169 replies to this topic

#81 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,553 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

About these songs......I was sitting in my circle and dosed a cap of amanita and 3g of B+.........and as things came on I got really loaded down and fell into trance on the ground. I'm not sure how long I was not there in the body but I was "awakened" with an amazing song just blasting in my ears and really through the whole being. It was a "woman's" voice singing a name over and over and then lines in between that I'm still trying to sort out. I can "hear" them but really they aren't words. I remember her name very well, as matter of fact I cannot forget about it (not that I want to) "ASKADONIA..........I am four faces and you know me............ grandson"

:meditate:

The joy cannot be expressed yet........Thanks for sharing wilde...I love this!
  • Xerces likes this

#82 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

That is interesting I didnt hear words in my songs either :)
I went and sat with a new group today I seen them fully open yesterday as I had a completly dead camra battery so I went back today to take pictures of the group I will share later
I sat with them and smoked some weed while I found them all i think and took their pictures
This group was A. muscaria var. guessowii.
I checked their stems and took pictures to make sure which kind they are
I did not collect any today I just sat and soaked up their beauty :)
now... ASKADONIA.... :)
DONI is another word for mother a mother that would stand and watch over....
Ask a Doni A. :)
I sat in the other circles yesterday to pray but put it this way I didnt know what to pray for a loss for words
and a reality check on I really do not know what I want do I sat in the circle respecting it and treating it as a very special experience
I was alone today doing the same thing yesterday I was with my dog she hunts beoltes with me but she wants to step on the Amanitas anyway told doggy to go and play and she did I havent really been alone in along long time so I cherished this time with the Amanitas and my doggy :)

#83 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Free Member
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

I had a feeling like I should eat a whole cap. I put one on the scale and it was nearly 5 grams. I searched for the smallest cap : 1.6 grams. I ate it up. Tasted a bit like soggy potato chip with some spices. About fifteen minutes in I felt a warmth in my stomach. At half an hour in I went to lay down to better monitor the effects. Some heat kept forming in my tummy but eventually subsided. I went to washroom and back down to bed. Eventually I saw some bits of vision try to come forth. I could tell it was not the typical hypnagogia. I said 'hello' in my mind. In that instance my heart began to race and I felt heat between my lungs and a 'touch' to my mind. The amanita had said hello back. I thought to myself how it is nice that we said hello. Visions did not progress and went away so I had got up after about three hours from consumption and went about whatever it is I do.

Next time I will probably eat one of the large caps. My experience with all plant teachers has been that it is pretty hard for me to figure out dosing and become receptive to the experience. After I become well acquainted though the doses become fairly standard and experiences marvellous. It's that introductory period that is strange for me. I won't be injesting anything else along with the amanitas until I have a ride with just them. Until next week :)

Thanks for the pics, Wildedibles ;)

I tend to do a quick or extensive search on any names I come across tripping or dreaming. From what I seen so far it could be Aska Donia - an arabic woman's name if it is split into two. Even if the names I come across in heavily altered states are not carried by any live people that we know of I find the related searches can produce some interesting information we may have never come across otherwise.
  • wildedibles likes this

#84 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Ok here is a new little group I found I went back to sit with them and have a dube I think I can really tell the difference between the 2 types now Its all in the lines on the stem and the bulb :)

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG
for more pictures look at my Amanita threads I think i posted them up there somewhere :)

B4 I found any this year I was singing and huming to them didnt know I was even doing it
we went out a little bit after that checking to see if any popped up yet and we found a few it was like hunting easter eggs my dog was helping us find Boletes and she wanted to step on the Amanitas trying to tell us they were no good hummm I think this is because as they dry the one chemical is evaporated I think it is this is the chemical that can make us sick throw up if we try and eat these fresh so she was telling us as they are they will make us sick
anyway we convinced her to leave the Amanitas alone
we keept walking and hunting for more I decided to look under the ferns once in a while to see at the dogs level since she was having good luck finding them :)
I was humming here and there too and all of a suden I droped to my knees to have a look under the ferns to see a huge Amanita 1 foot tall by one foot wide wow this was the biggest most beautiful Amanita muscaria var. guessowii. I have ever seen
My hubby was coming closer with the dog I told him to hold her tight so she dosnt try and squish this MOMA he did but gave me this look so I showed him how big it was so he had to peak under the ferns holding the dog tight lol
He was as amazed as I was
We didnt pick this moma I felt like we would be disrespecting her and I knew she could make some pretty big babies :) so we kept her where she was
All of a sudden I realized I was helping her sing to the babies to help them pop up out of the ground calling to them it is nice and warm the sun is shining it is time for you to shine too
me and hubby collected a big open one beside her as there were other big ones getting ready to open up that we would leave alone we collected some babies as these would be less likley to have bugs
I also got told in a voice in my head " dont take all our babies" so i listened well to this and left many many babies there
we still collected very very many and still left a ton in the woods
I have never seen them this plenty full but b4 we were not crawling under the ferns to find them either ( like a dog lol )
I found this day hunting was a lot of fun like kids in a candy store
every time I seen one I took some pictures but I also asked if it wanted to be taken home with me respecting the mushroom if I had a voice in my head that said no I listened and hubby was doing the same thing
..... more later :)
IMG_9212.JPG Here she is hiding in the ferns

