161 replies to this topic

#41 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,115 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Warrior posted some great historical stuff related to the Celts and the use of a. muscaria, I am going to also grab at some ancient European folklore called the Nine Herbs Charm. There is great debate over what these nine herbs are and since I am not an expert linguist, I can't translate the old writings for myself, I think I'm just going to plug together my own mix of it, I'm writing it all down actually. Especially since many of these plants were brought here to the new world by direct decedents of those "folk" that penned (and likely used) the old charms. At the end of the day if I wind up with an herbal tool kit of medicine plant allies I really don't care if it is historically correct. :teeth: I agree...I don't think it was accident either...it was driven by need.

#42 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I agree drivin by need :)
I think it would work better if it was special ones for you :)
maybe these 9 were like a first aid kit Natives also carry these herbal pouches as a first aid kit

I do have other books on herbal lore may be able to help you desifer maybe lol ....
I don't think it is necessary tho to use the exact ones these were probably useful to groups of people
picking herbals for individual needs would be much better
ones that you find where u live hold significance to you they are put there for you
um ... like the skunk that came into your path its like he chose to visit you as these herbs chose to visit you
it is great you do not kill your weeds with weeds being destroyed bugs are destroyed thus birds and other animals destroyed eventually we will be destroyed we need to stop killing our weeds and possibly honor them by eating them
Just remember to identify your weeds there are some lookalikes too like with mushrooms :)
I am pretty good at iding weeds if you need any help but I think you did mention a field guide to help you too

#43 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Ya I decided to leave a piece and a few nuts and raisins after a chippy took off with an areo egg
lol they were having fun with the Easter bunny too lol
Thank you feeling really good
love the pic :)

Ok this was a little funny I was working moving and cleaning things in the yard working pretty hard I took a break and was walking around checking for more things to move and I seen something that chippy left for me
It is really sweet when you find something and now it was for you
Chipy has been collecting pine cones and leaving them in certian areas kinda hiding they know I like these cones too and usualy leave them away from thiers so I no which ones I can take ( they know I do not want to take thier food )
anyway this is what they left me

https://mycotopia.ne...09&d=1334406342

Balsam Fir cone :) They know I like them lol and a peach seed hummm I planted this but I think some stones from fruit are medicinal some are also toxic something to looky up
I usually offer things in odd numbers and I noticed that this is 2 is it really for me I don't want to take what isnt meant for me its a pine cone tons under the tree now ..... then I noticed how close it was to the stone and realizing this helps spiritual meanings and I do hear not in words and my brain is trying to put it into words
The spiritual talk is what I am learning to do with these animals and plants mushrooms now I did have a few tiny pieces of this mushrooms in a glass of cold water not hot tea the night b4 and the rest of the water and mushroom pieces were givin to that spot where I left chippy stuff b4
I did know that the chippy s are trying to help me teach me the way wispier things into my ear
I was also working hard maybe chippy was watching lol and gave me a pat on the back have a snack lol

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0964.JPG

#44 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,115 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

Very nice.......I'll get a couple of shots in a little bit of a very similar thing............. :teeth: And indeed....if I wish to hear or listen to the spirit, it's not in words that messages come.

#45 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

I noticed when I read what I typed some of it is confusing I was going to edit it but I don't think I need to
the words your brain tries to find when you are listing to the spirits its weird and there is more of a feeling a knowing
put it this way I knew this was left for me as a gift from the chippys I just know that they want me to further my work with the spirit helpers :)
Arathu

Cannot wait to hear your story :)
  • DawgPhish76 likes this

#46 flickedbic

flickedbic

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ha was just reading about the 9 medicines and thinking how if we all shared the medicine growing in our backyards with those who can use it; everyone would have the right medicine for them freely... and then I come to the squirrels gifts!

On a plate of leaves...

Rewarding your work, thanking you for sharing your medicine by sharing in turn; a bribe? :) I may have read of peach pit being used in traditional chinese medicine as an immortality (longevity) herb.

Blessings.

