9 replies to this topic

#1 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:19 AM

"We want one class of persons to have a liberal education and we want another class of persons, a very much larger class of necessity, to forgo the privilege of a liberal education and fit themselves to perform specific difficult manual tasks." - Woodrow Wilson, from an address to the New York City High School Teachers Association. Jan, 9th 1909

Submitted for your edification:

YQiW_l848t8

L4_KjUiqg0Q

exGYyV7yMpY

_xgYQM5S7as

30fxRwkBbHc
  • raveneye likes this

#2 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

thanks august,

"i think i believe" i'll sip this rich broth slowly.

#3 raveneye

raveneye

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

This is possibly the best info available on the net.
It should be mandatory for every person to watch this. Gatto is a genius.
They have this on the Peace Revolution website as a MP3 downloads. They also have some great commentary with a round table discuss on each segment.
Thank you August!

#4 raveneye

raveneye

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:40 PM

Let me just second that. This is a must!!!!
If you have any fibers left in your spine you need to watch this especially if you have kids.
If not then go back to sleep.

#5 dfar

dfar

scared shitless

• Free Member
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

cool

#6 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

This is possibly the best info available on the net.
It should be mandatory for every person to watch this. Gatto is a genius.
They have this on the Peace Revolution website as a MP3 downloads. They also have some great commentary with a round table discuss on each segment.
Thank you August!

Word.
Grove is doing some great work at www.peacerevolution.org and http://www.tragedyandhope.com/
As you said, Gatto is for real.
This here, blew my mind. Supporting the cause with DVD in hand.

#7 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,822 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

I just finished watching. Lots of new information for processing.
Funny, I've wondered about just such a pursuit but did not know how to go about making it happen. I skipped college and have largely regretted that "mistake" until the past few years. Yet, somehow, I have managed to become the captain of my own destiny in that I no longer 'work for the man'. I like the idea of a "free-form" education and have inadvertently embarked on just such a course of study. It is further fascinating that once I became my own boss, I find that I have an enormous surplus of free time and the will to use it properly as well as making an adequate living.

The wholesale extermination of inspired thinking replaced by carefully structured obedience training.
Is it any wonder that our society is largely depressed - that we lack true imaginative thinking - that our world has come to reflect the contrived universe produced by mass media?

Baffling how these thoughts have been expressed in so many other threads regarding social unrest. Even my own thread in the twilight zone reflects anguish caused by the realization of the principals so eloquently expressed by Gatto in this series.
Will certainly follow the links provided and see how to bring these ideas to light.

I gathered hope from the discussion about how the IT or "tech" industry rocked the boat on this little paradigm of thought. It appears as though the "Illuminati" did not expect the common serf such as you and I to be able to readily access and exchange information rapidly.
With that in mind - we as a society - need to jealously guard the Internet to prevent regulation which could impede access to information or the types of information available for public access. This electronic forum has been the window to my personal enlightenment - without which, I would still be mired in the hypnotized state of complacency induced by an educational system which did not teach me to think or research but rather to memorize pre-approved packets of propaganda.

Thanks August for bringing this to our attention
Furthermore, thanks for handing it to me on a platter

Now for some reading.....Johann Gottlieb Fichte
I already have Plato's "Republic" ~ Baruch Spinoza will be interesting.....
So much to read and I'm getting such a late start in life.
  • Mycol likes this

#8 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

Bump. Because it's valuable...and so are you.

#9 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:54 PM

Eight years? Damn this needs a bump and some refreshed links, apparently. RIP John Taylor Gatto. I don't consider a lot of "heroes" but in his way, he's about as close I've come.

This is about five hours long. There does exist a version wherein a round table follows each of the five episodes with more in-depth study of Gatto (who I believe had recently suffered a minor stroke prior to this filming) and Grove's discussion. In all, totaling about 13 hours. What? I farmed for a long time. Farming is made for listening.

Richard (the interviewer) has moved on from his excellent (and still available) forensic history podcast, The Peace Revolution. But he's still doing work and has fairly recently shifted his attention to the Grand Theft World podcast.

Hope someone gets some value from this. It seems more important and less understood as time moves forward.

• TVCasualty and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#10 Mycol

Mycol

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 266 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 07:24 AM

I just finished watching. Lots of new information for processing.

The wholesale extermination of inspired thinking replaced by carefully structured obedience training.
Is it any wonder that our society is largely depressed - that we lack true imaginative thinking - that our world has come to reflect the contrived universe produced by mass media?

Baffling how these thoughts have been expressed in so many other threads regarding social unrest. Even my own thread in the twilight zone reflects anguish caused by the realization of the principals so eloquently expressed by Gatto in this series.
Will certainly follow the links provided and see how to bring these ideas to light.

I gathered hope from the discussion about how the IT or "tech" industry rocked the boat on this little paradigm of thought. It appears as though the "Illuminati" did not expect the common serf such as you and I to be able to readily access and exchange information rapidly.
With that in mind - we as a society - need to jealously guard the Internet to prevent regulation which could impede access to information or the types of information available for public access. This electronic forum has been the window to my personal enlightenment - without which, I would still be mired in the hypnotized state of complacency induced by an educational system which did not teach me to think or research but rather to memorize pre-approved packets of propaganda.

Thanks August for bringing this to our attention
Furthermore, thanks for handing it to me on a platter

Now for some reading.....Johann Gottlieb Fichte
I already have Plato's "Republic" ~ Baruch Spinoza will be interesting.....
So much to read and I'm getting such a late start in life.

We do need to jealously and zealously guard those actions . We need to guard those things we don’t agree with and the ability of others to say things we don’t agree with .
  • August West and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!