IMG_9224.JPG And the massive top to her :) It would have filled a dinner plate thats for sure probably over the edge
It was the most beautiful mushroom we have ever seen
When I took my kids for a walk I am really glad we kept her there as the kids could see her still living strong they were amazed a mushroom could get that big :)
The day we were collecting we left the moma some tobacco to link the spiritual sides together in a way kinda leaving a path to link and help eachother very beautiful and peacefull day :)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2562.JPG
  • IMG_2524.JPG
  • IMG_2527.JPG
  • IMG_2531.JPG
  • IMG_2536.JPG
  • IMG_2550.JPG

#85 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

One thing I forgot Arathu when I collected the last one I left a gift all different in each direction
I have seen some people leave tobacco in each direction I left a gift in each direction they were different gifts
tobacco was one
weed was another
another mushroom that didnt want to stay in the basket for some reason falling out in this spot lol
and humm fertilizer in another direction lol
so the 4 is special
the music with Amanitas is also very special :)
I think they were trying to tell you is ask a mother Amanita :)
seeing this massive mommy and helping her sing was so beautiful very cool experience :)
In a friends yard they have had Amanitas pop up I seen the Boletus pop up already I thought I seen an Amanita I took a closer look there was nothing there then i seen the Boletus there :) there were some nice ones I dried and left the big ones to spore more
This guy usually rakes up all the mushrooms and tree debri and I have been collecting the mushrooms b4 he rakes it all up and trows it away told him me and hubby have been studdying mushrooms and he let us keep them
Yesterday I seen a few baby Amanitas pop up :)
I took pictures today I promiced no more but oh well here we go :)

IMG_2642.JPG

This is one of my fav spots in the woods nice to stop for a bit :)
IMG_2065.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2647.JPG

Edited by wildedibles, 27 August 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#86 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,553 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Very nice additions wilde! As always :kewl:......thank you so much. I'm working on formatting some of my researches connecting mushrooms with the dwarves. At this point much of it is intuitive, which came first, then a passage from the Norse Mythology and particularly the Younger Edda of Snorri Sturluson (The Prose Edda).

I have not seen any a. muscaria coming up around here yet. I'm hoping they return to the edge of my yard again this year but even if they do not I suspect it will not take very long to find them. There are huge stands of pines around here.

#87 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

I'm working on formatting some of my researches connecting mushrooms with the dwarves.

I am looking forward to reading what you know about this, it sounds very interesting to me.

Have you tried any of the other Amanita species that contain the sacred goodies that are not muscaria types, such as Amanita gemmata or Amanita velatipes?

https://mycotopia.ne...51&d=1346790906

Attached Thumbnails

• Ruebezahl_(Moritz_von_Schwind).jpg

#88 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,553 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

I share these views here after a request to do so. (for you wilde and anyone else interested) They are not intended to be anything more than sharing my own subjective views of things as I currently see them. Reasearch notes actually. I suspect that ancient knowledge of many different types was hidden and encoded in mythological and folkish tales in an effort by our ancestors to preserve them for folks that might make connections between what is written down in what seem to be silly and outrageous fairy tales and experiences in real life.

Why would they do that? A good motivation might be, being mowed over by complete cultural and religious ideaologies and changes, and a need to preserve important knowledge for future generations. I believe these sources contain hidden information related to ancient spritual practices and I believe that mushrooms played a key role in those practices. In any case read and studied with an open mind I believe it is not far fetched to make connections between the two. However subjective the interpretations I have gleaned many an insight from these works and use them ritually, symbolocially, and daily to help me to explain to myself what I percieve. They may or may not mean anything to you at all...which is also very cool. I could also be completely delusional and just like getting stoned on mushrooms, but in my practices, the intent is definitely much more than getting high and playing video games............ :teeth: Anyone that has taken a nice dose of a. muscaria knows too well that this ain't smoking weed or eating cubes.

