169 replies to this topic

#61 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yes but this is the part that has me interested edible or not and I am not trying it first neither is anyone I know ..... When I am researching these I keep them safe away from people and pets I love learning about these and all mushrooms :)

#62 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Since it's in the subsection pantherina you can be reasonably assured its not deadly. Although you may be in for a hell of a ride.

#63 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Well I am happy to know it isnt deadly
Amanitas have much to teach me .... hearing the story's of grandmas friends child and parents with mushroom phobias because of this I have a respect for these and other possibly deadly ones I still look at them and take pictures trying to help others clearly identify my finds .... lol I am even turning my mother around she had a huge mushroom phobia she is looking for me and taking pictures very curious but she would probably never eat a wild find.... my Dad lol he cannot see the reasoning around sacrificing good fire wood to grow mushrooms why r you gona eat them no thank yo I do not want any lol ... I just learned my Uncle eats mushrooms all the time on the farm but you have to know which ones I am learning more about my family too with mushrooms it is kinda funny all the story's about mushrooms ... I have been able to fill in the blanks a few times too thanks to some great people here ty :)

#64 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

It's funny......I was just checking in on the condition of my dried caps and asked them........I then had the urge to come to the thread and here you all are chatting away............ :teeth: I'm getting really strong vibes to continue the polypore search and "conversations" (need not use words to converse but I'm sure you all know that). My a. muscaria are giving strong vibes of wintertime............ I have a harvest working that I'm preparing which includes my friends. Funny how we are misunderstood by most people, they say "mushrooms, oh those will kill you" as they drive around in their cars................cool. When I was out reishi hunting I think I found some of those little amanitas too......let me see if I got any pix.........no it was too dark and they blurred too bad. Damn!

I looked but I didn't find any spring a. muscaria at all.........hmmmmmm................. I love a good mystery.......... :meditate:

#65 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

mine it was kinda dark too only got the blurry picture from it
I think these mushrooms give off big vibes I was being called into the woods I couldnt wait and was buggin to go lol was too busy with a ton of stuff but made time to check the peaceful woods out and found many things :)

#66 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Amanita flavoconia not a muscaria
Amanita section Validae
Amanita flavoconia I hope Arathu dosnt mind I don't think he will :) Thanks in advance Arathu :)
( We both have a fondness for hunting this family :)

https://mycotopia.ne...flavoconia.html

The story is pretty funny anyway when we first got there ( me and hubby went with a friend this time ) I told our friend will look around at them all first ( there were a ton of these )
I want to teach our friend to leave some mushrooms in the woods so we looked around at them all first to see which ones we really want to take home we realized we left the doob at home oops oh well .... I got separated from the guys looking around taking pictures I was getting really close to some of them moving them around to look under them without breaking the mushroom I went to a lower spot and circled back.
I usually leave something when I take something from the woods usually tobacco hair etc... This time I needed to pee I wouldn't tell you this detail but I think it can be important to fertilize the things in the woods with urine and with Aminitas urine defiantly is significant well since we had a friend with us I wanted to further myself away from our friend ... I asked the Aminatias the other day when I found them ( I had to pee then too so I asked them where ) they answered it was too late to fertilize the mushrooms since they were fruiting already and we were taking these ones home ( I heard them in my head say the blueberries need it more than we do ) I realized that if I fertilize the blue berries they in turn will fertilize the mushrooms too when the uneaten berries fall tot the ground
So I wasnt surprised when they told me to water the blueberries again so I was off to find a blueberry bush well away from our friend in my little walk I couldnt help but feel like I was in the Alice in wonderland movie sounds silly but the setting was similar trails bunches of trees everything looks similar but different at the same time I looked too long to take a pee about 20 mins but I couldnt find the perfect spot I think this in only a girl thing lol anyway ...
I almost run into this spider web I felt like I should go one way around it but I went the other way instead I stepped around the spider web and I heard a squeak as a chipmunk was startled scared me he was hiding in the blueberry bush LOL Chipmunks are an important animal for me at the moment so I knew I was going in the right direction but I kept going I didnt want chippy to bite my but lol
I kept going into the woods a little more being guided or pulled to the right I went around the corner and seen some important moss I was looking for to collect I realized this is what I was looking for and seen some blueberry bushes too
so I did my business and realized this moss wasnt ready to pick but I know where to look for it now so I was happy :)
On my way back I was looking for the guys I seen a few very beautiful mushrooms but didnt pick any just took pictures
I found the guys at the spot where we started out me and hubby had a mushroom each from the other day so we decided to only pick one more each the ones we picked were already dried in the sun with no brown spots on the top and no flys under them :)
The guys found one the plumb baby one that was missing its stem ( someone could have accidentally kicked it off ) our friend had a fondness for this one so I told him me and my hubby had two each he was to pick one more out he didnt like the ones that we were near so he walked a little further and found the other plump baby one that I had just seen it was like he was drawn that way to find that other one that looked like his first one there were only 2 like this one that I seen and he was drawn to them I let him know that this was very important as these little ones call to you to chose the one that was meant for you just as they drew me to the moss and to the blueberry patch ( blueberry leaves are important medicine for my eyes ) So I made sure later in my walk that I would eat some blueberry leaves :) I found some without flowers or berries as they are better tasting leaves b4 they get flowers or berries they tasted like sour apples :)
I have a feeling the Aminitas call me into the woods to find them and let me know what I am allowed to take and not take either for study or to eat :)
When I was spending time in wounder land just after spending close time with these mushrooms taking pictures I felt really light headed standing up too quick with little food in my belly dizzy feeling when I would first stand up that feeling only lasted a min but it was the same feeling when I found the Brown Aminita last year both were really hot days and you could tell the Aminatias were drying in the heat of the sun ( I think I remember that one of the chemicals in Aminitas evaporates to form another chemical when it drys?) The brown one last year you could tell by the staining brown on the stem and base that something was evaporating being really close I could be breathing this in
The funny thing is that the first day finding these we smoked a dube so I can see why they were taking to me but this time we left the dube at home and they were still talking to me I am sensitive to the environment all the time anyway so I do not mind listing to the plants and mushrooms it is a feeling they give you that is hard to explain :) Take this one not that one etc...
Just as I have a feeling to dry these b4 I cook them and If I do become brave enough to try them I will wait to the time when it is right to try them
When I was looking for info on this group yesterday I found out my Brown Aminita from last year is in the same group as these was kind of weird but I understand with the feelings they belong to the same group too
I think I was meant to meet with these sober this time cause when we picked out our mushrooms and started digging them up we found the dube :) hehe :rasta:

