Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New strain of Ps. Mexicana from Eastern slope of Chicon Nindo in Huatla de Jimenez

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#121 Star Cap

Star Cap

Conshroomer

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

Nevermind!! I answered my own question. I finally got the time to read "Seeking the Magic Mushroom.". By Robert Wasson.
A great article. Interesting considering my interests in the mushroom. Figured that I'd link it here for easy acess to anyone interested.

http://www.imaginari...wasson/life.htm

#122 teonanacatl

teonanacatl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the outline Teo. These are aspects of the ceremony that I am intetested in. Were the veladas performed 1 on 1 or in group?

Both one-on-one and in small groups. I personally prefer small groups, family and/or close friends or just plain old solo vigils. My solo vigils tend to be the most powerful, really. An interesting effect that we have noticed over the years, is that when I take the mushroom with my wife it can be VERY powerful in a way that goes well beyond dosage. If we eat the mushroom together, even at a low dose a full visionary breakthrough is possible. We have a really special-marvelous relationship--she is Navajo--and after ten years are more in love than ever. I speculate that this energy of love--and perhaps some deep soul-connection over many lifetimes--has the effect of creating a deeply resonant soul-space between us that sends the experience into the stratosphere: it is a VERY strange effect, really. A couple of years ago, we had an outrageously powerful experience on just 2grams of cubensis. Elfstone recounts the experience at his deoxy-page: http://deoxy.org/wik...one/reflections . I will transcribe it here though, just for the fun of it:

¨I'm going to make this brief, as I'm still swooning and at a loss for words. My account has not yet been languaged, so I will give my fiance's account of last night's vigil/velada:

In the early part, as it was coming on, I was drumming and singing...and fell into a complete trance. In her words,

'as you fell into the trance, I turned towards you and in the drum saw an image of a mountain at the base of which was a hole. In the hole was a light, and coming out of the hole was a rope that was strung through your throat. As you were singing, souls were emerging from the hole and emitting immense sighs of relief. Then I turned my gaze towards your face, and I could not believe what I saw...you had wings, *teo/omit my real name*...you had wings that were rising above your head.

At first they were closed, and I saw a light behind them that was shielded. Then your singing built in intensity and everything started dancing and sheening, and your wings flared out and I saw this light coming out of your entire body: it was cyan blue and glowing and I was terrified. Then you looked at me unblinking and pointing towards the hole in your drum said,

'this is where your soul alone must go,' and turning your winged back towards me, you flew out of the room and I was alone in utter darkness...'

I remember circling the mountain, it was alive...I could hear it's voice, it was somewhere in the himalaya's or something, then I was somewhere in the stratosphere and the planet was telling me something about respiratory distress, and I was feeling it's pain...there's more

I came to ~3hrs later and I was in the livingroom...I wasn't able to perceive my own body for another 2hours, though I was fully functional...I just couldn't see it. If I danced around, I could vaguely perceive swirling energetic patterns...

We are spiritual beings who have chosen to interface with the physical plane

On the seventh day after our initial experience, I dreamt I was sleeping again on the couch and awoke to the sound of a voice, 'I will show you what happened'

I looked into the space above me and saw a circular outline that then brought the atmosphere of the surrounding space into a crescendo of perceptual intensity and pitch. Then, flaring outwards, the sphere enveloped the entire room in flaming white light...

I looked at everything around me and knew that I had utterly and completely lost my mind, it was all beyond real, beyond the domain of rational/preceptive thought, beyond consciousness itself, flaming and burning out everything, unendurable and endless, life/death/pleasure/pain inextricably bound up in one self-sustained burning instant, expanding stardust. Through this week, this burning has endured within the heart reaching across space.

In the days since, both my fiance and I have been waking up to the sight of these glowing blue orbs floating in the space above us. My fiance has seen them, on ocassion, become more tubular and pressed out like discs. Two nights ago, as I awoke to these orbs...I was very clearly able to make out a face...it was as if the orb wanted me to see it's face, 'thus am I called'

In a vision, as I sat with friends, I opened my eyes and everyone had vanished. The house was empty and the windows had been blown out, everywhere was covered in white snow...

it was all silence and emptiness, peace and forever...