There is no question in my mind that a. muscaria has captured the attention of human beings likely since the dawn of time. It is also quite likely that many of the other mushrooms also did. Psilocybin mushrooms and many other plants, as many of us know, can connect one with different worlds even if they are internal (doesn't make them any less real than your other perceptions of "reality") and might be symbolically called a gateway. Some of the names given to dwarves as shown below might be seen to describe the effects of ingestion of these fungi including death. Maybe, encoded in these names, is a record of some of the trial and error efforts that must surely have been done as the ancients explored their mycological world around them. How many of the fungi have we cataloged to date. It's still going on actually.

These bullet points come from a book on Germanic Heathenry "Elves, Wights, and Trolls" - Gundarsson ans seem to capture some interesting general characteristics.

• The dwarves usually appear to be old, with long gray beards; they are short and gnarled, but powerful. Often they wear red caps, which make them invisible to human folk; (a. muscaria can definitely be found with a red cap)

• Like trolls, dwarves dwell in mountains and stones, which are often the doorways to the Otherworld. (take a healthy dose of a. muscaria, or psilocybin and see)

• Dwarves are not usually warrior-like, and can be forced to work by threats - but they hold grudges very well, and always get their revenge. (Eat too much of a dose or the wrong shrooms)

• Again like trolls, dwarves are turned to rock by the light of the sun; Thonar gets rid of his daughter’s dwarfish suitor Alvíss by distracting him with questions until daylight strikes him, a theme otherwise typical of troll-tales both in Norse poetry (cf. Helgakviða Hjörvarðssonar) and Icelandic folk-tales. (mushrooms turn to rock in the sun)

• They can, however, fare above ground by daylight in the form of stags; the four stags that chew at the World-Tree’s bark all have dwarf-names, and may indeed be North, East, South, and West in their daylight shapes (mycelium eats trees)

• Above all, however, dwarves are the greatest of smiths. They made all the great treasures of the god/esses, and many things for human folk. (mushrooms make dirt, that's what they do)

• The dwarves are also the keepers of all the wealth within the earth, and do not necessarily appreciate humans taking that wealth out: most mining communities have legends of ill-willing wights who cut ropes and weaken shorings. Those who work with metals and stones, as well as hailing the dwarves for crafts, would do well to give them gifts for this sake. (climb a rotted rope or hold up the roof of a mine with mycelium infested wood)

• The relationship of dwarves with dreams and delusion has led today to the understanding that their land, Swart-Alf Home, is mirrored in the human soul by the subconscious, the realm of shadows where thoughts are forged into being. (eat 5gs of dry p.ovoideocystideata and dig the subconscious, dreams, the world within, are you ready to meet yourself?)

• Dwarves tend to live in communities under ground and stay hidden from humans (yeah...anybody else hunt for mushrooms here?)

The authors points above do not, however, allude to any connections between the mythological Dwarves and mushrooms, they are what I am seeing and pointing out as characteristics, that Gundarsson and others have extracted from extensive linguistic studies (translations and etymology) of ancient sources of lore. I can't help but say "man, that sounds like a mushroom to me".

So I'm thinking what comes to my mind and memory when I think about: Mushrooms

Word association:
mushrooms, fungi, yeast, mold, death, rot, dirt, soil, parasite, symbiosis, magic, religious rites, poisoning, underground, darkness, moisture, eat leaves, wood, stones, mushrooms eat everything and make new dirt (much additional research needed here) but this seems a very plausible and even intuitive connection. The description of some Dwarves and mushrooms seem to share many parallels.

Here in Old Norse are passages from the Prose Edda (approximate 1320 CE)

Ok þessi segir hon nöfn þeira dverganna:
Nýi, Niði,
Norðri, Suðri,
Austri, Vestri,
Alþjófr, Dvalinn,
Nár, Náinn,
Nípingr, Dáinn,
Bífurr, Báfurr,
Bömburr, Nóri,
Óri, Ónarr,
Óinn, Mjöðvitnir.

