65 replies to this topic

#61 sandman

sandman

Mansplainer

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,701 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:02 PM

black substance? Is it like lots of little black spots? or? I would imagine its contammed. Only thing to do is

A) Bust it up outside (after cutting off contamme dportion) and bury it for outdoor flushes
B)Let it sit and try to fruit in bag invitro (may not happen since its ocntammed)

#62 letaripper

letaripper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

not little spots.

since it's far from the fruits is it okay to just let it continue to fruit ?

can it be stopped ?:eusa_doh:

#63 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:35 PM

any pix ?
need to see...
describe black area
where source bag, home-made ?
what's in it ?

#64 letaripper

letaripper

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:15 PM

any pix ?
need to see...
describe black area
where source bag, home-made ?
what's in it ?

No Pix

It's dark and black on the bottom of the cake it covers total area of a american quarter.

The bag came from the mad season guy, what ever he sells, that's what's in it. Sorry for my lack of experience.

it had some kind of wierd jelly slime in it that was brown, that dried into a filmy type of tissue.

I got rough and broke it up a little some of the pins fell off. oops.
some real nice pins though.

maybe, I should flush it the first time, take it out of the bag cut off the suspected contaminent and put it outdoors.

where do I want to put it outdoors for a second flush ?

Good plan ?
:eusa_eh:

Thanks for the kind reception to these basic questions.

Tenderly,

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

#65 superguss14

superguss14

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

hey everybody,
im new to the forum and thought id post something. over the last 4 years, ive tried to grow cubensis about 6 times, (trying pf tek, buying a growing kit, etc.), and every time i failed because of green mold. one time, i got to the casing step and got infection shortly after i cased it. i was starting to get disheartened, but ever more determined to succeed.
About a month and a half ago, i tried a new setup: wheat berries. they colonized quickly and i transfered them to a grow chamber and covered them with a wood based compost. heres where im a little fuzzy. i let the mycelium colonize the compost about 2/3 of the way. then i started giving it light. i am on day 8 of light now and have mushrooms starting to grow around the edges of one of the boxes.
my questions are
1. is it good to use a wood based compost ( i bought it at the local smoke shop) and can the mushrooms push up thru it, or do they just grow off the surface...

2. the compost on top was all colonized and bright white fuzzy after about 3 days of light. now the middle of the compost isnt as white and fuzzy as it was but the edges where the mushrooms are starting are still white and fuzzy. Did I wait too long to give it light and the middle has started to die, or do ya think that the mushrooms will be able to grow in the middle as well? just somethin i was wondering.

3. and finally, is the yellow water under the mycelium normal?

any tips or ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. looks like if finally suceeded..................

#66 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:56 PM

You must be pretty happy to finally see your first mushrooms...Welcome to Topia...
Cube mycelium can indeed colonize a wood substrate but there just isn't enough nutrients to produce fruits by itself ...
The spawn in the tray is driving whatever fruiting you do get...
Manure based composts provide the ness nitrogen and other elements for maximum production...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!