending peeps go to the streets or canals to buy good bud... you will be robbed!

I have friends in the surrounding areas and we always stay off the tourist path for good bud and fine beer. It's a lot more fun in the local neighborhood pub or coffee shop and much safer.

I hate to see this happen to the shops around Amsterdam... lot's of tourists don't know any locals and that really sucks!

peace

#10 AdSchepvla

AdSchepvla

Badoh negro symbiont

• Expired Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

just ask some friendly locals to buy weed for you. when i still smoked weed we'd always buy stuff for tourists, just because my friends and i were familiar faces and got better deals. plus we knew the better shops. tourists always get ripped off, everywhere. it's some kind of golden rule.
there still is more than enough weed for sale in the netherlands and the overall quality is still high (pun intended). every backpacker-type of tourist will find someone to show her/him around and buy some this and that there and there. and most coffeeshop owners will most probably defy this new stupid law. our government is just trying to fuck things up that have become to strong to be fucked with.
same thing with mushrooms, they're officially prohibited atm, but sclerotia, growkits, lc's, sporeprints etc aren't so basically nothing has changed. most smartshops still sell cubensis and semilanceata anyway. and dmt and mescaline are officially prohibited, but any good smartshop has peyote, san pedro, chacropanga, virola etc. for sale. please don't be scared by the xenophobic 'freedom party' and the 'liberal party' and their big talk

#11 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

Does this effect the cannabis cup?

#12 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

Sounds like a great way to get the locals more money by selling to the tourists that want to smoke outside of the coffee shops.

#13 corporal_clegg

corporal_clegg

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:21 AM

I've lived in Amsterdam and Rotterdam for five years (and my girlfriend is from Den Haag) and actually in my experience the best weed is to be found in amsterdam. Obviously really good weed is going to be cheap anywhere but in amsterdam you have many groups competing in genetics competitions and a huge market to make it worth it. You don't get this in a small village that has only two coffee shops. If you guys want to know which coffeshops are worth a visit I could post a list. The tweede kamer and the gray area are some of the best tho.... and there's one on the niewezijds voorburgwal which has absolutly lovely bio weed, soo good but not cheap, can't remember the name.

On safety, In any city I would avoid walking through the red light district on my own, at night. Every local cycles around, you might be advised to take a cab if you're on your own and have no bike (I had someone try to rob me only once in 5 years and that was in rotterdam on my way home from work, lucky for me the gun he was carrying was made of plastic)

On tourists not allowed to buy weed I say OK. It was stupid tourists who got mushrooms banned too and it pissed everyone off. Tourists do stupid shit, locals don't. Tourists get stoned and then drink and pass out in the street. Even snoop dog did this outside the greenhouse. Dutch grown-ups don't. It's just a shame that it will make amsterdam lose some of it's international vigor. As somebody posted above tho of course the black market will try to fill in the gap. To be honest most of us took acid in holland anyway because it was only 5e ago, mushrooms being 15. Legal or illegal is not a big deal there, the laws are pretty forgiving unless your dealing.

My 5 fen

Edited by corporal_clegg, 21 January 2012 - 06:59 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!