Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Great stuff Tusk! Keep it coming.

#22 thejackle

thejackle

Smile =)

• Expired Member
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

been thinking about renting a bill board and advertising the legalization of weed...... i have a feeling like no billboard places around here would work with me though....but then again don't have any cash to blow on a billboard X/

a wish is all...

just put happy faces, with a giant pot leaf and the word legalize.
subliminally link weed with smiley faces and happiness....

#23 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Just go out at night and paint the billboard white or black, then put whatever u want on it.........Its FREE!! heheh just got to buy the paints, oh and rock climbing gear to get up there.............

#24 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

ALeqM5gLKN1I_jAyiv8tKXJqmb9Tb5ZjVw.jpg

A policy barring foreign tourists from buying marijuana in the Netherlands has come into effect in parts of the country, with attention focused on the southern city of Maastricht, where a cafe was warned over violating the ban and around 200 smokers marched in protest.

Weed is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but it has been sold openly for decades in small amounts in designated cafes known as "coffee shops" under the country's famed tolerance policy.

http://www.google.co...31335889850909A

#25 Yeshua

Yeshua

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

The planet will weep the day Monsanto introduces a terminator gene to the hemp species.

#26 thejackle

thejackle

Smile =)

• Expired Member
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

don't ever say that.... i would make my lifes mission to end monsanto, and i know a lot of other people that would aswell.....

#27 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Ayahuasca May Hold Key to Breaking Addiction, But Canada Is Forcing Doctor to Stop Testing

LO-RES-FEA-Photo-ayahuasca-04-downtown-eastside-Vancouver-skid-row-AP090921179678-e1335378712979.jpg

Do you see them? All over Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside there are junkies, addicts and alkies. On street corners, in alleys, lurking outside the ancient hotels. All over Downtown Eastside there’s also help available for junkies, addicts, alkies—detox programs, 12-step meetings, residential treatment centers, methadone clinics, safe-injection protocols. Some of the programs are sponsored by the local churches. There are also doctors and shrinks and healers and pipe carriers and studies and grants and.… It goes on.

And yet there always are more junkies, addicts and alkies in Eastside.

http://indiancountry...-testing-110073

#28 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hundreds of Economists: Marijuana Prohibition Costs Billions, Legalization Would Earn Billions

blog_marijuana.jpg

Over 300 economists, including three Nobel Laureates, recently signed a petition that encourages the president, Congress, governors and state legislatures to carefully consider marijuana legalization in America. The petition draws attention to an article by Harvard economist Jeffrey Miron, whose findings highlight the substantial cost-savings our government could incur if it were to tax and regulate marijuana, rather than needlessly spending billions of dollars enforcing its prohibition.

http://digg.com/news...tm_medium=email

Two amazing things about this: -
1) There is an upside to the global recession; arrogant policies that don't make economic sense are becoming harder to justify :teeth:
2) This news article was voted into the top 5 most popular by Digg. That is huge!

Edited by Tusk Bilasimo, 04 May 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#29 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Why Nancy Pelosi is Right to Slam Obama's War on Pot

blogteaser_large080325nancypelosiquellinfighting.jpg

“I have strong concerns about the recent actions by the federal government that threaten the safe access of medicinal marijuana to alleviate the suffering of patients in California, and undermine a policy that has been in place under which the federal government did not pursue individuals whose actions complied with state laws providing for medicinal marijuana,” she said.

“Proven medicinal uses of marijuana include improving the quality of life for patients with cancer, HIV/AIDS, multiple sclerosis, and other severe medical conditions,” she added. “I am pleased to join organizations that support legal access to medicinal marijuana, including the American Nurses Association, the Lymphoma Foundation of America, and the AIDS Action Council. Medicinal marijuana alleviates some of the most debilitating symptoms of AIDS, including pain, wasting, and nausea. The opportunity to ease the suffering of people who are seriously ill or enduring difficult and painful therapies is an opportunity we must not ignore.”.

http://www.alternet....ot/?page=entire

#30 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hey guys did you see in COLOMBIA?

"The Colombian House of Representatives Wednesday passed the first draft of a bill that seeks to legalize illicit crops."

The Colombian House of Representatives Wednesday passed the first draft of a bill that seeks to legalize illicit crops.
The initiative calls for the decriminalization of growing plants such as coca, marijuana and opium poppies in the country.
Representative Hugo Velasquez Jaramillo, who proposed the bill, explained that although the cultivation of plants would be legal under the new legislation, the processing and trafficking of drugs would remain subject to criminal sentencing.
According to Velazquez, congress cannot move forward with the “failed drug policy pursued by the governments of Colombia and the United States.”
“The important thing is that we have the opportunity to listen to congressmen from [drug] producing regions and hear from different government officials, not just those in opposition [of the bill] with Minister of Justice Juan Carlos Esguerra,” he said.
Velazquez also reminded the government that drug crop legalization is an agricultural issue as well as a legal matter.
Minister of Justice Juan Carlos Esguerra reiterated that the government is staunchly opposed to the proposed legislation, saying this is a “turning point in the fight against drugs” and it is not yet time to make a policy change.
“It’s not the time to anticipate a set of rules on this issue (…) this cannot work like the Lone Ranger,” he added.

http://colombiarepor...tion-bill-.html

#31 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

Medical Marijuana Raids To Continue After House Defeats Defunding Bill

s-SAM-FARR-large.jpg

Of the 190 Democrats in the House, 134 (more than 70 percent) voted in favor of the bill. Only 29 of the 242 House Republicans (less than 12 percent) did.

