#142 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

:) I just found something super interesting I had to share
see I was looking threw the lists of Amanitas of varring sites way too much info but always interesting to read ;)

Ok in North America the red one is this name Amanita muscaria var. flavivolvata
http://www.mushroome...a_muscaria.html

"Whatever it looks like to you, you'll probably agree that it is gorgeous. Our North American variety (or "subspecies," if you prefer) is distinguished by the fact that its universal veil and warts are yellow at first, though they quickly fade to white when exposed to sunlight--and by microscopic features.."

Sunlight is very important to these mushrooms I find if they get too much they become sun bleached too little they are very dark even with the yellows i find

rain washes away colors too

I find these grow in shady areas but they get partial shade from the leaves on the trees or from their ferns blue berries trees .... hummm the partnership is a total help each other thing

even us collecting to eat any mushroom the mushrooms have taken advantage of this too cause some we would throw away maybe a new spot for them to grow
and also when we carry these all about we are dropping spores all over giving them better chance for survivial for new mycillium to grow

when we observe these or any mushrooms make spore prints etc we spread spores I have many different mushrooms come up from varrius places in my yard more and more every year since I became interested in mushrooms here bringing home my finds learning their habitat can improve things in a yard that was completly striped of all its trees :( I have some growing back now and have tons of mushrooms its like a hunt in my own yard as the soil improves :)

I can never say enough that learning and thinking about mushrooms have tought me more about the plants and trees my gardens and soil I love how it all works together :)

#143 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

To me this really goes hand in hand with the thread on animals and animal thoughts/persona while tripping. I have taken those feelings and experiences into "normal" daily life. When I walk into the woods, deer hunting for just for example, I go without a flashlight. I don't need it, I can see in the dark. It's not like daytime vision it's night time vision, I can hear and determine directions better (seemingly), I use smell and instinct much more. Optical sight is reduced but vision is enhanced and this too can be carried over into the light. These exercises and skills are like any other learning that we do, the more we do it the more familiar and "normal" it becomes. If you watch an animal for a long time you will see idiosyncrasies and details, how it acts, what it does, how it behaves and interacts. Using mushrooms to distort (in a good sense) "everyday" perceptions and open pathways to others is a really good way of making attempts to communicate along these line with other consciousness. IMHO....this is my church!

These are of course my own subjective explorations, maybe I'm just imagining all this shit, but maybe "reality" is also just imagining things on a huge scale....for that matter maybe the universe is imagined.....but they seem pretty damn real to me. I share breath with the tree's, I do the same with the owls and many other things, and I open myself up to the possibility that this is real by suspending the beliefs and teaching from others that it is not real. Mushrooms are to me another ally, I can smell mycelium, I can smell and recognize specific species of mushrooms from having experience with them and a desire to remember, find, and interact with them over and over. Amanita muscaria has it's own distinct smells and taste, p. ovoideocystideata has it's own distinctive smell and taste (amongst other effects), grifola frondosa has it's own smell and taste, all of them have their own appearances, obviously their own distinct places to live, and for those that have experienced it, their own very distinct vibes, especially when ingested but just by hanging out with them. Some we obviously DON'T want to ingest.........unless of course you're looking for a one way ticket and even that does have it's own legitimacy.

Some day I will go to the PNW and get me some red ones too.......and perhaps some other prints for my collection. Actually I would not mind getting across the pond and checking out eastern Europe, you know, to explore the flora, fauna, and other trippy people just like us.........We're everywhere and it scares the shit out of many people. You just can't get rid of the essence of things no matter what you do or how well you lie even to yourself.

I just picked 13 caps................untouched by slugs or anything else and there are easily that many and thensome that will feed the slugs, drop a billion spores, and provide what we ALL need. Symbiosis is what I believe I am participating in. But I'm a goofball that WILL EAT a toadstool! :teeth:

#144 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

a goof ball that will eat a toad stool LOL I am with you on that one :)

I feel at times the special vibes fresh food has to offer like picking lettuce out of the garden and in the mouth it has vibes it is alive and it spreads threw us it is very cool

I only hunt mushrooms but I get what you are talking about and wild meat has these great vibes too :) Alive food :)
Spiritual food food that evolves and spreads its seeds b4 we eat them spining the circle :)

#145 Bailey

Bailey

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Since this thread is entitled "experiments" - Has anyone tried making "The Living Bread" with A. Muscaria? Here's linky: http://www.ambrosias...mmortality2.pdf

I have been working on this experiment. I purchased a. muscaria "shake" off the interent (BBB) and have tried to replicate using the barley cake method listed above. It seems straight-forward enough, but I haven't tried one of the cakes yet. Apparently, the active ingredient in muscaria is only accessible when the material is completely dried.

