• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Dinix

Dinix

Feeding the Ouroboros

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yea, I can ramble all day about the problems with our current paradigm, and especially about our mass production electrical system.

THIS METER needs to get the fuck out of town lol...
METER = CONTROL... in my mind at least...

I don't like the fact that I have to pay for a magnet to spin around a coil much myself, but God Money is a very powerful force. I doubt we'll be able to tackle both sustainable energy, and a sustainable economy at the same time.. One can hope though.

This will happen within the next 100 years :-D I will assure this thank you very much.

I'm afraid we have far less than 100 years my friend. The finite nature of fossil fuels is already starting to show it's limitations. I suspect we'll be replacing our energy paradigm within the next 20 years. Sadly, not because we want to, but because our survival as a species will depend on it and entrenched business can't lie about it anymore..

#22 gardenboy

gardenboy

Fr̸̡e͟a̡̧k̛

• Free Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I suspect we'll be replacing our energy paradigm within the next 20 years. Sadly, not because we want to, but because our survival as a species will depend on it and entrenched business can't lie about it anymore..

Spot on. 'Necessity is the mother of all inventions'.
A Paradigm shift requires the mind to reject what it holds to be true,
and this is not easily achieved,
without the use of force,
be it natural or systemic.

#23 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm afraid we have far less than 100 years my friend. The finite nature of fossil fuels is already starting to show it's limitations. I suspect we'll be replacing our energy paradigm within the next 20 years. Sadly, not because we want to, but because our survival as a species will depend on it and entrenched business can't lie about it anymore..

shit I was being generous, Id suspect that some here wouldnt want to hear that the TRUE
shift will be quick upon us.

Wonderful days in wonderland.

#24 Bubasti

Bubasti

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

The Venus project is one of the first logical steps. I am glad it exists even if it only stirs up conversations like these. The Venus and Zeitgeist have 2 things in common, they are flawed & they actually provide and idea of what an alternative society could be. Its easy to rip on a system its a bitch to propose a new one.

Until we change how we are socially engineered we will not change our system. (e.g. 200 years ago you were taught to hunt with a bow/ rifle and trade, now we are taught to show up to a cubical and hit a feeder bar for a pay check). What if we did indeed pool resources and eliminate 95% of the work force? Do we really need marketing and sales jobs if money wasn't an issue? What if we got rid of products with a built in obsolescence (computers being good for 3 years cars dying at 130k in miles). The very prospect makes me elated and its far form a Utopian delusion. It was awakening when I found both of these organizations.

#25 Dinix

Dinix

Feeding the Ouroboros

• Expired Member
  • 313 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

The Venus project is one of the first logical steps. I am glad it exists even if it only stirs up conversations like these. The Venus and Zeitgeist have 2 things in common, they are flawed & they actually provide and idea of what an alternative society could be. Its easy to rip on a system its a bitch to propose a new one.

A thousand mile journey begins with one step. I just want make sure it's not a stumble. I critique venus because their model does not consider all the variables needed for a new paradigm and especially the transitional period needed to get us there. I'm afraid we won't get another try at this for a long time (or ever again for that matter) and we need to take a sober look at the situation we're faced with.

There are those of us working on this independently. I think we stand a better chance at creating the models that are going to be useful over research groups like the above mentioned. We are forced to be resourceful rather than cheap, gimmicky, or overly high-tech. A true sustainable pioneer will utilize whatever is easily available and natural. We also don't have a profit margin to satisfy, and we're not using other peoples money to make movies and do seminars about a society without money.

#26 Bubasti

Bubasti

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

New Venus movie?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!