lol

#183 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:11 PM

Im reminded of an ostrich burrying its head in order to hide.Posted Image
If they day comes that the above events come to pass and then you try to prepare, its all ready to late. It happens in other parts of the world its bound to make it here some day Again....

#184 Guest_tehutiroo_*

Guest_tehutiroo_*

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:37 PM

*** HIP, not too delve into non-survivalism talk, but there are a few feelings that I can't hold back after reading this ***

That was interesting. IF any of us survive what is coming we must be prepared to survive in a totally different reality, culture, and existence.

We can collect all the food we want to, we can make our plans to survive etc. Its my opinion that what lay on the other side of this event, or series of events is something we are going to have to live in the rest of our lives.

It might be interesting to do a simple "meditation " of sorts. Imagine this:

1: 7 out of 10 people in the world are DEAD.

2: There is no power, no sanitation, no police, phone etc. No Internet.

3: The seeds you plant in the ground the first year die, nothing will grow. You will have to scavenge your first year. Raiding the canned goods sections of of stores.

4: Rotting bodies are EVERYWHERE you look. Imagine the sights and smells. Sickness will be everywhere among the living.

5: Roads/highways are usless due to wreaked cars, trucks, etc.

6: There are massive chemical spills everywhere. The air, water, and subsurface water table is contaminated. There are many factories that will spew their poisons with no one to man the controls. There will be problems with nuclear power plants also.

7: More than half of the people will be in a state of shock for the rest of their lives. There will be people who cannot communicate roaming around the streets. Most of these people will die of starvation in the first year. This will add to the rotting corpse problem.

8: There will be MANY children with no parents roaming around. Do you share your food with them? You will see adults using them as food...

9: There will be a small group of military people who may try to restore order. Should you join them?

10: Everything you have known and trusted in the past is GONE. Almost everyone close to you is dead. Perhaps you are the only member of your family to survive. Your wife, mom, dad and children are dead. How will you deal with this fact?

All of this is possible. I have "seen" a gigantic explosion in the west. The entire sky turing orange, red and black. I hold out my hand as compact "spheres" of ash the size of marbles rain, as light as a feather, down a few hours later. Everything turns black, no more blue sky, no green grass, just black. This has been a reoccurring dream I have had for many years. A very vivid one at that.

Right now, I just feel like I need to get the hell out of Babylon. In fact, I am REALY watching things to know when I have nothing to lose by bailing. There are so many signs to say that things are not heading down the road of destruction. Perhaps it could come from nature itself, terrorists, etc. Our brave new world is a VERY complex place. I have always found that complex "things" break down VERY fast from the most simple of things. They take constant maintenance to operate without a total failure. When they do fail, it takes a very long time to put them back into working order.

#185 Guest_tehutiroo_*

Guest_tehutiroo_*

Posted 11 October 2004 - 11:55 PM

Hmmm..

There is a part of me that tells myself this. I hope you enjoyed 2004. I hope you enjoyed the holidays, my money, the good life etc. Becouse 2005 is looking real ugly from where I stand. Maybe our house of cards will not survive what may happen this year. Something has to give, be it the divisions in our own society; ie the elections and all the fallout that will happen no matter who wins, or something that will hit us out of the blue, like another 911 type thing from a totaly differant source. This would create a very interesting situation. Almost all of our resources are being used in the middle east, imagine if we where hit from asia, and from the south. A total supprise...

#186 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 12 October 2004 - 06:58 AM

america hasn't yet even mobilized for all-out war
so don't think that our resources aren't up to the task.
on the day japan attacked pearl harbor
our recruits at boot camp
were training with wooden rifles and mock-ups of tanks, etc. because we had no real ones to give them.
a couple years later we had the largest military ever assembled in the West.

#187 Guest_tehutiroo_*

Guest_tehutiroo_*

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

Very true, but our country was not as divided as it is now. We have a wide open boarder to our south, and millions of illegal aliens now within our boarders.

Check this out: http://www.aztlan.net/

This group represents millions of undocumented, illegal aliens. It is growing by leaps and bounds, it has middle eastern ties, and is untouchable.

#188 rio

rio

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

TehutiRoo, If what you dreamt aboutPosted Image ever happens,
I hope I am one of the lucky dead people!

We all should try meditating on more positive "up beat" things,
I am not saying we should not be prepared for a possible disaster,
just relax, breath and live life to the fullest after we do!
Posted Image

#189 Guest_jj_*

Guest_jj_*

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:56 PM

Perhaps our society could use a good cleansing.

=============

├ćnema

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
Certainly hope we will.
I sure could use a vacation from this...

bull shit three ring circus side show of...Freaks!

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, see you down in Arizona bay.

Fret for your figure and
Fret for your latte and
Fret for your lawsuit and
Fret for your hairpiece and
Fret for your prozac and
Fret for your pilot and
Fret for your contract and
Fret for your car. - It's a

Bull shit three ring cir cus side show of...Freaks!

Here in this hopeless fucking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any fucking time. Any fucking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.
And some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
Certainly hope we will...
I sure could use a vacation from this...

...Stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to beeeeeeee.......

Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard and
Fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabe's.

Learn to swim.Learn to swim.Learn to swim. Learn to swim.Learn to swim.Learn to swim.Learn to swim.Learn to swim.Learn to swim.

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies and
Fuck your short memory.

Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim. Learn to swim.

Yeah, Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.

cuz I'm praying for rain
I'm praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna see it go riding down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away.

