• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 night_ryder

night_ryder

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:46 AM

cloning and spore syringe making using gloveboxes. could someone explain how to do this

#2 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:12 AM

http://archives.myco...html?1106008656

#3 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:13 AM

http://archives.myco...html?1107652262

#4 wayback

wayback

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:12 AM

A glove box is a must if you want to do G2G and argar work, even innocluations. Build one and you won't regets it.

#5 night_ryder

night_ryder

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:55 AM

i have innoc pinned down using syringes alcohol and a lighter, but using a glove box wont hurt

#6 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,709 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

use a normal no possi pressure glovebox... they aren't worth the hassle.. just get a bin.. cut in arm holes.. clean the shit out of it with alcohol and lysol.. wear a dust mask.. shower and work nude if possible. Do not have ANY air movement in the room and there you go.. just remember not to light any fire in a fume filled glovebox. :)

fahtster

#7 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 05:41 PM

A glovebox works like a charm...You will find less or perhaps no need once you figure out what you can do with your newly built glovebox to even make syringes anymore..

#8 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:32 PM

wayback i dont see how you think it is necessary for innoculations i have innoc'd many a jar in the open and dont really get any contams at all unless of course you are talking about othere than brf in which case i havent done that:)

#9 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

don't forget to make your glovebox big enough to work in, unlike myself :eusa_doh:

#10 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:22 AM

making syringes without a glovebox is easy, i actually prefer not using the glovebox for syringes and innocs, its extra work to use one in my eyes. My contam rates are so low that i dont really see the need at this time.

I have a glovebox specifically for grain to grain, working on open lc's and a few other sterile procedures..

The beginning grower can easily cultivate without using a glovebox.

syringes can be made by using the ziplock bag method, place the print in bag... inject sterile water with a syringe and suck it back up into the syringe... easy as pie.

innoculation can be done w/ a very low contam rate by simply keeping your area clean and cutting off all air circulation if possible. Innoc in a small empty room if you can like a closet or bathroom, always wear clean clothes, use oust or lysol for the air sanitization, put some ISO alcohol in a spray bottle and add some water to dilute and you can use that to spray down all surfaces. IMO all open air procedures just come down to cleanliness.

#11 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:44 AM

must the print be clean then before placed in the bag? and how does it dry off if it is a paper print?

#12 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:44 AM

i was assuming you didnt have the print on paper, as paper is a poor print medium. I believe it was in TMC that i read about paper having just enough nutrients to germinate spores, assuming that its on foil you can wipe w/ alcohol, if its on tyvek then i guess your probably sol on cleaning it because alcohol will soak through the tyvek, thats why when i print on tyvek i print inside a bag and leave the print in the bag w/o any air inside after the cap has been removed.

#13 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:21 AM

Thx. it will be foil from now on. or maybe glass also.:) :)

#14 night_ryder

night_ryder

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

this is what i plan to do, to make spore syringes

spray the glove box with a mixture with bleach and water (all materils aready in there...the mushroom cap in there cleaned with h202 and a wine glass pc'd), let the mushroom cap sporlate in the wine glass for a day, then use sterilised syringe to inject water into the wine glass and use needle tip to seperate spores from the glass. then i will leave it in there for 24 hours (to let the spores soak) then i will innoc 4 jars and one jar of lc, i will do this 3 times, incase that if one batch of innoc gets contamed not all my work would be for nothing. this will take around 3 days and seems alot of work for just making syringes. but becoming self sufficent is the first step right.

tell me if anythings wrong with this. i might substitute the wine glass for something else, but i think the shape of the glass helps the spores to drop to the bottom, so when i mix it with the syringe needle more spores will be in the syringe in the end.

then i might birth the 6 best out of the 12 jars and let the other do what they wish. after the first flush i will use put all the cakes in the glove box, and make a big flat cake and case it with verm and let it fruit.

#15 night_ryder

night_ryder

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

i might even try clone, the largest mushroom presently by rubbing it with h202 and then dropping the body tissue into an lc, if it contams i throw it away, if it doesn't i use it in 1 1/2

#16 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

I have never done clone work but i am pretty sure that if you are you need to cut a piece of clean tissue from the inner stalk of the shroom and the drop it in the lc. And i am pretty sure you can dip that piece of inner tissue into some peroxide for a few seconds to be on the safe side just make sure you use clean tools while doing all of this this b/c from what i have read cloning work can contam very easily(as well as lc)!! I am sure someone who has done cloning work wil be by shortly to say whether i am right or wrong

#17 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 05:44 PM

and as far as the print idea goes i have never taken a print either but you will have way WAY less contamination rates if you suck the solution back into the syringe and let it rehydrate in the syringe....i mean why let it sit in an open glass to rehydrate when you can have it in a sterile syringe right?

#18 night_ryder

night_ryder

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 442 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:06 AM

Ok thanks when i get my golve box, i will start making prints, in a few days.

#19 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:44 AM

Cloning work...contams? where...haha there are selective cloning mediums.
Try using cardboard. Cut a disk out and take one layer of card off so it is corrigated and scrape leftover glue off. I use a small jamjar with a lid with a drilled hole with tyvek glued over. A shallow jar makes life easy for later scalpel work. PC the jar with wet card disk for 20 mins..

Take a fresh mushie, wipe with alcohol, in glovebox tear open and cut a virgin untouched piece from inside with sterile scalpel. Cap or stem no matter. And it takes like agar.. The rhizo's run like agar, its works so well. thanks to whoever wrote the tek.

I've got button and oyster clones at the moment from store bought shrooms...

Works well to clone off your best cluster of a multispore flush, then use that as a master. Yeilds go up considerably...

#20 spyker

spyker

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:46 AM

My foaf is ashamed to say that in a few years now... he has never made a print. :( Never had the need to, he still has his first print. A little goes a looooooooooooooong way with g2g and clones.
  • mycotopia77 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!