WASHINGTON -- A bipartisan measure that would have eliminated funding for federal raids on medical marijuana dispensaries in states where they're legal failed Wednesday in the House of Representatives. The legislation, introduced by Reps. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.), Sam Farr (D-Calif.), Maurice Hinchey (D-N.Y.), and Tom McClintock (R-Calif.), was part of the appropriations bill to fund the Department of Justice for fiscal 2013. It failed 262-163.

http://www.huffingto..._n_1507978.html
  • bugs likes this

#32 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

yxydkd_HE88

VCf2fJsBxRc

#33 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Ayahuasca, iboga, the gentle weed. All have been shown to have promise for the treatment of addictions. All are demonized and forbidden by our Dear Leaders.

These people have no interest in exploring any kind of new treatment that doesn't fit their preconcieved notions. They pontificate about the "drug problem" but actively oppose anything that holds promise.

“If ayahuasca isn’t patented, who will fund these trials?" From the article about ayahuasca as a treatment for addiction. That attitude is part of the dogma of science as a religion, along with the belief that science ultimately holds all the answers. The belief that current scientific methodology is the only way to solve every kind of problem.

Some of them are sucking up to the ignorant and self-serving politicians, dogmatists and other muckety-mucks who hold the swords and the purse strings. Some of them are just too fossilized and stupid to see what's in front of their faces. Not a fucking one of them really gives a sweet shit.

#34 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Nicely put Bugs, as disappointing as the situation is I suppose we can take some hope in that the issues are being debated and voted on. While at a federal level the wheels tragically slower, some states are making progress.

Thanks Hyp loved the the song & video

Edited by Tusk Bilasimo, 13 May 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#35 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Expired Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

colombia

#36 benderislord

benderislord

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 844 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

so sad that all of these so called "commy nations" are on the fore front of rational thought
in the form of "drug" policy i dont think that this nation will ever have enough intelligent
leaders in office that will change these terrible laws allowing for crimes against humanity
and enslave our families everyday
i weep for the once great american nation for it fell under the heaviness of empty coward's heads

#37 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

I feel sorry for the Mexicans....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...merica-18052540

they just found 49 Dismembered bodies....

• 9 May 2012: 18 corpses found in two abandoned vehicles near Guadalajara
  • 4 May 2012: 23 bodies found in Nuevo Laredo
  • November 2011: 26 bodies discovered in Guadalajara, western Mexico
  • September 2011: The remains of 35 people found in Veracruz
  • August 2010 Bodies of 72 migrants from Central And South America found in T
THE CARTELS HAVE BEEN BUSY.............

imagine all these dead poeple just so asshole fat ass americans can do their drugs......

#38 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

It Is Time To Legalize All Drugs

Cannabis_female_flowers_close-up.jpeg

I have a right to ingest/smoke whatever I want and to explore the contents of “my own mind” in the process, so long as I am not hurting anyone else, even if it kills me. This is a human right, albeit one that few people think of.

http://www.disinfo.c...lize-all-drugs/

#39 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

New York judge writes impassioned defense of medical marijuana

California-medical-mariju-007.jpg

A New York state supreme court judge has written an impassioned plea to legalize medical marijuana in the state, potentially taking New York one step closer to becoming the 17th state in the nation to allow use of the drug as a palliative.

In an op-ed piece in Thursday's New York Times, justice Gustin L Reichbach writes eloquently of his three-and-a-half-year long battle with prostate cancer. He describes enduring chemotherapy, brutal surgery, radiation, constant nausea and insomnia. The only remedy that has given him a modicum of relief has been marijuana.

http://www.guardian....k?newsfeed=true

#40 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 798 posts

Donator

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Group argues weed is safer than booze

hdr-globe-central.gif

120516061017-colorado-marijuana-billboard-story-top.jpg

Denver (CNN) -- A Colorado advocacy group is spending thousands of dollars to convince people that smoking pot is safer than drinking alcohol.

It's an attempt by the Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol to rally support for a vote in November that would legalize the drug for recreational use. Colorado legalized marijuana for medical use in 2000.

"The goal is the choice -- to make sure adults have the choice to use a less harmful substance than alcohol," Tvert said.

http://edition.cnn.c.../><br /></span>

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!