#123 cactus-pits

cactus-pits

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

fantastic thread

#124 Star Cap

Star Cap

Conshroomer

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

Wild, Teo!!

I've always enjoyed connecting with friends and family with the mushroom. Once I flew solo, well actually I was with my dog. I believe that he could sense something about me was different. Either that or he may have received some residual from the sweat of my palms. He wouldnt leave my side, and was acting strange himself. It left me with the feeling that he was concerned for my well being.

I want to hold more solo vigils. I would like to be able to focus more on the relationship that we have with the diositos. I enjoy group sessions too. The two are completely different experiences.

Funny that it only took 2g to go so far. Quality not quantity? What do you think allowed the two of you to go so far on so little?

One of my most memorial trips were one of my first. I was working at a Renn Faire out where I am. I ate one shroom and as it came on my view became fish eyed. Everyone I had seen while walking through the faire was physically deformed in one way or another. When I had seen a deformation on a person that deformation would let me know if the person was greedy, a jealous type, glutton, arrogant, and so on. Unfortunately it only showed me unfavorable human conditions. It blew my mind!!

#125 ez_goin

ez_goin

Eager Student

• Expired Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:40 AM

Taking a seat here. :cool:

#126 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

teonanacatl
"speculate that this energy of love--and perhaps some deep soul-connection over many lifetimes--has the effect of creating a deeply resonant soul-space between us that sends the experience into the stratosphere"

:) I feel this with my Hubby :)
I am trying to learn about this energy well all the energy's I feel in a day
I believe you are right when taking a spiritual trip with a plant it should just be that plant
when it is with a mushroom it should just be that mushroom
to help the energies be true and pure to that spirit within it :)
helps to clear the message
sometimes listing and repeating to share the info
there are no words to describe what we feel there
is no words more of a felling of energies and a knowing of what to do
I think if we truly want to visit and talk with a certain spirit
it should be just that one not 1 - 5 others too

#127 teonanacatl

teonanacatl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

Wild, Teo!!

I've always enjoyed connecting with friends and family with the mushroom. Once I flew solo, well actually I was with my dog. I believe that he could sense something about me was different. Either that or he may have received some residual from the sweat of my palms. He wouldnt leave my side, and was acting strange himself. It left me with the feeling that he was concerned for my well being.

I want to hold more solo vigils. I would like to be able to focus more on the relationship that we have with the diositos. I enjoy group sessions too. The two are completely different experiences.

Funny that it only took 2g to go so far. Quality not quantity? What do you think allowed the two of you to go so far on so little?

One of my most memorial trips were one of my first. I was working at a Renn Faire out where I am. I ate one shroom and as it came on my view became fish eyed. Everyone I had seen while walking through the faire was physically deformed in one way or another. When I had seen a deformation on a person that deformation would let me know if the person was greedy, a jealous type, glutton, arrogant, and so on. Unfortunately it only showed me unfavorable human conditions. It blew my mind!!

Yea, I am definitely a dog-person ... they are actually really tuned in with this stuff, as I am sure many people have realized. I have done circles where someone will start having a tough time, and the dog spends the whole night with them ... here´s my pup -

pup.jpg

Well, one of them anyways ...

I basically think there is a domain with these mushrooms that is not necessarily dose contingent; when the Spirit of it wants you, it takes you. In a sense, it is almost like a radio dial: psilocybin has a ´tuning effect.´ Once you are tuned into the station, you are there and dose is less consequential. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am also just really sensitive to psilocybin these days.

#128 teonanacatl

teonanacatl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

teonanacatl
"speculate that this energy of love--and perhaps some deep soul-connection over many lifetimes--has the effect of creating a deeply resonant soul-space between us that sends the experience into the stratosphere"

:) I feel this with my Hubby :)
I am trying to learn about this energy well all the energy's I feel in a day
I believe you are right when taking a spiritual trip with a plant it should just be that plant
when it is with a mushroom it should just be that mushroom
to help the energies be true and pure to that spirit within it :)
helps to clear the message
sometimes listing and repeating to share the info
there are no words to describe what we feel there
is no words more of a felling of energies and a knowing of what to do
I think if we truly want to visit and talk with a certain spirit
it should be just that one not 1 - 5 others too

