Paradox
©
Fisana

- - - - -

What's your favorite state/city or place you'd like to live?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:39 AM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

love the beaches and bikini's. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
amen.
we hope to make our move in another year or so.
went to navy boot camp there back in '81
and fell in love.

#42 Guest_cleanjar_*

Guest_cleanjar_*

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:49 AM

you fell in love there, or you fell in love with the place, or both???

#43 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:53 AM

the place,
not anyone.
boot camp is a hard place to find love.

#44 Guest_black_*

Guest_black_*

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:39 PM

Hippie wrote:i'm saving up to move to san diego, cal.

San Diego is pretty supportive of medical cannabis. They have there on guidelines to protect patients.

#45 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:30 PM

thats cool! plus, with that large of a city cops are kept busy, and aren't bored waiting for a small time dude to screw up.. :P

#46 Guest_blood_*

Guest_blood_*

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:33 PM

Cost of living in Portland, VS, San Diego, VS S. FL? Parts of S. FL and Portland are relatively close in real-estate/renting. San Diego on the other hand is very pricey, but it's quite nice, great climate, lots to do, a very liberal free spirited crowd.
There are other things to take in to consideration, such as cost of insurance, sales tax, price of gas (you can get by without a car in Portland).
000,http://www.bestplace...ate=&amt=35,000
Keep in mind you're age and what you're like, if you are young, and enjoy the nightlife/party scene, plus would like to meet someone, love the great outdoors, look for a place near colleges in areas with medium sized cities. Washington is nice but it's a tad urbanized, and the city/spread isn't easy to canvas.

While in Portland I never wanted to stay indoors there were to many wierd things going on all the time, in the short time I was there I had a really wild good time.
Good food, very green, art, carnivals, beer festivals, huge book store, a campus right in the heart of the city, strip clubs galore, desert is 1hr away, ocean, mountains, lava chute spelunking, huge dance/concert floor on ball bearings, easy to meet people. (there are old catacombs running under certain parts of the city). Next time you're in the bookstore, check out the large photographic book called "Oregon", what you see is what you get.

#47 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:12 PM

The high Andes. Definitely the Andes.

#48 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:36 PM

thingts to consider about oregon.

high unemployment,if you don't like the fog and rain it can be very depressing.

but the nature surrounding the state is amazing.my friend lives in portland and he goes hunting,fishing,crabing,clam diggin mushroom hunting, offroading.....lots of things to do.

I really love the southern oregon coast,the forest is so different,redwood forest are amazing.just like northern cali but CHEAPER!

#49 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:39 PM

wait I almost forgot the best part about Oregon.

no sales tax.and you DON'T have to pump your own gas.

#50 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:20 PM

as for southern cali.in my opinion I would choose a place south of L.A.

reasons:less pollution,less traffic,less assholes,less crime.

it's within driving distance from los angeles, which in southern cali is the place to be to make money.

although these things come at a higher price of living,they can make a difference in maintaining your sanity in that fucked up city.

I would move to a beach city like redondo beach,manhatan beach or something similar.making the hot summer days bearable.

I have friends around there and if you look really good you can find some places for a decent price.

northern california is cheap,but I can't imagine what type of jobs there would really be other working for the lumber companies(except of course the obvious farming the land for your medicine).

#51 Guest_dr._*

Guest_dr._*

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:51 AM

My wife and i want to move to New Zealand, its beautiful we are gonna go there on vacation next year to check it out. My wifes friend is from there and gets the paper from there everyday, we found some nice 10 acre tracts with nice houses on the coast for 130,000, and that isnt bad compared to the same land here on the coast. But maybe we could all buy a big Mycotopia commune somewhere on the west coast....yah thatd be great one big Hippie3 commune...talk about a literal mycotpia..boy thatd be great...

#52 pskovinsky

pskovinsky

Ex-chat M0d of Doom, y3

• Expired Member
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:19 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

My wife and i want to move to New Zealand,<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
YES! i want to move there as well... 10 acres and a nice house for $130!? damn! i can't even get a shitty condo for that here.

#53 Guest_choid_*

Guest_choid_*

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:09 AM

Think im going to East Asia and live everywhere i can.Dont wanna stay in 1 country too long,just a few months. i will enjoy the palm trees and those beautiful beaches.
thai is the place i wanna stay more than few months and someday i will be in india too...have you ever heard of GOA?
my home is the whole world and i wanna see all the wonders of life. I think this trip will take about 10 or more years.

thats the goal of my life - to enjoy life on earth

#54 guyute

guyute

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:45 AM

Portland Oregon area is great! I moved here in '99 and have loved it since. Portland itself is great, with lots of good concerts and museums, and parks and stuff. there are also so many great places close by. The coast, and the mountain are both about an hour away. Beautiful views of Mount Hood everywhere you look. Oh yeah, and mushie picking in the fall(some potent ones). I love it here. I really like Bellingham Wa too. I've considered moving there, but I love it so much here...

#55 japes420

japes420

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 04:25 PM

CANADA my FRIENDS CANADA,,,,,and especially vancouver great vibes killer weather and diverce population

I like to say that it's Canadas Hawaii.....legalization is around our corner.I"LL note that I'm a duall citizen CANADIAN and AMERICAN,,,,i'm staying here in Manitoba however.

#56 Guest_dead_*

Guest_dead_*

Posted 26 July 2004 - 08:13 PM

As a diver I think Florida offers the most diverse diving in any state and possibly the world. They have it all,rivers, springs, sink holes, caverns, caves, quarries, Atlantic Ocean wrecks, treasure wrecks, the Keys and John Penemkamp marine sanctuary and the best spear fishing in the world IMO just 20 miles out in the Gulf. And it's all within driving distance. Paradise for a diver!

#57 Karphophorez

Karphophorez

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 07:03 AM

Prague, Czech Republic. Cheap beer, beautiful women, bohemian lifestyle!! The weirdest place on earth to trip............... some say, the new Amsterdam.

And, the only place I've gone to a bar, and had a beer with a real jester...........

Used to live there..........

#58 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 10:28 AM

Somewhere that I can own my own land and house to keep people away from. :)

#59 littlefaucher

littlefaucher

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:44 AM

Vancouver or Toronto..both very beautiful..both with an abundance of cannabis shops..both with nice stores

Althoug...if I had the money, I'd get a cabin/house on the rocky north shore of Lake Superior. I have a mysterious connection with that lake, like it calls me. I can't even begin to explain the spiritual connection I have with that lake. Maybe it's time for a huasca or ether trip and figure some things out

There are great places to live like the Mountains, Vancouver, Toronto etc. but Minnesota is my home and I can't leave my roots behind

#60 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:09 PM

was thinking about a move to san diego
but the weather in cali has turned pretty crazy
might move instead back to tejas,
houston perhaps,
hear the oil fields are back up,
there's money flowing again.