• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 scotia

scotia

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:07 AM

I've got a couple of GT cakes (spores ordered from a sponsor) that went into the FC 2 days ago. While colonizing/incubating the myc grew very fast and very rhizomorphic. The humdity in th FC is around 97/98% and temps around 84f (impossible to get down as I live in a hot place).
As you can see from the photos, since I put in the FC 2 days ago they now seem to be growing the fluffier type of myc for some reason. Will these turn into pins or will it keep growing myc? I don't understand it but I've seen this before and in that case the fluffy stuff just kept growing and growing and didn't yeild any pins. The cakes don't show any type of contams and have a nice, clean mushroomy scent. Plus I fan them several times a day - I'm doing everything as standard and nothing out the ordinary. Am I getting worried prematurely here? What's going on? Any advice?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02699.JPG
  • DSC02702.JPG
  • DSC02694.JPG

#62 scotia

scotia

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:32 AM

If it effects any forthcoming answers, I'm also using a bubble stone in the FC for the first time.

#63 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:44 AM

often we see that, the mycellia just likes the high humidity, not a problem.

#64 scotia

scotia

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:49 AM

Cheers, Hippie *breaths sigh of relief*

#65 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:59 AM

They look great to me too Scotia...just a matter of time...GT is what i'm growing on poo cakes now - nice strain....

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!