23 replies to this topic

#1 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place or not to post this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought I'd share my thoughts on what is in my opinion the most effective method to smoke DMT from a bong.
  • Fill bong with water like you normally would for herb.
  • Load the bowl 1/3 the way up or so with dried\chopped herbs. (I used parsley for this. Also no screen/gauze is needed)
  • Put your chosen dose of DMT into the bowl and slightly mingle it with the herbs. (I just slightly agitated it with the tip of a pocket knife)
  • Top up bowl with more of your chosen herb. (My bowl was overflowing at this stage)
  • Run the flame from your lighter back and forth over the herbs while sucking and holding a finger over the carb until they catch an ember then remove the flame. (The ember should continue to burn down through the blend of spices when you remove the flame and continue sucking slowly)

• Fill the bong slowly by sucking slowly and calmly, taking breaths when needed.

• When the last layer of parsley is combusted up release the carb and inhale, holding for as long as possible. (Hold all breaths even the residual smoke you get from filling the bong)
Step five onwards seemed to be the most difficult parts to figure out for me. Lots of wasted spice trying to get this method to work effectively.

Anyways, long story short. Breakthrough! I've tried this a few times and got slight visuals etc. but knew there was more. Earlier tonight I blew the hinges straight off the door of reality for what seemed like forever but was in fact eight minutes of insanity with approx. ten minutes of visuals similar to mushrooms afterwards. By the time I had actually filled the chamber I had to put down the bong which was fully loaded with smoke because I couldn't comprehend what it was and why it was in my hand.

A few notes on the side:
  • All in all, I think I held in three lung fulls of air/smoke which happened from running out of breath while filling the chamber.
  • The DMT used was extracted from 1kg whole Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark by following Whatcha's Tek with some minor tweaks. After one recrystallization using hot naphtha, I was left with approx. 6g of fluffy, ever so slightly yellowish powder.
  • I held some smoke in even when it was getting to the stage where I didn't know what was going on! Don't know if that's advisable or not but it certainly done the job.
  • I listened to this song (

[Direct Link]

) which I hadn't heard before tonight because I thought it would fit the mood. Mood lighting in the room with music. Felt it complimented the experience well.
I wrote this as I feel I could of saved a hell of a load of DMT if I had access to something like this a few months back.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Happy trails :)

PS. Is it necessary to write stuff in the 3rd person with the use of SWIM, FOAF etc? Never posted anything before like this. If so I'll edit!

Edited by ramshambles, 08 February 2012 - 11:18 PM.
Bad writing skills!

#2 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

PS. Is it necessary to write stuff in the 3rd person with the use of SWIM, FOAF etc? Never posted anything before like this. If so I'll edit!

No, its not necessary. You could be living in a place where its legal to smoke up. You could be making it all up or someone could have edited your post ect.. As long as you are not giving out personal info your good.

Glad you found a method that works well for you.:dance: You can also infuse your dmt into your herb by dissolving the dmt in rubbing alcohol (just make sure the alcohol you get is 90% or higher. I use 99% lab grade alcohol so that it takes less alcohol to dissolve more crystals.) Use as little alcohol as you can to completely dissolve your dmt. Then just put enough herb in to soak up all the dissolved dmt and alcohol. Now all you gotta do is let it dry out. I prefer crushed mullein leaf. That stuff soaks it up like a sponge and smokes good.

Once its infused and dried all you have to do is load it and hit it. At leas that is what a FOAF told me :)

#3 witchdr11

witchdr11

Shamanic Vibes

• Expired Member
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

sounds like a recipe for disaster. Can i have a hit?

#4 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

You can also infuse your dmt into your herb by dissolving the dmt in rubbing alcohol (just make sure the alcohol you get is 90% or higher. I use 99% lab grade alcohol so that it takes less alcohol to dissolve more crystals.) Use as little alcohol as you can to completely dissolve your dmt. Then just put enough herb in to soak up all the dissolved dmt and alcohol. Now all you gotta do is let it dry out. I prefer crushed mullein leaf. That stuff soaks it up like a sponge and smokes good.

Once its infused and dried all you have to do is load it and hit it. At leas that is what a FOAF told me :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm most definitely going to try this soon!

#5 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• OG VIP
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Changa..
nomnom
:hippie:

#6 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

I prefer a true oil burner hooked up to a bong not filled with water. You can re-burn the DMT down into the bowl if it has a good 45 degree angle to it so there is a lot less waste. The bigger the bong the better, it cools itself if you hit it slow enough. If it works it works but I never had good luck adding DMT to plant material and trying to go that route myself. A high for sure, just not that BAM SON break through I love so much.

#7 claykrys

claykrys

Still at it

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

Infused mullein is the only way I have been able to get a one hit breakthrough, it is one big ass hit though. I really want to try the Machine but I havent had a chance to build one yet but its defiantly on the list.

Link to the machine

https://mycotopia.ne...3484machine.jpg

#8 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Infused mullein is the only way I have been able to get a one hit breakthrough, it is one big ass hit though. I really want to try the Machine but I havent had a chance to build one yet but its defiantly on the list.

Link to the machine

https://mycotopia.net/forums/attachments/botanicals-cactus-misc-entheogens-psychedelics/67822d1195320961-dmt-pipe-83484machine.jpg

I like the sound of this infused mullein. Its definitely going on the to do list. Is it difficult to get an accurate dose?

