• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Man of Knowledge

Man of Knowledge

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:29 AM

All right, I saw Phlux' post on the SA about P. natalensis. And then soem of my photos, then I ended up on a merged link of South Africans and many debates in the thread of numerous fotos from many, and found it was a merged thread, never had one before that I recall, but I was unable to post anything into the thread. So here are five images, one is the Polar Bear Snow Fall Dream Scape I created in photoshop with a photo of some bears.

I grew 6 collections of SA Transkei. Cannot remember who gave me the print but it came from a member of the site no one talks about.

I grew two batches in mycobags and after the first flush I put those into Terrariums. I also grew fiyr ub terrariums with a few diffenet mediums, I did have one batch in a mycobag that came out really long and thin, similar to some Elephant dung shrooms I and others have grown, why they were not like the others I do not know.

The terraruim grown cubes were all thick stemmed, pretty solid as I could not find a hollow stem, very dark chocilate brown to almost black spores deposited ont he caps with purple tinges. I do not understand when I hear people saying they keep finding cubes with green in the stems, usually it is the edges of caps or the whole of the cap that has the green stain. IT comes from the blue oxidative color mixing in with the straw yellow color of the hygrophanous color changing cap as blue and yellow make green. Many are posted in the Psilocybe cyanescens pages at my site on green capped cyans. Baeos in drying get golden tones mixed with greens and blues but as they dry, the colors becamoe a dark brownish black.

Since I pulled these images from several different growths, I did not label. SO here are five nice thick cubes. These like my other terrarium growths, including the mycobags on the second flushes produced cubes with wavy caps when moved to a terrarium from a mycobag. as did the terrarium ones. The six grows ranged from 3 to seven flushes. Some are posted in my species page under various strains of Psilocybe cubensis.

SA3.jpg

SA4.jpg

SA2.jpg

Observe that strange Rango Type cacti in the background. I think they live in symbiosis with one another. Both from two continents and only separated by the atlantic Ocean. Hm! Is is possible? I mean they found coca leaves in two Egyptian mummies about 10-15-years ago. Imagine that?
The image with the cacti is a third or fouth flush of a cake from a mycobag into a terrarium on the 2nd flush.

SA1.jpg

My Snowy Coke Snorting Polar Bears who like Shrooms

SApolarbearsnowfall1.jpg

man of knowledge
  • Tom19 and PolarDBN like this

#2 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:32 PM