Viggr ok Gandalfr,
Vindalfr, Þorinn,
Fíli, Kíli,
Fundinn, Váli,
Þrór, Þróinn,
Þekkr, Litr ok Vitr,
Nýr, Nýráðr,
Rekkr, Ráðsviðr.
En þessir eru ok dvergar ok búa í steinum, en inir fyrri í moldu:

Translator: Rasmus B. Anderson

And these, says the Vala, are the names of the dwarfs:
Nye, Nide,
Nordre, Sudre,
Austre, Vestre,
Althjof, Dvalin,
Na, Nain,
Niping, Dain,
Bifur, Bafur,
Bombor, Nore,
Ore, Onar,
Oin, Mjodvitner,
Vig, Gandalf,
Vindalf, Thorin,
File, Kile,
Fundin, Vale,
Thro, Throin,
Thek, Lit, Vit,
Ny, Nyrad,
Rek, Radsvid.

But the following are also dwarfs and dwell in the rocks, while the above-named dwell in the mould:

(NOTE: this is only a partial list and like not anything like what was trasmitted inter-human and inter-tribe...remember they weren't distracted by TV or this here Internet. the ancient seemed to like big long lists of names, interesting)

Where mould here is likely meaning earth there is also a linguistic and very strong literal connection between earth, dirt, soil, death, rot, fungus, molds, mushrooms, and etc.

from Old Norse mygla- mygla, að, [mugga], to grow muggy or musty; en er minnþakit tók at mygla, Landn. 34; myglat brauð, Stj. 367; myglaðr ostr, myglað hey, and the like.
mygla, u, f. [Swed. mögel], mustiness, Stj. 567 (of blight in a crop), freq. in mod. usage.
myglugr, adj. musty, Stj. 357.
mygla v
1. to grow mouldy or musty (þat brauð er nú myglat)
Zoega's Old Icelandic dictionary.

mold dat. moldu f
1. mould, earth (hlóðu síðan at grjóti ok jósu at moldu) ;
2. earth, the ground ; fyrir m ofan, above earth, alive ; fyrir m neðan, beneath the earth, underground ; hníga til moldar, to die
Zoega's Old Icelandic dictionary

Here are translations/meanings of some of the names given to dwarves:
Austri=east;
Vestri=west;
Sudri=south;
Nordri=north;
Nar=corpse;
Nainn=corpse;
Nipingr=darkening?;
Dainn=dead;
Bifurr=shield ornament?;
Bombur=large?;
Nari=puny;
Bafurr=bean;
Ai=father of the tribe;
Mjothvitner=meadwolf;
Vigg=horse?;
Gandalf=wizard elf;
Vindelf=wind elf;
Thrainn=threatening;
Thekkr=welcomed (also a name of Odin);
Thorin=strong;
Thror=thriving (also a name of Odin, an elf, a sword, and a boar);
Vitr=wise;
Lit=beauty;
Nyr=new;
Regin=mighty;
Ratsvid=wise-counsel;
Fili=file;
Kili=wedge smith;
Fundinn=found;
Nali=dead;
Heptifili=file haft;
Hannar=skilled;
Frar=quick;
Hornbori=hornblower;
Fraegr=famous;
Loni=The Shining;
Jari=conflict;
Eikenskjoldi=oakenshild;
Iaruvalla=sandy realms;
Draupnir=Dropper? (The name of one of Odin’s rings);
Dolgthrasir=troll storming:
Har=high;
Haugspori=howeraven;
Gloinn=glowing?;
Dori=iron peg?;
Andvari=vigilant;
Virfir=rod;
Alf=elf;
Fjallar=?;
Frosti=frost.

From this set of associations I have ateempted to extract appropriate offerings, behaviors, and names when attempting "communication" as in hunting for and interacting with including consuming various mushrooms. I will find the note in the lore that say the dwarves don't particularly care for IRON knives.......copper however seems quite acceptable and offering of silver seem to be quite effective.......but I'mprobably just some supersticious savage in white mans clothes................ yet I don't think so................ :meditate:

#89 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:41 PM

... I remember well nice sound sleep feeling great the next day and remembering my dreams better than I normally would

I believe that these mushrooms somehow link the dream and waking worlds. I can remember a experience that was a bit like that where I dosed late at night forgetting I had something I had to do the next day and went to bed during the experience. I had vivid fairly tale like dreams that seemed like they were real. In the morning I could remember the dream as if they were something that actually happened to me.