I have made some tea with some of the shake, and put some on a salad, but have only experienced a sensation best described as "overall pleasant and well-being". Nothing as intense as that described above.

If anyone has experience with The Holy Grail or The Living Bread, I'd love to learn more about it. Thanks,

#146 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I had a little conversation with my imaginary friends that I call the dwarves, (1 large cap of amanita and 3.5gs of B+, damned good combination in my experiences so far) and I asked them about medicine and how a warm blooded creature such as myself might shake off the effects of the death of winter. When I came back I remembered this:

9 grams dried reishi
3 grams dried amanita muscaria
3 grams dried turkey tails
1 gram crushed peppermint leaves
1.5 liter water

And I started making my teas in a 2 quart crock pot slow cooker. (You can pick one of those up brand new for under $10.00) The mushrooms told me NOT to use metal pots.......... :-)
Chop all ingredients as fine as you can get them and put into the crock, add water, simmer on high for about four hours, stir any floaters back down under every hour or so, cool to just warm and strain through a coffee filter. Bottle and keep in the fridge.

So I drank a 4oz cup of this about two hours ago and within ten minutes got a nice warming effect that expanded out through my body. I'm thinking the the reishi and turkey tail will help the immune system kick in and clean up what ever grungies are hanging out in me.
We'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks. If anyone is interested I'll let you know what, if anything happens.

I'm going meditate, one thing I find about low doses of amanita is really nice meditations, it becomes very easy to quiet the surface of the pool so to speak.

A

• wildedibles likes this

#147 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

I found too that they help me meditate too they help relax you and your mind .... I have big pain issues so once or twice I mixed them with poppy seeds in my warm tea hehe you can plant them after drinking the tea ;)

I found mixing the 2 it is really easy to relax I only used 1 cap and a pinch of poppy seeds it helps relax the mind especially if pain is an issue ....it defiantly eased the pain :)

The first time I tried this it was so cool I was laying in bed having some quiet time cause I felt bad so I was taking me time to relax
I was seeing everything dark the room was dark hubby was beside me I did start to see a movie in my not my head it was over my field of vision over the dark room ....

I was trying to see the movie over the dark walls focused my vision and I could see the earth get further and further away hummm interesting .....

then when the whole world was about the size of a soccer ball the box came and closed up around the whole world ;)
I didnt even know I was looking into a box, it was a cardboard box too...

I am always interested in these mushrooms and how fellow friends experience these friends too ;)

#148 Rang

Rang

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share my first experience with Amanita Muscaria. I documented this months ago.

First Amanita Muscaria Experience 10-17-12

2.10g dried (oven, then fan, then dessicant chamber)

I made tea by bringing 1.75 cups water to a simmer in a stainless steel pot on the stove. Then I poured in the ground mushrooms, which I put through my Omega Juicer. The concoction eventually came to a boil (on accident) for probably a minute or less. I stirred it up and brought down the heat. After 20 minutes brew time I poured the infusion into a mug. I then steeped some ginger root. After about 10-15 minutes I added roughly 1tbsp of local raw honey (delicious). The tea was surprisingly tasty. I am curious to find out what the Amanita Muscaria would taste like in a tea by itself. I added ginger in hopes of curbing and potential nausea. The honey was for taste as I expected it to be bitter and unsatisfactory in flavor. I have just finished drinking the tea over the course of 20-30 minutes and believe I have already begun to feel slightly sedative effects. I feel much more chilled out than I did before and my eyes are probably more droopy. I’m not sure if I can say that I’m tired, though I can say I feel more like sleeping than I did 30 minutes ago. My thoughts are still normal for the most part I don’t feel any different apart from the chillaxed feeling. Actually I probably notice some sort of physical relaxation as well. Muscles are less tense maybe. I wonder what a dab would do right now. I’m not sure if I want to do one though. I think I’m just going to ride this out and see where it goes. I don’t expect much more but who knows… some people report it taking 2 hours before fully kicking in. Right now it is 11:23 p.m. I started sipping the tea around 10:45 and finished around 11:15. Whatever is in store for me tonight, this is only the beginning.