#47 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Oh that's nice of him trying to give me immortality spiritual help :)
There have been a few really sick people in my life lately and trying to help them the best that I can
but I have been surrounded by death and people knowing they have a death sentence

The oak leaves I was thinking about them too

I did have some more tea last night but the mushroom I used was very pale yellow and I kept thinking that is too close to white in color for me but I did manage to drink 1 1/2 cups of tea made from a whole cap the rest 1/2 cup was placed in the garden and I did have a half of another mushroom in tea today this one very yellow in color and has a chippy bite mark out of it :) thought this is one that I should have had one and a half cups of tea with that one and placed in the garden
I also only used half of the mushroom because I should give the chippy back his piece

Last night with the pale yellow mushroom I was too paranoid about it being too close to white I know I am 100% with the identification of this being a safe mushroom to eat but I couldn't calm the anxiety of it being a deadly mushroom that i was drinking tea of
I have had depression for as long as I can remember it may be more of a hormonal issue as I can see a monthly pattern to my depression and a yearly pattern as well maybe even a vitamin mineral imbalance
Last night I wasnt feeling depressed not even b4 drinking the tea I am in an ok mood but the whole feeling of not wanting to finish this tea I don't want to die feeling :) and still drinking the tea cause I am 100% know it is safe yet this feeling I don't want to die It is a good feeling for those with depression I have had suicidal thoughts b4 and have tried and failed but last night with all the paranoia and anxiety of me not wanting to die was a good feeling
I planted the peach pit I don't want immortality but it shure is a nice feeling :)
We need to eat our weeds and share them around
this is garden weeding time for me I am going to see what weeds are in what yards compare the medicinal uses of these with the needs of the people who live there I believe the weeds that are in our yards for a reason

I believe the weeds we step on could be the nutrition we are looking for we maybe even covering them up with the wrappers of the garbage we eat and they still grow strong we pull them up they come back we try to poison them we in turn get poisoned so why don't we get a field guide identify our weeds eat them or give them to someone with that nutritional imbalance .... time to put the kettle on and have some tea :)

#48 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Looked up the spiritual meaning of oak :) I think it is fitting
Strength / Longevity / Confidence and magnifies opportunities.
You are in the right place at the right time ( thought this part was funny )
feel secure / protected
Vitality / productivity
nourishes relationships
Healing / enrichment

#49 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,115 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Cool stuff......here check this out. This is where I make my offerings to the local land spirits that I know are taking care of my garden amongst other things. I always offer part of what I pick from the garden or forests back to the spirit. I have learned that the biggest fruit, the largest tomato, the biggest and best bunch of grapes, is THE one to give back as offering. If you look in the photograph just under the right side horn on the ground idol of the horned god you can see two grapes from last year......I didn't put those there. I made offering of the largest bunch along with mushrooms, bread, grains, and ale, at the fire in the center of my stone circle........the critters...probably the chipmunks but it may have been something else made the offering at the small altar. I immediately followed suit with with a ceremony and the rest of the leavings from the wine making and the harvest. Under the stones I put silver.......... The land spirits like it when we put their precious metals back where they come from.................. :teeth:

Attached Thumbnails

• PIC_0780.JPG

#50 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

That's very cool :)
I am a big believer that you need to leave part of the veggie garden there
kinda like what you are doing :) leaving it
If something needed to eat it it is there :)
Some of the biggest mushrooms I seen they looked so perfect I left them there to reproduce and or something else to eat them they said they had to stay I listened and still collected many
I cannot wait to see the first mushrooms pop up here I am out looking but I think it is still too early and too cold

#51 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

Chipy has been collecting pine cones and leaving them in certian areas kinda hiding they know I like these cones

I collect pine cones, I actually carry around 3 in my pocket at all time. I have 3 different types that I keep in a little pouch with an orb of Citrine. My family always jokes with me when they see me by saying "peace, love, and pine cones" LOL

But I use Amanita muscaria var. persicina as a pain killer, anti-anxiety medicine, sleep aid, and energy booster. I have realized it has a number of medicinal uses. Specimens start showing themselves in the early spring and usually keep fruiting till November. Some patches fruit almost all year, some patches fruit only in the spring, some only in the fall.

I do not heat them when drying, I just fan dry them. I have never noticed any bad reaction from taking them. If I remember correctly Amanita muscaria var. persicina has been shown to be its own species, separate from the other muscaria variations, I think it will be called Amanita persicina someday.

I hope this thread keeps going, its nice to see others using this misunderstood fungi correctly, although I should add that if your new to Amanita mushrooms I would not suggest them unless used with the help of someone who knows what they're doing.

Edited by EstimatedProphet, 03 June 2012 - 04:12 PM.