This seems to be the general consensus with the shamans I have worked with. I don´t think I told this story, but it´s a good one anyways. Our third time drinking ayahuasca in the jungles of Peru, my wife and I had a most remarkable and deep experience (the deepest one for her). In the experience, three of us in the group synch´d up at a psychic-type level. There was a deep and calm energy, and my wife had an experience of riding an immense rope-like vine that extended up into the heavens and then exited the cosmos through a hole. Several weeks earlier, I had a dream in which we drank ayahuasca and there was a rope that we ascended into a profound and formless space of warm and empty-darkness. Interestingly enough, this experience echoed aspects of the vision I described above with the mountain and the cave and the rope.

In the early part of this ayahuasca-experience, both my wife and I were visited by the mushroom-Spirit. The visitation was brief, and a bit more visually ellaborate for my wife; I spent most of the night in a calm and absorbed state of light-filled peace. But, there were not alot of vivid visions for me that night. Anyhow, the mushroom Spirit came and we had some brief communication.

We went to bed that evening, having not discussed our experience with the shaman. The next morning at breakfast--to our amazement--the shaman looked over the table at us and said, ´if you are going to drink ayahuasca, you should not eat mushrooms. I saw the mushroom-Spirit talking with you last night and you should only eat one or the other.´ I was somewhat amazed, this was one of the more convincing episodes of clairvoyance in a shaman that I had experienced. We later learned that the shaman did not much care for mushrooms; I think he could tell that I was definitely more oriented in that direction. But you see the theme here: fidelity to one plant.

#129 Star Cap

Star Cap

Conshroomer

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

I basically think there is a domain with these mushrooms that is not necessarily dose contingent; when the Spirit of it wants you, it takes you. In a sense, it is almost like a radio dial: psilocybin has a ´tuning effect.´ Once you are tuned into the station, you are there and dose is less consequential. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I am also just really sensitive to psilocybin these days.

Cute pup!!!

I like your idea there. So sometimes you are l
allowed into haven, other times you're allowed to peek through the Windows.

It's funny but the mushroom is the only plant calling to me.

#130 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

After saying what I said I realized I try a lot of different things at times but when we are trying to learn and communicate with a sacred spirit of a particular plant or mushroom it should be a single experience

but on the other hand maybe mixing them together for you both that time was meant to be so you could experience both of the spirits the vine and the mushroom

I am a big believer if it is meant to be it will we don't necessarily make mistakes
put it this way maybe if you didnt mix them you wouldnt have spoke to the mushroom spirit at all and I am positive that experience was meant for the both of you

#131 teonanacatl

teonanacatl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:22 AM

After saying what I said I realized I try a lot of different things at times but when we are trying to learn and communicate with a sacred spirit of a particular plant or mushroom it should be a single experience

but on the other hand maybe mixing them together for you both that time was meant to be so you could experience both of the spirits the vine and the mushroom

I am a big believer if it is meant to be it will we don't necessarily make mistakes
put it this way maybe if you didnt mix them you wouldnt have spoke to the mushroom spirit at all and I am positive that experience was meant for the both of you

There was no mixing in the above experience, we had only drank ayahuasca. I think at that point, I had not had mushrooms in quite a long time ... 9 months to a year. So, there was really no mixing of any sort. I tend to agree that there is no ´one correct way to do things´ as people often tell me. Nonetheless, I think the moral of the story here is that these sacred plants actually take a special sort of skill and intelligence to work with in a way that really opens and vouchsafes the deeper visions. My honest observation is that the vast majority of ´shroomers´ have not yet even begun to touch some of these deeper possibilities; the mushroom itself guards it´s own mystery, and has done so for millenia. This is kind of what I am getting at here, that there is a particular sort of Spirit in which these things can be approached; with the proper sort of attitude, something very ancient and wondrous that has been lost to our civilization for millenia can be re-discovered and emerge again as a regenerative well-spring of gnosis. The gnostic dimension is what I am primarily suggesting here, in that eventually you have a simple and true ´gnosis´/direct knowledge of how this works. I conjecture that these mushrooms are part of an incredibly ancient mystery-tradition stretching back through Greece--I suspect the Eleusinian mysteries were a lesser mystery that prepared the select few for a deeper and more secret mushroomic-mystery--into neolithic and upper-paleolithic Africa. In a sense, these mushrooms can be seen as part of a highly sophisticated spiritual-technology that travelled across the Bering straight from the Soma-traditions of the Rig Veda, through Mongolia and then on into the New World.

