• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 joebobby

joebobby

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hey whats up, I found this mushroom in/around horse manure, about a day or so after heavy rainfall. Any idea what it is or if it is safe or not?

Thanks a bunch.

Attached Thumbnails

• mushrooms.jpg

#2 busboy2004

busboy2004

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

It doesn't look like a cube. Looks small like a Pan species, but honestly i have no idea but i am very curious to find out now! I certainly wouldn't eat them for sure until you get confermation from an xpert and even then i would be a little hesitant! Maybe if there not to old u can get a spore print to help people identify it easier. One good thing is it was in horse shit. I hope someone can identify it, i interested in finding out. Gluck

#3 Iceyboi

Iceyboi

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

I have no idea what it is either. But I'm definitely interested in finding out now. lol

#4 joebobby

joebobby

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hey thanks for responding guys. So I was taking a spore print, a few hours passed, and I just got too anxious and had to take a peak. From what I could tell, and there wasn't much there, but it looked purple/brownish. With that in mind I'm leaning towards P. Weilii. But I'm leaving them overnight to get a better print, I'll let y'all know. [h=1][/h]

#5 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

vivir madre yagĂ© PerĂș

• VIP
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

The main thing you need to look at is... do they bruise blue at all? was it actually growing from the H.poo? and is it purple spores or brown spores ... if yes to all three I still don't know :lol:

Edited by Hash_Man, 18 February 2012 - 11:30 PM.

#6 joebobby

joebobby

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

They don't really look like they are bruising blue, sort of looks slightly purplish. Only when I squeeze them real hard though. And they were actually growing from the shit. Some were around it though. And to me the spores looked more purple than brown. I'm leaving them alone overnight to get a better look at it though.

#7 busboy2004

busboy2004

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

They don't really look like they are bruising blue, sort of looks slightly purplish. Only when I squeeze them real hard though. And they were actually growing from the shit. Some were around it though. And to me the spores looked more purple than brown. I'm leaving them alone overnight to get a better look at it though.

Purple would be good, and that it was on hpoo is good!!! A good shroom would bruise purplish blue, so sounds good, but not good enough to eat!! There are shrooms like Azures witch grow in and along a look alike azure but this shroom is deadly!! There are alot of things that u should be fearful off when eating a bad shroom, one being death and another gets u so sick u would wish you were dead!!! To me under ur described find..Hpoo and purple bruising it sounds good!! You should google all the magic mushies that r in the state of Georgia and do some comparitive detail...might be a good idea. Gluck

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!