16 replies to this topic

#1 Pi314

Pi314

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi guys, I migrated from the shroomery...well for obvious reasons :D

I was wondering who here experiments with low doeses for occasional recreation (e.g. lemon-teking .5-1g, perhaps a shorter duration of 1.5g without lemon). If so how recreational is it and what effects are pronounced? How would you describe it? Is it like anything else in effects?
  • Erkee likes this

#2 anne halonium

anne halonium

Trolls'R'us

• Banned Member
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

depends on the strain.........

#3 SilvrHairDevil

SilvrHairDevil

Gatekeeper

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,838 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

1.5 grams of lemon-soaked GT can easily put me on the couch with New Age music on, watching the music turn into geometric colors behind my eyelids.

#4 plantman21

plantman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

I tend to go for .8 to .5 and head for a park. I like to low dose in public because I have a hard time talking when dosed on any amount. I kinda loose motor skills of my mouth and just stay quiet. Low dose lets me creep up on animals and be one with nature. If too high of a dose I just laugh to much to let animals get comfortable with me. Even when I low dose it's hard not to laugh sometimes. I just can't believe how close you can get to White Tail deer, it's like they know your in no condition to even try causeing harm to them.

Plantman
  • Tom19 likes this

#5 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,949 posts

Donator

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:51 PM

I low dose (.5ish) for concerts, days at the beach, fireworks displays, the occasional an IMAX nature based movie (be careful with this one) or any other venture where I may run into other members of our species. I'm with plantman in that talking is very difficult.

I found low doses nice for meditation in a dark room with a specific incense and maybe some tribal chants really thereputic as well.
  • Arathu, Saphroziac, morganik and 1 other like this

#6 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

WELCOME TO MYCOTOPIA!!!

for 1 week straight every morning I would take 1 FRESH mushie that would weigh 5grams, so that's about .5 dry.

By no means was I tripping at all.. didn't see anything, didn't hear anything. The only thing was I just felt GREAT.
As if I just took a "happy cap" every morning lol. My mind was super clear, nothing could possible make my angry or
even close to getting on my "nerves" lol

I love eating mushrooms and going out :-D Im the kinda guy that gets SUPER talkative and energetic from mushrooms :-D
By no means does it lock me to a couch, just cant do that lol.

:-D Pretty excited to par take again soon, its been many moons.

As for the Lemon, its my favorite.. I make it a habit to be drinking FRESH lemon'aid' lol
I usually take 2 full lemons squeeze and mix them with 4cups of water in a 1qt mason jar :-D
The water i use I make sure is VERY VERY clean, usually Ill use rain water that I fun through a
filter, best start with a higher pH then lower, since the outcome you want is a high pH.
I prefer my water to be at least 8-9 pH (im weird I know.. but I like to be very clean when I
eat my little friends :-D makes for such a better experience belly bubbles wise lol)

Cheers my friend.

Edited by Il19z8rn4li1, 01 February 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#7 MykL

MykL

Novice Shaman

• Expired Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

Ive tried the low dose lemon tek a few times. Id use 1oz lemon juice, 4oz orange juice, and a cup of water...mixed with anywhere from .5 gram to 1.5 grams minced cambos(depending on how froggy i was feeling). It would be perfect for a day at the zoo, or go to a movie, or even just chill around the house. I think its a fun and safe way for a beginer to ease into it, and it also works for the hardcore goomber with larger doses and everything inbetween. 2 thumbs up for lemon tek @ any dosage.

#8 Aquavibe

Aquavibe

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

When my shrooms are done, I plan to dry them out, grind them up in the coffee grinder and put them into pill capsules.

I've been doing that for a couple years with cannabis. I had some respiratory problems a couple years back that made smoking weed bad - I would get really short of breath and it was like torture. I switched to a vaporizer, which was great, but my lungs still weren't digging it. So I started grinding the weed and cooking it at 220f for 10 minutes for decarboxilation - you can't just eat raw pot, it doesn't work. I mix it with green tea or ground coffee beans to cut it and get the right potency and I stuff it into pills. 2-3 pills through out the day and into the night and I'm feeling great. And I can breathe! I will never ever part ways with my cannabis!