On a spiritual level, the mushroom can be thought of analogically as highly-fissile radioactive Spirit-material. It takes certain skill and intelligence to handle such material, you don´t just casually pick it up with your hands. So, there is an intelligent and deliberate way of approaching this Mystery. I have expressed this basic sentiment to people in my local circle time and again, and by and large it just falls on deaf ears. But to the Native Americans, this has been obvious for millenia; Native Americans have actively cultivated and developed this pattern of intelligent and deliberate usage of visionary-plants. Like getting a graduate degree, it takes time, study, focus and a whole world of sincere intention.

In terms of ritual cleanliness and the ceremonial abstentions, this is a very old practice. I have been studying Pythagoreanism and the Orphic mysteries in some depth recently. As the story goes, Pythagoras forbade the eating of beans in his circle; there is a very interesting tale about his death which involves said beans. The reasons Pythagoras was said to have prohibited the ingestion of beans are many. Pythagoreans placed a great deal of emphasis on the importance of prophetic-dreams, and beans were said to interrupt the deep sleep that made these sorts of dreams possible. Others suggest that Pythagoras saw the bean as being divine, and so prohibited ingestion of divine flesh. Concerning Pythagoras´ death, Bruce Pennington writes:

¨Kylon was the son of a wealthy Crotonate nobleman. Born into nobility, he was used to getting anything he desired. When denied, he could become violent, tyrannical and demanding. Although Kylon had access to all levels of schooling, he proved to be something of a dullard. Nevertheless there came a time when he desired to become a part of the Brotherhood. Because he was a young man of privilege, he believed that he should be allowed to bypass the years of training, silence and deep contemplation which preceded entrance to the inner sanctum of the Brotherhood. Pythagoras bluntly turned him down: and not only was Kylon sent away, but Pythagoras refused a conference with him. Like Hera, Kylon grew angry and vengeful. He was soon giving mock discourses on Pythagorean ideas and beliefs – discourses that characterized the people of Croton as cattle being manipulated and controlled by the Pythagorean leaders. Kylon himself manipulated the emotions of his friends and townspeople, until, as a mob, they descended upon the cluster of houses in which the Brotherhood lived, studied and slept. The angry mob torched the buildings, forcing members of the Brotherhood to flee the terrifying flames. As the members exited the conflagration, many were stabbed to death. Those who escaped both fire and knife fled to the surrounding countryside. Pythagoras was one of the lucky ones: his followers formed a human bridge to help him to clamber out of one of the blazing buildings. But his escape did not go undetected. Soon several of Kylon’s angry friends were in pursuit, yet as he had a significant lead, it looked as if the aging Pythagoras would make it to safety.

Suddenly Pythagoras came to a stop. A vast bean field stretched before him. He stood frozen, uncertain what to do. His eyes focused on a single bean dangling inches from his papyrus- covered feet. So true was he to his ideals that, even at the risk of losing his own life, he was unwilling to trample upon even a single bean. Staring down upon that vibrant bean, the sun low in the sky, he imagined it to be blossoming into a divine ripeness before him. And as he stood there, hesitating, contemplating his next move, his pursuers caught up with him. They lifted their weapons, and bringing the knifes down hard, spilled Pythagoras’ blood on the plants – ending his life for the sake of a bean, and for the deep wisdom immersed in that diminutive cosmic object.¨

I hope some of us can recognize the theme here, of reverence for a ´diminutive cosmic object´ with divine qualities, as in the ´little holy children.´ We all know the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, and his magic beans. In this case, it is important to look beyond the literal dimension of the story to a more mythical and dare I say ´mystical´ dimension of possibility.

That said, I want to emphasize again that the way in which you approach these things must necessarily spring natively from your own heart; in this sense, there is no ´one right way of doing things.´ Like poetry, like theatre, the mushroom ceremony is a highly creative performance and there is lots of room for innovation here. The most important thing is to look beyond the appearances to the Spirit in which the ceremony occurs; this has been the essence of dramaturgy since the beginning. All the players are on the stage, queue the Light ... action!