I prefer a true oil burner hooked up to a bong not filled with water. You can re-burn the DMT down into the bowl if it has a good 45 degree angle to it so there is a lot less waste. The bigger the bong the better, it cools itself if you hit it slow enough. If it works it works but I never had good luck adding DMT to plant material and trying to go that route myself. A high for sure, just not that BAM SON break through I love so much.

Could you please post a link to an oil burner as I have no experience with this utensil and want to make sure I have the right one.I have made The Machine but couldn't get anything from it other than a nasty taste. I tried it with a fine steel wool and some more coarse steel wool to no effect. I did find out however that Bic lighters are no good. They give off this nasty black carbon residue. I think the error lies in how I'm heating the wool. Perhaps a jet torch type lighter would do the trick.Pretty handy to make though. I just took a clear wine bottle that had a recess in the bottom and tapped it with a Philips head screwdriver and a hammer to produce a neat hole. The tapping method will only work if there's a dip in the underside of the glass. Smashed two flat ones trying to gently bore a hole in them.

Edited by ramshambles, 10 February 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#9 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

dont get why just don't go down to a place that sells those special glass pipesm(methz pipe?)......they only 5-15 dollars and work great, because you can see the stuff turn to oil..............then let that oil heat up and suck down that smoke........EASY...

i mean comon,, a light bulb?hehe

#10 DelphiEx

DelphiEx

As above, so below

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Even a meth pipe isn't that great. You could end up fumbling with very hot liquid DMT by the third toke.

My first breakthrough was with a bong, so I definitely feel you on this post man. I did the sandwich method and pulled it all in 1-2 hits. Then hold your breath until you forget what holding your breath means. Ahh memories.

I've recently upgraded to a glass vapor genie, that thing is amazing(It's basically the machine).

I've also turned on to Changa. Not only is it easier to dose, but there's kind of a strange fusing of visions when the DMT mixes with plants that contain MAOI's.

My current Changa blend is caapi leaves, a touch of caapi extract, Pau D'arco, and blue lotus. I'm not blowing smoke(get it?) when I say that this changes the experience in a significant way. Almost like a smoked ayahuasca.

I've done it with parsely, marijuana, and red lotus petals. All of these plants seem to add their own spirit to the DMT and make for a unique experience. I can't explain it with science, and it could very well be my own pre-conceived notions, but what the hell. Life's crazy.

#11 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yes, uhhhh yeah i don't see how people even take a second hit... I usually try to put down my fancy meth pipe and it spiillss over...........hehehe.. and then, i forget about doing it again....

but i have heard of this dude that blows da first rip into a balloon, then sucks it back in..im thinking of trying that.... cause if u drop the balloon or whatever no problem

#12 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

I was looking at the vapour genies. Heard good things in random Google searches. Nice to hear it first hand though!

#13 Tetra

Tetra

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

I was looking at the vapour genies. Heard good things in random Google searches. Nice to hear it first hand though!

Yeah, they're good, but changa is better and you don't have to drop a hundred bones. Plus, changa is so much easier not to screw up; there's a lot of trial and error with the GVG as you hone your technique and get the proper screens so all your magic doesn't run down the stem (Chore Boy copper scrubbers I've found to be the best).

I loved freebase, but since that first changa toke from my special changa Zong, I've never smoked freebase since and the Genie is in retirement

#14 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Now all I need is some alcohol :)

#15 Tetra

Tetra

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

I would advise you use acetone. It is available at most hardware stores, is cheap, and evaporates very quickly and cleanly (you can try out your smoke in like 3-4 hours, depending on how much changa, the airflow and all that). Use a shot glass or something small like that, add your freebase, pour your acetone over the freebase, which dissolves almost instantly, then add your leaf mixture (and here your list of options is vast). Then just stir it around every now and again and you'll have changa ready to smoke the same day you mix it (maybe mix it in the morning to ensure adequate dry time).

#16 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Brilliant. Thanks a lot for the advice Tetra!

#17 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Even a meth pipe isn't that great. You could end up fumbling with very hot liquid DMT by the third toke.

My first breakthrough was with a bong, so I definitely feel you on this post man. I did the sandwich method and pulled it all in 1-2 hits. Then hold your breath until you forget what holding your breath means. Ahh memories.

I've recently upgraded to a glass vapor genie, that thing is amazing(It's basically the machine).

Yeah, I heard about the genie but I'm still not convinced - is it really as good as they say?? I used to have an acrylic bong back in the days - medium sized with a nice, huge, wooden bowl. I could load this thing and take amazingly thick rips of tasty smoke of home blended hash/tobacco/whatnot and get so high that I could barely remember in what order I should proceed with the smoking. I wish I had it back :>. Or at least that bowl!

I wanted to ask - how big is your bong?

#18 beermasta

beermasta

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:05 AM

i used a wooden VG when i had some spice, but failed to breakthrough sadly.. not that it doesn't work, probably just didn't smoke it right.

#19 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:13 AM

yhst-60408490650417_2167_575339.jpeg
I fel in love with this bubbler. What do you think? As an alternative I could just drop the spice into the water chamber and try vaporizing it from there? Fortunately it's not too expensive for it's looks.

#20 ramshambles

ramshambles

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

I wanted to ask - how big is your bong?

The bong I'm using is quite large. Old acrylic thing. It takes approx. 1ltr of water to completely fill it. The bowl is quite small but it hasn't caused any issues of yet :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!