I also have had multiple experiences where I went into a state where I was conscious, but with the delusion that I was, in fact, dreaming.

#90 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

Very interesting Arathu, thank you for sharing that.

Have you seen this movie? If not I highly recommend it, it deals mainly with Amanita muscaria and how it might have shaped some of the major religions, check it out buddy I think it will be right up your alley.

http://www.gnosticme...ic-inquisition/

#91 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,553 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Excellent link Prophet.....thank you, The above that I posted is obviously from the Germanic view, it is also known that much lore is to be had from the eastern folks, Slavic, Indian, and of course the Orient........there is much ancient knowledge and wisdom to be recovered and I think it will play a much more open and important role in the near future.......really...here we are discussing using the sacred tools right now.

If there are any Topiates from the the Slavic nations....please feel free to jump in here and add to this. (As a side note I would absolutely, for my own traditional reasons, love to get my hands on p. serbica and p. bohemica prints as these may very well have been used by my ancient ancestors) A ceremony recognizing the ancestors would be extremely powerful IMHO partaking of the same sacraments. Excellent discussion!

#92 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,553 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Having watched that in it's entirety, and having derived almost exacting conclusions independently, is at once boggling and extremely stimulating! Sleep will be interesting as will many of the following doses! :teeth:

#93 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Very interesting Arathu :)
I do know for reasons we kept things hidden, I have been a Witch in many lives know this too well we kept some very important info in rymes and riddles so the knowledge would still be here today and not lost....
uncovering these can be difficult but not impossible with imagination

Also another thing to note b4 tv and being pluged into everything we sat around fires telling storys teaching the children the kids would rather listen and learn from a story then they would just telling them what to do ....
Storys are fun way to learn if they wernt books would be a thing of the past....

I want to look more into this it is a great starting point Arathu see what I can dig up today I have a old fairy tail book here from the old world here somewhere .... my step sister was really into fairys and teaching the kids about them at first I thought she was crazy but the more I listened to her the more sense it made if you have imagination :)

shade-of-deep-purple
what you said makes perfect sense .... the first times I smoked weed I was in a dream land while I was awake I knew then there was more to this stuff
I used to meditate b4 I ever did any drug I spent my high school life meditating and doing self hypnosis I met other wordly friends and seen parts of my past lives that I needed to get to know but everything seems like it went on a stand still but it didnt really I cannot meditate like I used to but with the use of medicinal weed for my pain I began to see the waking mind in a different way with more doors open I would say :) sometimes it can be difficult with all the doors open but I learn way more this way :)

The last time I triped on magic shrooms it was a good dose for me I was being pulled into the woods and it was looking very stormy so we decided to go for only a little walk just cause we were half way there anyway
I looked at the trees in the spot I would never go when it was stormy too many dead trees to fall down and I seen something, something I was really looking for ...
I seen the branches and the needles and leaves at the ends of the branches moving in a figuer 8 pattern they were not waving around like we were ready for a big storm they were moving in relationship to one another in a figuer 8 it was really weird ( I was asking questions about energies and there it was the flow of energies )
We took a small trail back home where the kids use alot cause it is a small trail that leads out of the woods really quickly it was like a spot for childern or fairy folk dwarves etc... me and hubby had to duck alot lol
when I was back in the house I seen this figuer 8 in all the wood I have on my walls it didnt stop until I reconized what I was seeing what I needed to learn like it was being hidden but raight there for me to see with the use of mushrooms :)

I really needed to learn the flow of energies in my massage and healing practice I havent put it all together yet but I am trying

With Amanita muscaria the dreams the thoughts that go on in your dreams are the things we didnt get to deal with while we were awake all the anxietys we couldnt deal with while we were awake gives us something to dream about deal with with remembering these dreams we can mix them learn both halfves of us the concious and unconsious
I got to go for now I will be back lol :)

#94 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Here's a more in depth view into my drying method. I tear the cap from the stem with my hands. Discard the stem. Rip the cap into sections like a pie. Dry the pieces in the hot sun on sections of road where cars don't go(so they don't get run over, ... don't ask how I know), cement, or a shed roof. I have flipped the pieces over occasionally during the drying process, though from experience I don't think it's essential. You could probably do them on one side for have the time you plan on drying them(for me 2 days works best) to make sure that the whole thing gets heat/rays of the sun.