#67 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Cool story wilde and of course I do not mind, thanks for adding........I'm not seeing much in the way of heavy fruiting of mushrooms right now, no amanitas at all right now, although the polypores are rocking but mycelium is a completely different story. I'll be walking along and smell it, I've even asked people that were with me if they "smell that" and they just look at me........yep...I'm a strange one! I think there is much more to discover (or better stated re-member) about our connections to the ecosystems in which we belong. I was looking at the old oaks yesterday and found huge mycelial growths all around them plus that knotweed valley I found really smells like mushrooms. What a trip! :teeth:

#68 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

I've even asked people that were with me if they "smell that" and they just look at me........yep...I'm a strange one!

I do the same thing, and get the same response from people :lol:

#69 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

I could smell fungi smell yesterday while out but didnt want to climb threw to see what it was the brush was really thick I didnt have the time for it i guess

#70 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Here is an update for you Arathu I tried my Amanita flavoconia with last nights supper this is not an Amanita muscaria but I know you want to hear how it was anyway :)

It was just a meal for me I wanted to try it out I was the only one who ate this mushroom
I cooked up the first one I found this year you can see it in the first 2nd and 4th right side picture on this thread https://mycotopia.ne...flavoconia.html

I cooked up some onions, yellow and red peppers, store bought brown button mushrooms, 1 Amanita flavoconia cap not the stem, nice steak :), snow peas ( from the garden ), Swiss chard ( from the garden ), Mallow seeds ( from the garden ), oregano thyme and a little bit of sage from the garden.
I cooked it long enough and the mushroom was fully dried already.
My first bite I was a little scared it was hard to find the tiny mushroom in my plate but I found a piece to eat and it was really yummy it mixed well with all these flavors I decided to look for the other pieces I wasnt scared with the other pieces yum yum :) covered in the meat sauce it added a lot of flavor mixed very well.

When I found these mushrooms in the woods both times I was feeling umm lets just say even finding them was an aphrodisiac well eating them I got the same feelings :) this is a great thing for me cause usually I do not feel this frisky
I was in the mood and the feelings of being touched after eating this mushroom felt very tingly more intense feelings it was really good :)

After supper I did feel a little gas but I also ate ice cream earlier and ice cream is bad for me like this same feelings I get with ice cream so I knew not to blame this little one for it at all I will try again with the other ones I found and I am 99% positive I will not have this gas next time :) as long as I say no to the ice cream LOL

I didnt fall asleep like with the muscaria but when I did I did dream cant remember them but I know I was dreaming woke up refreshed and in a good mood no diarrhea I didnt have any fears after eating this mushroom just the first bite was a little scary to put in my mouth but the flavor made up for it