• Xerces likes this

#52 Shamsu

Shamsu

Forever Searching

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

I dont have time to do a real report on my A. muscaria encounters, but would like to ask a question.

During my most intense encounter I was put in a very pleasant but strange state. laphing and crying alternatly, and repeatedly for several min to an hr(time lost all meaning, but everyone sat and watched me go through these states repeatedly for quite some time. And then I felt like I had become more conciouse. I went to sit behind a 15-20 piece drum set while talking to a friend, and he handed me a set of headphones and said I should try to play along with the music. I said sure but i havent played drums before. So he left me in the room with the music and the drums. in hindsight he may have been trying to distract me so that i would be so annoying to the rest of the non-trippers at his house.

As soon as I had a beat coming thru the headphones i stated to pund out a beat. I did this for about an hr and didnt really think much about it. after working up a sweat, i stopped the music and came out of the room to rejoin the group.

I was greated with astonishment.

" I thought you said you didnt know how to play the drums" friends roommate said
"I dont know how to play" i replied
"you could of fooled us" he said in return " you were playing better than the guy that owns the drum set!"
"What? no way, that wanst that good, I was just playing along with a beat. i have never really even tried to play and that didnt sound too good to me, i hope I wasnt too loud." I said
"Not at all man, we were all stunned to hear you playing like that after seeing you wacked out a few minuets before, you could barly stay seated, and you were lapging and crying in the same breath."

the conversation went on and they convinced me that i needed to come back when I was sober to play with them. but alass, when I tried to play sober i couldnt! And havnt been able to since. But when i trip the talent comes back to me.

Anyone else have this happen with them. maybe the mushrooms knew haw to play and just played through me.

#53 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Anyone else have this happen with them. maybe the mushrooms knew haw to play and just played through me.

I think the mushrooms allowed you to be you, they broke down any barriers that might have gotten in your way and allowed you to just play. I have heard of this happening many times.

I think playing drums is very tribal, it activates something in us from our past when people got together to share the spoils of the hunt, speak about what is going on in the community, just be together, and drums were a major part of these community gatherings.
People idolize musicians and all this does is push a lie into their minds which is "I could never be like that" instead of trying to be like another find out what works for you when jamming. Sound is amazing.

I love to play hand drums and strange percussion instruments, its where I really shine.

#54 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I have had Squirrel as a friend lately I wanted to share a treat with them I bought a big bag of peanuts and was tossing them in the yard here and there
I was being called into the woods but I didnt dare go up by myself the last time I was up there was with my oldest boy and we seen trees down and I took the time to teach my kid we dont go around this without others with us like dad ....
So hubby had time to take me while kids were busy we went around the trail to check out the trees from the other side we will be able to help clean this up with a small team only 2 trees down cherry and a popular anyway ... we went further down the trail and checked it out nothing else is down further down the trail we found many flowers mushrooms and seeds and berrys starting to form it was a great walk I tossed more peanuts to my friends here and there ...
And we seen our first Amanita of the season me and Hubby are so excited someone gave me a friendly reminder of this thread so I though I would show off our first friend of the season lol I knew they were calling me this is a very special mushroom ;) I think I fond this one last year I will look up a name .....

https://mycotopia.ne...00&d=1341092931

https://mycotopia.ne...01&d=1341092932
some of these are blurry sory but I thought it was so cute sticking out of the ground :) peeking

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8409.JPG
  • IMG_8404.JPG

#55 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

I think it maybe different I was thinking Amanita fulva from this thread
https://mycotopia.ne...nita-brown.html
last year but the base volva is diferent I do think it could be Vaginatae section I see faint lines around the edge of the cap
https://mycotopia.ne...02&d=1341094210

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_8430.JPG
  • IMG_8415.JPG
  • IMG_8421.JPG

#56 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Amanita praecox
  • wildedibles likes this

#57 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

This one looks more like a match thank you .... this is a mushroom there is little info on it so I will not be eating this one for an experiment I will try and take a closer look at it tho I have taken one home and left one int he woods If I go back out there I will take note of the trees it is growing with close by ...
Thank you
warriorsoul

#58 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Here is some info on Amanita praecox

http://www.amanitace...Amanita praecox

#59 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,461 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

I mean for info on edibility thank you tho :)

#60 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:43 PM

I mean for info on edibility thank you tho :)

Yeah I would just stick with what you know when it comes to Amanitas, you don't want to make a mistake with these but I am sure you know that. :dead:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!