I didn't experience any greater effects than what I had documented. Mostly just a very pleasant relaxation. It was perfect before sleep.
  • shade-of-deep-purple likes this

#149 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Free Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to share my first experience with Amanita Muscaria. I documented this months ago.

First Amanita Muscaria Experience 10-17-12

2.10g dried (oven, then fan, then dessicant chamber)

I made tea by bringing 1.75 cups water to a simmer in a stainless steel pot on the stove. Then I poured in the ground mushrooms, which I put through my Omega Juicer. The concoction eventually came to a boil (on accident) for probably a minute or less. I stirred it up and brought down the heat. After 20 minutes brew time I poured the infusion into a mug. I then steeped some ginger root. After about 10-15 minutes I added roughly 1tbsp of local raw honey (delicious). The tea was surprisingly tasty. I am curious to find out what the Amanita Muscaria would taste like in a tea by itself. I added ginger in hopes of curbing and potential nausea. The honey was for taste as I expected it to be bitter and unsatisfactory in flavor. I have just finished drinking the tea over the course of 20-30 minutes and believe I have already begun to feel slightly sedative effects. I feel much more chilled out than I did before and my eyes are probably more droopy. I’m not sure if I can say that I’m tired, though I can say I feel more like sleeping than I did 30 minutes ago. My thoughts are still normal for the most part I don’t feel any different apart from the chillaxed feeling. Actually I probably notice some sort of physical relaxation as well. Muscles are less tense maybe. I wonder what a dab would do right now. I’m not sure if I want to do one though. I think I’m just going to ride this out and see where it goes. I don’t expect much more but who knows… some people report it taking 2 hours before fully kicking in. Right now it is 11:23 p.m. I started sipping the tea around 10:45 and finished around 11:15. Whatever is in store for me tonight, this is only the beginning.

I didn't experience any greater effects than what I had documented. Mostly just a very pleasant relaxation. It was perfect before sleep.

Sounds like a pleasant first time. :hippie:

#150 Ilia

Ilia

mycophILIAc

• Expired Member
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have not had success with amanita since and have occupied every free weekend with cubensis. They have been a great influence in my life of late.

I am curious how you feel now wildedibles, any progress, experiences? Thanks :)

#151 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

I have been trying to think about my last experience with these putting it all into words ....

I havent had any in a while maybe a month or so.. but the hard part of the winter is over the sun is getting brighter and the depressive state of the dark winter is over this dark time is hard for me to get threw some winters but this winter I have had way less issues than I normally do ;)

I went outside even if it was -30 and had the courage to stand up for myself at very hard to get threw times ;) some of the hardest times so far

I ran out of the mushrooms but I got threw the hard stuff with them and I think the low dose a day has stayed in my system for a bit after taking them and the lessons I have learned from them have stuck ;)
I find Amanitas in one way like cubensis they teach u lessions by not running from them but by facing the really hard things to face
My past abuse has been really hard to face flash backs can be tourture when u are with someone u love remembering someone that u hate
but I didnt run from these flash backs anymore I faced them as they were happening my hubby reasured me and grounded me by telling me it was him and he loves me this worked to remember it was him and not the past ;)

Courage is a big thing with these mushrooms and if mixing with alcohol this becomes more so liquid courage and mushroom courage mixed together = lots of courage something that was lacking within me

My last trip with these mushrooms I mixed a cap I think with some pyote the cacti was a small one not too noticible in the trip but I learned something about my addictions I wrote it down as the thoughts were in my head but I not sure where I put it ... lol
one thing I remember about it was facing my dark side and forgiving myself and seeing this negativity in me makes it easier to forgive others negative sides too ;)

