Paradox
©
Fisana

- - - - -

What's your favorite state/city or place you'd like to live?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_karl_*

Guest_karl_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:32 AM

WV is where my roots are..back in far enough where folks leave ya alone..
economy is a bummer though..unless ya grow yer own..
morels plentiful come spring, muscaria all summer and cyans up on the mountain,really fine,
sweet springs for the greatest of shine..
and the deer leave the skunk alone..most of the time.

#22 Guest_dead_*

Guest_dead_*

Posted 11 February 2005 - 01:49 PM

St.Augustine,FL is nice but it takes more money to live there than when it was mostly hippies, surfers and bikers.

#23 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:55 PM

COSTAAAAAA RICAAAAAAAA!!! Chicks are hot. The Pacific side is growing more English origin. Fishing kick's ass. Surf's great. As close to Heaven as you're goin to get here on earth!

#24 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:33 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering what some of your favorite states are, states and countries/provinces/islands ect., places to live and/or visit:

So lemme hear um,

Me i like florida, but there's too many old folks here.

I want to move to oregon for some strange reason, i want to live on the west coast.

I also like vermont a lot.

#25 chnop35

chnop35

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 492 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:00 PM

Lived in Colorado Springs for a while. Beautiful. Also lived in Norway for a few years. Light all night in summer, but winters sucked.
Have to stick with Florida, despite all the retirees. Besides, they bring us a load of revenue.

#26 Guest_deadly_*

Guest_deadly_*

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:49 PM

I'd have to go with the southwest region of the country. I've never been as far west as California but it seems like my kind of climate... I love the dry climate and never-ending spring.

#27 Guest_blood_*

Guest_blood_*

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:58 PM

Oregon- Eugene, Portland, both are beautiful, nice people, open-minded, lots of history, and culture. I lived there for 6 months, best time of my life. Lots of unusual things to do, easy to navigate. I would like to visit Vancouver, Can., Washington state is ok, but Oregon is still my fav.

#28 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 29 February 2004 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image Everyone seems to love their visits in oregon. I want to move there..

I've traveled through europe a few times, i love the place, but i dunno about living there. Holland and Germany and Switzerland, and England, all wonderful places..

#29 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:18 PM

People don't seem to realize how big california really is, southern CA is a desert with cities built in it, central is a rather polluted vally(i don't like sacramento), while the northwest is cold(ave temp, 50 winter, 60-65 summer..) and damp as all hell :P

Oregon coast matches northwest CA... Oregon is nice..

Personaly i'd go for Bellingham washington, Victoria BC, or anywhere in new zealand... I want to go back and visit amsterdam/londen/Venice(Venice is REALLY cool, i highly recommend it) again, but i'm not sure i'd want to live there.

#30 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:19 PM

I want to visit sweden as well, i don't speak the languege but from everything i've heard it's a really nice place... if the movie Catch Me If You Can(excellent movie) is even halfway accurate i'd like it there quite a bit :P

#31 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 29 February 2004 - 09:30 PM

yeah, i never made it up to sweden/norway/denmark before, all of europe is so fantastic though, so i'm sure it is amazing country.

I used to always drool over photographs in encyclopedias and magazines/books of British Columbia country-side. From the looks of it (ive never been there but) the country-sude looks like one of the greatest places on the planet!
-And they also have crazy cannabis buds there too (which would be a plus considering what i can get down here in the deep and dirty south - if i move to the west coast ill definately-probably start smoking herb every day again)

Washington is beautiful, i have an aunt that lives there in Olympia, and my brother lived in seattle for several years and i would visit every year.

I've been to hawaii and maui before too, that was the most beautiful place i've ever been probably, it's paradise, but i wouldn't want to live on an island like that i don't think..

How would you think the living expenses and such are different in Oregon from say southern florida where the old people live?

#32 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:21 PM

I really have no clue whatsoever... you might try finding a sample city(say portland, thats as expensive as it's going to get, i would think) and search for rentals via the internet, that should give you a rough idea of the cost to live there.

I don't know what florida is either for that matter :P

I do know it's full of old people...

#33 Guest_freaked_*

Guest_freaked_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:30 AM

my goal in life is to move to amsterdam and open up my own coffee shop....

mycotopians could smoke for free Posted Image

#34 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:39 PM

my goal in life is to move to amsterdam and open up my own coffee shop....

-have you ever been there? you should just check it out first before you decide on making it your life-time goal Posted Image

#35 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:42 PM

Sound like a good plan to my muffy..
just don't buy a nice bike, it'll be gone in under five minutes :P lotta bike theft around there.

I'll move next door and set up a head/smart shop Posted Image

#36 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:08 PM

i'm saving up to move to san diego, cal.
paradise, imo.
ocean, mountains, tijuana, mexico, hollywood
all within driving distance.
sea gulls, palm trees,
baja.

#37 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:18 PM

Im originally from louisiana, if you ever get a chance to go there, dont. Its the worst state Ive ever been to. I served in the military and my family moved alot so I have lived alot of places in the south and the east but recently I have moved to Potland Or, and man its the best. Oregon is the most beautiful place. Its almost untouched, well it at least looks that way. I was amazed at how green it was here. Oregon is the promise land. The best bud, and more shrooms than you could shake a stick at.

#38 Guest_amazonmatt_*

Guest_amazonmatt_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:11 PM

I would like to move to Amsterdam (for obvious reasons) Posted Image

#39 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:54 PM

yeah - in amsterdam (in 1996) i found a mushroom-shaped flyer on the ground of the street that was a advertisement "free admission" to "The Mushroom Hut", so i found the place and it was nice and classy inside and they had various displays of different smart drugs, and at the front counter they had a bin the size of several shoe-boxes filled with dried cubies, next to a scale and the cash register. The shrooms were 25guilders for 5 dried grams, which was about $12.50US dollars. I was inside the place for maybe 5 minutes and during that time they had at least 5 different customers all come in and buy bags of dried shroomies.
-They had all sorts of kinda rip-off scams, like pre-rolled cigarettes with dried mushrooms in them.. it wasn't so cool to have something that useless as a product i didn't think. It was definately a mushroom hut though because they had a big bin of shrooms next to the cash register.
-They were all very nonchalante about the who thing.

#40 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:39 PM

San Diego is nice hippie, my family and i vacation down there every summer, love the beaches and bikini's.

this year perhaps i'll try shroom surfing.. that could be interesting, and hard :P

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!