Edited by teonanacatl, 01 May 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#132 teonanacatl

teonanacatl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

So, I think this thread is slowly coming to a close here. We are gradually getting spores out to interested parties. For those who are in Europe and outside of the US, I made an effort to lay down a bunch of prints on vellum-paper yesterday. The paper appears to absorb moisture very rapidly, so even using a sterile syringe with water to cover the caps with droplets was not keeping the caps moist enough. Within about four hours of laying the caps down to make prints, they were fairly dried out. So, we are working on an alternate means of printing that will allow us to send out spores in plain envelopes and letter-cards. My preferred printing medium is glass-slides, but these would require a customs declaration in order to send out of country, which I am not willing to do.

As I have mentioned to a couple of people, I have never been particularly interested in any sort of visibility regarding this mushroom. I had no intentions whatsoever of posting on any of the online forums until elfstone became ´filled with the Spirit´ and made his initial post on this new strain of mexicana. But, this has been alot of fun and I feel we have provided an honest and sincere introductory sense of a certain possibility that abides within the mushroom. If just one person becomes honestly inspired to look more deeply into this mystery, then I believe something momentus has been achieved here.

So, the third flush came in ~20 dried grams. I expect a fourth flush with about the same yield. As it stands, I have yielded ~100 dry grams of carpophores from 3 quart jars; I would guess that I will end up with 120+ dried grams total. That is actually a pretty remarkable yield, really. We are working on a couple of new strains here, including Ps. zapotecorum and what I believe is the mazatecorum variegen of Ps. Caerulescens ... should we have any success with that, I will certainly post.

God bless everyone! Again, contact me if you would like spores on this one; it will take time, but I will certainly do my best.

Teo
  • TVCasualty likes this

#133 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

I had an idea that may work for the prints
a thick plastic I was thinking packaging plastic
maybe cleaned up with a bleach wash or Alcohol maybe
if it is clear I have looked at it successful under the microscope too
plastic baggy s are sterile and Anne uses baby bottle liners sterile too

#134 Star Cap

Star Cap

Conshroomer

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

Thanks for opening up!! I'm sure that there are many here among us that the more spiritual side of the diositos call to. To me your truth and knowledge is most appreciated!! Thanks for spending the time to write and share what you know. This thread has been a pleasure!!

#135 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 350 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Just to show the huge morphological differences between strains, here is a fruiting of the Ps. mexicana that was formerly distributed by sporeworks under the name "strain-b." It is being grown out under the same conditions, with the True Lumen Actinic Blue 453nm LED lights, using ryegrass seeds as the substrate.

image-3098460440.jpg

#136 Star Cap

Star Cap

Conshroomer

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

They look completely different!! Are their caps concave?

#137 teonanacatl

teonanacatl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:41 PM

Just to show the huge morphological differences between strains, here is a fruiting of the Ps. mexicana that was formerly distributed by sporeworks under the name "strain-b." It is being grown out under the same conditions, with the True Lumen Actinic Blue 453nm LED lights, using ryegrass seeds as the substrate.

image-3098460440.jpg

In spite of the clear morphological variations, you can definitely tell that those little guys are quite vital ... beautiful, isn´t it?

#138 anne halonium

anne halonium

Trolls'R'us

• Banned Member
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:55 PM

chicon nindo pin.......

:dance:california grrls.JPG :dance:

on fert brown rice, with potting soil case-ing,
pinned under 450 nm LED........

break out the cristal,
annie has ya covered like a jimmy cap.........................

and , ya saw here on mycotopia first.........

#139 anne halonium

anne halonium

Trolls'R'us

• Banned Member
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

a vigorous pinset........:eusa_clap

cheekopindo.JPG

i predict chicon nindo boom times.

Edited by anne halonium, 15 May 2012 - 08:17 AM.

#140 anne halonium

anne halonium

Trolls'R'us

• Banned Member
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

k peeps, one more,
then soon, ill present,
annies chicon nindo thread......

cally also.JPG :dance:

chicon nindo, fert rice sub,
PP5, and LED 450 nm.......