I want to do the same thing with the mushrooms - make pills out of them. I have a scale and plenty of green tea and empty pills. What I really want to do at first is start with maybe a quarter gram and then work my way up to the point where I feel it without it being detectable to others. I'll pack my mp3 player with some of these Hemi-Sync files that I downloaded and spend the night on the downstairs sofa while the family sleeps. I have all these recordings that are 30-60 minutes of ambient sounds and trippy voyage type stuff that I'm sure will be great with the psychedelic feeling pulsing through me.

Edited by Aquavibe, 17 December 2012 - 11:46 PM.

• Tom19 likes this

#9 Aquavibe

Aquavibe

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Sorry, I'm talking about low doses and pill making... and this thread is about lemon teking, which I have never heard of before. :special:
  • Tom19 likes this

#10 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,467 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Sorry, I'm talking about low doses and pill making... and this thread is about lemon teking, which I have never heard of before. :special:

Grind your mushrooms and soak them in a minimum amount of lemon or lime juice for 20 minutes or so, then add hot water, something sweet, and a tea bag. For many people, using lemon juice does away with stomach upset and other body load associated with eating mushrooms.
  • Xerces and Saphroziac like this

#11 psilosylum

psilosylum

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I've actually tried low-dosing this week. Started with 1-2g with lemon-tek to sweet tea, felt a little body load and minimal visuals for 2-3 days in a row. Felt less and less each day, until yesterday I washed down 20g fresh with a couple shots of lemon juice in some water to make some lemonade but only felt a little body load. Nothing special. I notice that more than 2-3 consecutive days I feel little to no effect (not even just feeling good/energetic). Is there a special way to enjoy the effects of low-dosing without building up a "tolerance" so to speak?

#12 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Is there a special way to enjoy the effects of low-dosing without building up a "tolerance" so to speak?

Tolerance is the correct term, fear not.

As to the question- short answer... no.

#13 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 608 posts

Donator

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

I've done low doses for recreation. A couple fingerfulls of Blue Honey, a small Golden Teacher dry swallowed. Then I will just go about my day as usual. The experience would be brighter colors, elevated sense of humor, more easily able to converse with friends, more patient, enjoy the moment more, filled with appreciation and compassion. The only downside is sometimes I take too much and I am sitting there trying to keep my shit together in front of people while being all self conscious, sweat, awkwardness delusions, inflated insecurities, as what typically will float by sometimes in a psychedelic experiment. All of my experiences with low dose, recreational uses have been quite pleasurable. :) <3 :meditate:

• morganik and Lakegal7 like this

#14 morganik

morganik

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

I've actually tried low-dosing this week. Started with 1-2g with lemon-tek to sweet tea, felt a little body load and minimal visuals for 2-3 days in a row. Felt less and less each day, until yesterday I washed down 20g fresh with a couple shots of lemon juice in some water to make some lemonade but only felt a little body load. Nothing special. I notice that more than 2-3 consecutive days I feel little to no effect (not even just feeling good/energetic). Is there a special way to enjoy the effects of low-dosing without building up a "tolerance" so to speak?

James Fadiman, the author of The Psychedelic Exporers Guide recommends every three days for microdosing.

#15 Sanman512

Sanman512

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

Hello everyone, I've always super dried my shrooms then put into capsules, but i'm unfamiliar with the Lemon-tek. I do like to on occasion just take only one or two caps and that allows me to function very well without drawing notice. I like what I'm reading about this tek but does the lemon really make the difference?

• Lakegal7 likes this

#16 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,511 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

Without trying to oversimplify a rather complex question, or questions, look at this.....

https://www.erowid.o...synthesis-2.pdf

The lemon juice would be the acid in the beginning, your body would be doing the rest, sort of.

• sedaeng likes this

#17 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,322 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

Yes use the lemon
  • TVCasualty and Juthro like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!