Yeah, Time to bring it down again.

Yeah, Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines.

Yeah, I can't imagine why you wouldn't welcome any change, my friend.

I wanna see it come down.
bring it down.
suck it down.
flush it down

-Tool

(Message edited by jj_downstream on October 12, 2004)

#190 rio

rio

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image to Tool

#191 Guest_tehutiroo_*

Guest_tehutiroo_*

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

We should be prepared mentaly and physicly. Something may happen, something may not. I will say that people who smoke should quit NOW rather than later. One does not want to be looking for a pack of smokes in hell, going through nicotine withdraw etc.

We should not go insane about this stuff. Being prepared for anything and living your life from day to day is the best thing to do no matter what.

#192 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:23 AM

only 20 days left
did you hear about the senator
who, after his latest Homeland Security briefing
yesterday
closed down his office in DC and told his constituents not to go to the capital until
after the election ?

(Message edited by admin on October 13, 2004)

#193 rio

rio

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 02:37 PM

Scary.Posted Image

#194 Guest_tehutiroo_*

Guest_tehutiroo_*

Posted 13 October 2004 - 04:18 PM

"only 20 days left
did you hear about the senator
who, after his latest Homeland Security briefing
yesterday
closed down his office in DC and told his constituents not to go to the capital until
after the election ?"

Yes, I have also heard that many goverment officials have moved their families out of the DC area.

Check this out: http://www.washtimes...1643- 5028r.htm

#195 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:10 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Check this out: http://www.washtimes...0041013-121643- 5028r.htm<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
yeah
i had heard about that
now there is truly scary stuff eh ?

#196 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

The reality of it all is we dont when or if or what type of shit is going to go down. If it comes down to something Biological that is unleashed by nature its self there is realy nothing that can be done to prevent or combat it. Other then commplete and total isolation from other groups of pepole , asuming that it is spread person to person. If its something that is spred by the animal kindom that a whole diffrent story. If its a plauge unleashed by man isolation is the only answer .
If its radiation related that can be delt with to an extent provided the levels are not to high.
Complete meltdown of our society seems to be what most views expressed here tend to lean towards.
That is delt with pretty simply out where I am. Most homes out here have fire arms and communitys will bond together.
If its natural disaster oyu can be prepaird for that as well so long as its not cataclismic.

There are just so many diffrent ways that we can have our way of life wipped out from under us.
We can prepair for a good portion of it but there is so much that you just cant prepare for , when something like that happens you must simply learn to adapt to what now lays before you . The more knowledge you obtain and retain the better off you will be in a situation like this .
The main reason I belive im prepaired for damn near anything is knowledge in my head, my will to live, my resourcefull skills and the knowledge to put what resources I have to work. ive got my supplies to last four winter months without a prblem I can stretch them 6 months if need be. Amunition accuracy and alternatives.

I hope I never have to use the skills and supplys I have but if needed there at my disposal.

#197 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

the destruction of a national economy is the most serious long term threat, imo.
the economic impact of a widespread panic and civil disorder would be devastating
esp. to the poor, elderly, disabled, etc.
many would die of hunger, cold, etc.
proly more than any terrorist could hope to kill outright.
we lost over a million jobs and a trillion dollars just from 9/11
which was, militarily speaking,
a fairly insignificant attack.
an attack much more devastating would unleash far greater consequences for all of us just barely getting by.

#198 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:00 PM

The Posabilitys are endless. For example Here is a little tid bit on North Korea. If we provoked them it would be devistation complete. North Korea is pretty much the only Major threat we face that could wipe us out for the most part not to say they would be able to but the posability is there.
For instance THIS
Article here abought the USA Considering what a war with north Korea might consist of namely 1 million US dead in the first 24 hours estimated by the Us Govt. And thats a low number to be sure...
North Korea has spent the last 50 years planning for this. The missiles are already in place, and the tunnels are already dug. All they have to do is pull the trigger."
Hell heres an article from 2 days ago discussing North korea going to war if We bring them in front of the UN for sanctions for refusing to go to talks with the US.
Honestly I think North Korea is our laegest threat right now and yet you never hear anything in the news abought them... The Bush Teams have tightend the reins as far as information dissemination goes.
It could go really wrong at any time.....
Peace and Thoughts to all....

#199 Guest_tehutiroo_*

Guest_tehutiroo_*

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

George Washington had a vision of our nation being invaded. I wish I could find the link.. If anyone knows of this please post it. It is very interesting to the subject matter at hand.

#200 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Honestly I think North Korea is our laegest threat right now and yet you never hear anything in the news abought them... The Bush Teams have tightend the reins as far as information dissemination goes.
It could go really wrong at any time.....
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

we really only need to worry
about an unprovoked/suprise all-out nuclear attack
from north korea
which seems highly unlikely
considering
they've never even tested a bomb yet.
they only have a few untested devices
and they must also factor in
the usa missile defenses now coming into place
and wonder how many of their half dozen or so
nukes actually make it to the targets
plus you'd think they'd want to hold a few back in reserve as bargaining chips.
i suspect that if the usa thought an attack
was coming, the military would strike pre-emptively and north korea would never even get a chance to launch, as steath bombers dropped bunker-penetrating nuclear bombs and high altitude EMP bombs, sub launched ballistic/cruise missiles could strike in minutes with hardly any warning,
so i suspect things will remain quiet on the korean front for the near future.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!