• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#101 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

I found a supplier online that offers European muscarias for $10 per 20g. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me. Thinking of ordering some, any thoughts?

#102 EstimatedProphet

EstimatedProphet

Bearer of Light

• Expired Member
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have heard that the muscaria you have to buy are not good, I would save your money, find some of your own.

#103 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Also I can get Hawaiian baby wood rose seeds for the same rate.

#104 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

I have heard that the muscaria you have to buy are not good, I would save your money, find some of your own.

Are you sure man? I mean all that's needed for conversion is for it to completely dry right, so shouldn't there be no difference?

#105 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Its all in haveing right identification for sure do you trust that suplier that much ?

and do you trust them they have dried them correctly

did they find them in s spot away from a major road

all questions you do not know

If you collect them your self you know all the what ifs and it is easier to identify fresh

#106 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

A. muscaria var guessowii
Eastern US
20+ year old Hemlock and Spruce stand well away from the road
As you can see there is a patch of Ivy that covers the ground under these trees and the mushrooms are growing in the same location as last year.
Immediately I notice clusters forming so I'm hoping that this fruiting is even more prolific than last years (they were quite abundant last year probably 35 to 40 fruits in this location)
This is almost exactly the same time for fruiting as last year. I have been watching for them and singing songs to them. I have been extremely careful in where I step as I approach this area and here they are. So for now the LBM's and the Boletes pop first but if you look carefully you can see the mycelium at the surface mixing with the pine needles and dirt. Casing indeed!

PIC_8040.JPG

The first of this years babies emerging from ground. There is a lot of pure white mycelium here, and wait until you see what has started to come up at the other end of the pine stand. (Assuming they are what I think they are, it's too early yet to tell) It is going to be a VERY interesting winter this year, in many more ways than folks expect or understand. I stand in awe and humble thanks!

I already got the vibes that many of these are for me.........symbiosis for the old Heathen. :hugs:

As far as buying a. muscaria from anyone I can only say personally that I will not do it, but with that being said I find a much deeper connection to them. To me the entire process from locating them to trying to discover which ones, if any, to harvest, to the drying and preparations and then ingesting them is all a connected end extended process. This is of course a very personal subjective interpretation and relationship that I am exploring. I share it here for reference and communication only not to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do. If you feel first that you can trust buying them and that there is value in it for you I don't see why not. I would call them if you can and have a discussion with them in regards to these sacred mushrooms. See what their attitudes and relationships are to them. The last thing on earth, aside from the deadly ones, that I want to commune with would be some pissed off members of the a. muscaria tribes. But if they are in line with what you are looking for, I don't see why not. :meditate:

a

Attached Thumbnails

• PIC_8025.JPG
  • PIC_8026.JPG
  • PIC_8029.JPG
  • PIC_8031.JPG
  • PIC_8033.JPG
  • PIC_8036.JPG

Edited by Arathu, 29 September 2012 - 03:48 PM.

• Erkee likes this

#107 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

On second thought I think I'll stick to my own mostly. Was considering it for the sake of trying the red/European variety, but I seen plenty of the yellow ones around lately. One thing that also made me consider it, was that I was already planning on buying the Hawaiian baby woodrose from the company, "Herbal Nation", through amazon.

#108 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:16 PM

If it is something calling to you and you are getting something else too it might be meant to be :)
Some times with cheap deals thats what you get and I just dont want to see anyone hurt thats all
with the red cap they should be ok to identify

Arathu I am glad they have come back to see you the singing to them is so sweet like a fairy tail :)

#109 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

There are MANY babies popping up, these are updates of the first ones to clear the ivy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]287599[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]287600[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]287601[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]287602[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]287603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]287604[/ATTACH]
In the last picture if you draw a line from the lower right corner to the upper left corner, there are babies coming up out of the ground. I don't know how many will be here this year but it looks good and they LOVE this place for now.

#110 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Sweet area very cool :)

#111 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Expired Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Went to the woods today, mushrooms everywhere!

found lots of different ones (watced your step, and i really had to), a few pathec of amanitas...here's the biggest one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]287742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]287743[/ATTACH]

i picked two pieces from another patch...
i'll try their trip....not sure when though..

PS: the one on the left was lower in the right...knocked down by another visitor (and damn the amount of trash we found!! couldn't carry it all...)

Edited by ernestro, 03 October 2012 - 05:58 PM.
PS

#112 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

The trash always breaks my heart........beautiful family of mushrooms! :teeth:

#113 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

There are MANY babies popping up, these are updates of the first ones to clear the ivy.

PIC_8117.JPG

PIC_8135.JPG
In the last picture if you draw a line from the lower right corner to the upper left corner, there are babies coming up out of the ground. I don't know how many will be here this year but it looks good and they LOVE this place for now.

Attached Thumbnails

• PIC_8089.JPG
  • PIC_8099.JPG
  • PIC_8107.JPG
  • PIC_8109.JPG

• wildedibles likes this

#114 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Sweet area very cool :)

#115 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Expired Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

Went to the woods today, mushrooms everywhere!

found lots of different ones (watced your step, and i really had to), a few pathec of amanitas...here's the biggest one:

IMG_0132.JPG

i picked two pieces from another patch...
i'll try their trip....not sure when though..

PS: the one on the left was lower in the right...knocked down by another visitor (and damn the amount of trash we found!! couldn't carry it all...)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_amanita.jpg

Edited by ernestro, 03 October 2012 - 05:58 PM.
PS

#116 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,631 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

The trash always breaks my heart........beautiful family of mushrooms! :teeth:

#117 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Thoes are really beautiful :)

#118 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Expired Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

yeah, i was astounded when i saw them! they were right in the middle of a green, mossy walking path ... the biggest are the size of a plate.

and i really don't understand the two-faced folks...how can you love nature and go in the woods for walks and so, and in the same time leave your plastic shit behind?
and then i myself have to sometimes face a judgemental look from a more casual kind of wood walkers....and i know that manytimes, they think i'm the one leaving crap behind, just of the way i look (and i'm far from extreme)..., when in reality, i tend to pick it up....
karmadeddon bitches, get it on!

#119 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I see garbage everywhere in provinces where you can take cans and bottles back for a refund are the cleanest places as people live off collecting this garbage and clean up the place :)

#120 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,032 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

I get so upset, even to find a cigarette butt on our disc golf course. I would love to grab the person who did that and ask them how many butts they saw on the ground before they tossed theirs. By and large, most disc golfers are great about not chucking garbage here. The courses in city parks are another thing altogether. You would expect better for someone on a nature trail.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!