I did leave a piece for chippy outside with some peanuts too chippy has been a big helper for me and I would like to give him a treat for helping me :) I am going to check to see if he took it I know the peanuts will be gone lol

I will try this one again in a few days or week when the timing feels right again :)

There is not much info on the web for eating this mushroom there is a bit but not much so I wanted to share this with you all here :)

#71 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

These mushrooms seem to hold or have a very ancient call. They are majestic, mysterious, frightening, and teachers to those willing to learn on THEIR playing field. I will be fascinated with them for the rest of my time on the rock. I notice that they are listed as "Highly poisonous" It makes you wonder.

There is a very nice cluster of pines right along the edge of my yard and I'd love nothing more than to see the reds and yellows dancing together. I think this fall I'm going to try and find some red amanita muscaria too. I'm hoping the locals come again too, maybe bringing some sporulating reds home and introducing them to the pines might give them a home as well..who knows.

Thanks for the report wilde, very interesting............... frisky eh? :teeth: Kewl!

#72 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Ya it is really cool I think they can be great medicine for me :)
I think all our food should be medicinal quality in a nutritious way food should be healing to our bodys not just keeping us alive for a while
I do dreams of days of eating what we find hunter gather type food nourishes our body's and soul :) gathering food in the wild always has me in a relaxed and peaceful state of mind while going to town to go shopping has me all anxious and busy tired sore in the woods it is different I have fun looking for things and I think if we had to go back to wild hunting for food going deeper into the woods we would find enough food to keep us nourished maybe even full at times I know it would keep us buzy it would be full time work finding food and items needed to survive
I shared a few hazelnuts with my friend the chippy after finding a new spot these were growing in we scared the squirl up the tree and he looked at me I asked him if he wanted a big fatty his eyes lit up like it was a dube lol I showed him the nut and left it of to the side of the trail he watched us as we walked away :) I am sure he had that hidden away somewhere to dry out :)
I think there is a lot we do not know about this group of mushrooms many are listed as poisonous because of a few of them being deadly who really wants to try them out if they have no experience with them I had a great experience with this mushroom it was really good and the Amanita Muscaria I had in the late summer early fall really helped me threw a few hard things too a little was definatly a helper with depression issues thats why I really wanted to try these ones I found just finding them on the hunt was really cool feelings with this mushroom different than other mushrooms but I have also total respect for this family of mushrooms and do not jump into them just trying to get high it is more medicine than drug.
and when they call me into the woods is the thing that is hard to explain yesterday I was helping friends when I was done I was so upset and hurting just feeling like crap I really wanted to go outside for a walk as soon as I was in the woods my mood was sooo much better I knew It would help me feel better half way threw our walk I found the first mushroom It was another Yellow Amanita I smiled they always get me excited when I see these even finding them and looking at them is medicine in a way the peaceful woods the birds singing the wind gently blowing how it is much cooler in the dense woods all healing :)

Edited by wildedibles, 18 July 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#73 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

There is a very nice cluster of pines right along the edge of my yard and I'd love nothing more than to see the reds and yellows dancing together. I think this fall I'm going to try and find some red amanita muscaria too. I'm hoping the locals come again too, maybe bringing some sporulating reds home and introducing them to the pines might give them a home as well..who knows.

The bright red form does not occur in the eastern half of the U.S.
  • Erkee likes this

#74 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,955 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

The bright red form does not occur in the eastern half of the U.S.

OK....ROAD TRIP! :teeth:

#75 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

:) I following you around Arathu :)
I was meaning to put another post in here the other day when I was in my fav Amanita spot I was looking for some but couldnt find any but I noticed I was humming while I was looking for them hum....

I do not make humming noises in the bush ever! it was weird then I was walking with hubby and he asked me why am I singing I had no idea I was even singing it was like it was instinct or something didnt even know I was doing it

Then I thought the music coming from me was like a lullaby music that you would sing to a baby that made me think a little

in the fall like next month I find lots of Amanita in the area so they would be baby Mycellia now I was singing a calming lullaby to the Mycillium

I thought this is really weird I never sing never and I didnt even know I was doing it

I know the hum was 3 humming sounds one high one low one high don't know what notes I was singing
and when I was singing there really was no words I can remember it wasnt like I was singing my fav radio tune it was foreign to me but I had no problem remembering it when I was in full singing
now I have no idea what I was singing

Amanita Muscaria has musical background in ceremony dosnt it ?