It is really hard to forgive thoes that have abused u and I dont think I am quite done with forgiving yet but its starting down that road ;)

I wouldnt say these mushrooms are addictive either I went all winter almost anyway with low doses every day sometimes having a higher dose with a whole cap and now they are gone the first week I was looking in my room for them and remembered oh I have none and that was that didnt feel the need to find more somewhere I will wait for early summer to find more

I have read lots of info on these mushrooms and havent unlocked all the secretes yet but more and more info points to how good these mushrooms are for hard winters

they help with the cold and the courage to go out in the cold thats for sure
I can believe most of the myths or history of this mushroom like Santa giving them out cause this would be a mushroom full of nutrition for hard winters way up north

These mushrooms when exposed to sunlight pick up vitamin d like most mushrooms ;) and some other chemical changes happen when this mushroom is exposed to sunlight and when it was cold i still went out to get sun on my face ;)
Sunlight in dark winters makes it easier to get threw ;)

Edited by wildedibles, 14 April 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#152 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,234 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

Bump.

I think this is an important thread, I just wish more folks who have experience with amanita would write. When I lived in upstate NY near the Adirondacks these were everywhere. Next time I'm up there visiting I will be looking to harvest a few for prints.

I think this is an important sacrament that has gotten a bad rap because its so powerful.

#153 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

I'll see your bump,, and raise you a story.

I was living in a Hostel in Hawaii, and there it's really hard to get anything through the ag check at customs, so getting pot, seeds or mushroom supplies, even though they are legal to posses, is very difficult.

I found, much to my surpirse, that amanita muscaria was legal to buy online, so I sent for some. I got this huge bag of dried caps, and some were not only beauttiful, but huge, six seven inches and weighing in at almost half an ounce.

I had to have them mailed to an address since they wouldn't let me use the address of the Hostel, but a bunch of people were looking for shrooms, so I made the connection and when I finally got them, I shared them all around with anyone who was brave enough, (about 5 people). Meanwhile to show them that they probably weren't poisonous, I was munching away on a huge cap. it took me about an hour to get the whole thing down, and then about an hour later I was not going anywhere. We sat and tripped with occasionally someone going across the street for beer. Joints mysteriously came out of backpacks and a good time was had by all. 

I find amanita to be almost no visuals, mostly body feeling heavy and spongy. Not a bad high, butt as soon as I started growing cubes, I stopped taking it and eventually gave it all away. 

I was telling people it was available, but when I checked again, the place had gotten busted and was no longer selling them. 

#154 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,234 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:36 PM

Interesting! I like the synergy possibilities of using the two together as the OP did. But wow! Eating a whole cap like that! I read somewhere that witches would mix the mudroom with fat and rub it on their forhead, presumably absorbing it through the skin.
  • wildedibles likes this

#155 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 52 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

Bump

I had some growing in my front yard last year. Beautiful. I hope they return this spring.

• wildedibles likes this

#156 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,946 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I wanted to add a few pictures of Amanita mushrooms and the roots of trees or plants that help them or they help them back???? :) Nice relationship....Amanita mushrooms grow different then poop eaters :) or wood eaters see they help trees and plants with moisture control and to bring nutrients up to eachother the tree would help the mushroom back since these mushrooms can grow in the deep dark woods and do not see much light but the trees do and Im sure they help the mushrooms with sugar etc.....

anyway they all grow better together so they do not grow well in a bag or jar by themselves they need the plants help ;) I have heard of tree farms now adding mushroom spores to tree pots to help the trees grow better ;) When I dig a tree in the woods I try and get the areas that have lots of mushrooms growing as well the tree seedlings do alot better and adjust just fine to a new enviroment ;)

gallery_121976_1444_7345.jpg

gallery_121976_1444_164826 (1).jpg

gallery_121976_1444_2872.jpg
you can see how the roots are mixed with mycellium they are helping eachother not eating eachother

Here is the natural enviroment where Amanitas grow but they will grow in citys under trees too making them a very popular mushroom :)
gallery_121976_1444_34765.jpg

#157 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,436 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

They grow in my yard too and depending on rain come up a couple of times.....spring and fall..........

A

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!