• Please log in to reply
807 replies to this topic

#801 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:34 PM

Ok so I'm wondering if this green cactus is opuntia? I know the purple-ish one is, but the green one was just gifted to me from a friend who doesn't know what it is. I believe it is opuntia but I'm not an expert and i don't know for sure. Thanks in advance for any replies

Attached Thumbnails

• 15692705361718344276827855105310.jpg
  • 15692704917231640251721039823166.jpg

#802 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 89 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:39 PM

That is an oppuntia. It's hard to tell which species though. Probably Oppuntia Ficus-indica.

#803 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Hey thanks. I appreciate it

#804 BigSteve

BigSteve

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:48 AM

Looking for an ID of the taller cactus with white spines. I believe it is some type of mammillaria.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191118_220613.jpg

#805 Sicshroom

Sicshroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 06:38 PM

Everytime I goto Walmart I come back with a new plant. Any chance at a possible i.d.? It looks pretty enough

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191121_183619.jpg

#806 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,958 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2019 - 10:16 PM

Looking for an ID of the taller cactus with white spines. I believe it is some type of mammillaria.

Hi BigSteve,

That is one of the Mammillaria. That particular variety is commonly known as " Popcorn Cactus" , and also as " Thimble Cactus".

I have some myself and they pup profusely, and will rather quickly (in years) fill a pot wall to wall.

Everytime I goto Walmart I come back with a new plant. Any chance at a possible i.d.? It looks pretty enough

That is one of a huge succulent family, Faucaria by my best guess. They all have sharp looking jaw type growth, and a huge amount of them are commonly known as " Alligator Jaws", Shark or Tiger jaws.

• Sicshroom likes this

#807 BigSteve

BigSteve

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 12:12 AM

Hi BigSteve,

That is one of the Mammillaria. That particular variety is commonly known as " Popcorn Cactus" , and also as " Thimble Cactus".

I have some myself and they pup profusely, and will rather quickly (in years) fill a pot wall to wall.

That is one of a huge succulent family, Faucaria by my best guess. They all have sharp looking jaw type growth, and a huge amount of them are commonly known as " Alligator Jaws", Shark or Tiger jaws.

Thanks for the ID, I figured it was popcorn but it is more tall than spherical so I figured I would ask. Those pups are the first it's produced so I won't steal them yet. My goal is to get them happy in their new pots first.

Thanks again

• Skywatcher likes this

#808 psilyguy808

psilyguy808

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 05:47 AM

I found this at a farmers market in Northern California and think that it’s a San Pedro, any thoughts?

Those areoles are pointing up pretty good. Looks a little PC, but it would take a flower for a positive ID. Even if it is pachanot, it would still make great grafting stock or if you really love the look then you are set.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!