#76 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Help found 42 total now well sorry collected 42
found at least x3 to that we didnt want to take them all home that would be rude and I wasnt aloud to take all the babies they told me not to so I left a lot there to make more babies for next years hunting
So I have plenty medicine for me and hubby this winter :)
I am going to dry them up nice the big ones I got I decided to cut them up so they dry better ( after spore printing )
and the babies usually I leave the caps whole to dry
We found a simular looking one more red orange color cant find out what it is yet :) looky them up I guess and work on some pictures to share :)
The others I found are different they have a definite red spot in the center and are more orange and the bulb is round almost, not tapering like the others they are also smaller and found in the soft wood evergreens mixed with beach and another popular species of tree there is also some spruce and a few pine too
plants that are around bunch berry false lilly of the valley
yellow stem yellow bulb and yellow skirt ring and yellow gills
The others were in ferns near beach trees with some of the other trees mixed in the bigger ones more of a sunny spot than the smaller ones found in the soft wood bush less light
Help I am over whelmed in Amanitas :)
  • Erkee likes this

#77 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Free Member
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

:) I following you around Arathu :)
I was meaning to put another post in here the other day when I was in my fav Amanita spot I was looking for some but couldnt find any but I noticed I was humming while I was looking for them hum....

I do not make humming noises in the bush ever! it was weird then I was walking with hubby and he asked me why am I singing I had no idea I was even singing it was like it was instinct or something didnt even know I was doing it

Then I thought the music coming from me was like a lullaby music that you would sing to a baby that made me think a little

in the fall like next month I find lots of Amanita in the area so they would be baby Mycellia now I was singing a calming lullaby to the Mycillium

I thought this is really weird I never sing never and I didnt even know I was doing it

I know the hum was 3 humming sounds one high one low one high don't know what notes I was singing
and when I was singing there really was no words I can remember it wasnt like I was singing my fav radio tune it was foreign to me but I had no problem remembering it when I was in full singing
now I have no idea what I was singing

Amanita Muscaria has musical background in ceremony dosnt it ?

Interesting your pattern for song. I sing like this for salvia before smoking. It came naturally and has transformed the trips. I give out three calls : high, low, medium-high. Some times I repeat them or change it up a bit but that is the basic format. There is a lot to be said for threes.

Amanitas are legal here for trade among other wondrous things and I finally acquired some. I am very curious what effects it will have. I have never tried this source but it seems to have a good reputation plus it is very local. I shall attempt to pay attention to any effects I experience , provided the amanita are 'quality' and can provide said effects. It'll be interesting also how my personal chemistry will react to amanita...

I was planning on doing a repeat of last week's 7 gram cubensis trip but as this package just arrived I'll be venturing into amanita. I'll start small but do not have a set number of grams in mind. Will follow up with a report. I also got some blue lotus for tea making which should help handling higher doses of amanita should I choose to kick it up a notch in the following months.

#78 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Very cool :) I think I started with a 1/3 of a cap and worked up from there I think I have tried 1 full cap but not any higher than this....
Mine are drying I found lots I went back today to see the ones we left and I found new ones in a different spot but I only collected one more to take a nice spore print I will not collect anymore I promised them I would feel greedy if I did I think I have 40 some now I do not need anymore for me or hubby and we will share with willing friends have some tea of something :) They are 2 different kinds too I will be back I am trying to organize the rest of my story :) I will add some pictures too Arathu wants to see some nice pictures :)

#79 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ok I collected two different ones
Amanita flavoconia.
A. muscaria var. guessowii.
warriorsoul Helped me with the identification on this thread

https://mycotopia.ne...-guessowii.html

and this is my A. flavoconia thread :)
https://mycotopia.ne...flavoconia.html

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2166.JPG
  • IMG_2188.JPG
  • IMG_2191.JPG
  • IMG_2193.JPG
  • IMG_2196.JPG
  • IMG_2197.JPG

#80 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

Ok a few more pictures I do have another hunt story or 2 to add :) but my brain is on more hunting :) so when i get organized with all this hunting I have been doing I will fill you in on the story ... Its like a high hunting these I havent collected any more but I have seen some beautys and I wish I could take them all home with me but I cannot I need to leave some in the woods for other people to see their beauty too :)

IMG_2295.JPG
These 3 pictures belong to the yellow cap in the post above this ...

These ones yesterday were fully open and me with a dead battery in the camra oops
IMG_1916.JPG

This was another loner up a little bit right on the trail for everyone to see :)
IMG_1934.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2297.JPG
  • IMG_2287.JPG
  • IMG_1939.JPG
  • IMG_1908.JPG
  • IMG_1926.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!