#95 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

The other day hunting mushrooms it was very interesting I still see these in full bloom throughout the woods :)
The one I was playing with was Amanita flavoconia found with the balsam trees with a few popular species mixed in a darker part of the woods but where the sun pokes threw you will see the yellow orange and red tones of this mushroom throughout the dark forest it is so beautiful :) calmes me down a hole lot slows life it is definatly a now moment :)

anyway I was taking lots of pictures and getting close to my new friends listing to them watching closley to see any secrets the will let out I put one pointy finger on the top it had just rained and the "patches" pieces of the veil on the top of the cap were sliding around under my finger of a perfect fully mature beautiful cap :)

I thought the Beoltus are slimy now and I find they help dry hands I thought maybe this would be nice too for the skin and the evaporating something or another is great for me and hubby "frisky lol "

so I put a dab of this stuff on a sensitive spot on my body get your head outs the gutter it was my wrist I noticed a peice of the veil was on my wrist too I decided to balance it out some and put the rest on the other wrist and this didnt contain veil reminants it was just mushroom slime

well the interesting thing is I felt an energy flow humm..... interesting just on the veil side It was a feeling i get with stinging nettle but it didnt sting felt energy like nerve impulse just slightly as it dried when it was dry i didnt feel this anymore
I think the veil material may have some thing to do with electricity maybe a conductor

the one year I had this touch lamp you know you touch it it goes on from your fingers etc.. skin contact
well some mushrooms will work to turn on the lamp too some other materials will turn them on too but not everything will
I also think that the veil material it whispy or poky at times because of thunderstorms current pulling on these fibers

I think thunderstorms have a lot more to do with mushrooms or plants then we might think
even trees waving in the wind will be moving the ground giving that tiny bit of room for mushrooms to thrive in :)

#96 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I was reading more about Amanita Muscaria and components of this mushroom and was reading something neat
"Amanita muscaria and related species are known as effective bioaccumulators of vanadium; some species concentrate vanadium to levels of up to 400 times those typically found in plants"
I was reading about vanadium too this metal can be used to store energies in batteries and it can also be used medicinally to help with sugar metabolism in small quantities as too much can cause health problems like neurological problems and liver problems
There was also a link to nitrogen fixation
"A vanadium nitrogenase is used by some nitrogen-fixing
micro-organisms"
The role this plays in some mushrooms is not totally understood but I think this might be a link to the thunderstorm stuff and maybe something to do with how Amanitas help trees
I have noticed everywhere I find Amanitas I find grass or mosses more mosses in the woods maybe mosses help Amanitas and the trees too like a lichen relationship or something

getting lost in wikipedia today start with one thing keep looking at separate words this is what I mean by loopy lol
http://en.wikipedia....manita_muscaria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanadium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amavadin

#97 warriorsoul

warriorsoul

Retired Moderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,802 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Probably another good reason to do the tea, since most forms of vanadium aren't very soluble in water.

#98 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Most metals are harmful at high doses and medicinal at low micro levels some are just toxic so be careful
I would agree the tea is nicer for many reasons..
I did notice where these mushrooms were growing near a highway with lots of traffic and new rock brought from a mine etc polluted newly built highway sun baked with very few if any trees for protection

the colors were off they were sunbleached older mushrooms but it seemed like all the yellow coloring of these mushrooms were washed away and the sunbaked color of the cap was a metallic cream color almost like copper but lighter shiny maybe these would have higher amounts of minerals I think other minerals can concentrate themselves in mushrooms too
If I can find a picture of them I will post it I am sure they were Amanita Muscaria there were parts of the cap that had bright yellow still and had other yellow ones beside them but might be a different mushroom ...

#99 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Free Member
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Interesting about the dwarves. I read some of the myths/tales/poems translated from the olde language after I found out Tolkien borrowed a lot of the names for LotR from myths.
If dwarves were inspired by mushrooms (and it seems they very well could have been) I gotta wonder how the looong gap in their use came about. Perhaps the Romans or was it before their efforts to disband druids? lots of research to do. Cycles ...

#100 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

Here are a couple of weird mushrooms they look like the yellow slid right off the cap exposing a metal colors they were very metallic
This is a yellow one you can see the yellow but it looks like it washed away in the rain it maybe a different mushroom but I am not sure
IMG_5538.JPG
This is a yellow one in the same area
IMG_5529.JPG
you can see the yellow colors the rest was a cream color but with metallic hues ...
IMG_5524.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5543.JPG
  • IMG_5527.JPG
  • IMG_5533.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!