• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#221 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:08 PM

I've heard tell of a large inauguration day protest. Don't think a protest of this scale has been organized for an inauguration since Nixon. Maybe Bush will have .30 cal machine guns inside the Pentagon like Nixon did. Got a friend in D.C. so I'll try to post pics.

#222 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:51 PM

So what's wrong with dining on human flesh? All the greats did it...Jesus, King George III, Hitler, Genghis Kahn, and Elmo.
Mmm, biceps in Marsala...roast leg with mango chutney...
All joking aside, we should get a couple thousand people together and rush the whitehouse with pitchforks, torches and BBQ sauce.

#223 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:34 AM

plz keep that crap out of our thread,
this is a serious discussion.

#224 yogi

yogi

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 10:00 AM

OK, aside from the obvious silliness I did get an idea. Remember those old Frankenstein movies where people with torches surrounded the castle demanding the monster come out to be dealt with? Howabout a huge protest at the white house with 100,000 protesters with torches!

#225 agency

agency

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 December 2004 - 01:15 PM

OPEC is switching to the Euro; this poses a huge fundamental problem for the US on economic stability. It has been said that the war in Iraq is directly related to this -though not as the only factor of course.

The first link: might ask for a password, I had originally posted to just hit cancel and stop in your browser. But it occurred to me this might be construed as cracking or something, which was never my intention, even in the process of hitting cancel. I've since gone back to the site and it did not ask, so I don't know. Hippie your thoughts are welcome.

http://www.ciss.ca/C..._GunsButter.htm
http://www.opec.org/...eSpainApr14.htm
896202%2C00.html,http://observer.guar...,896202,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.u...ic/2531 833.stm
http://www.atimes.co...n/DD11Dj01.html
http://www.iranexper...oil23august.htm

I will try to get some more info (sources) posted later.

(Message edited by agency on December 25, 2004)

(Message edited by agency on December 25, 2004)

#226 shroomzhilla

shroomzhilla

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:21 AM

Iposted long ago that the ar in Iraq had some to do with saddams plans to convert to the EURO/oil standard. I predicted over 6 yrs ago we'd begin changing our currency to get the public used to it changing so that a change to a "continent dollar" would happen to combat the EURO. and look at whats in your wallet!
a world order will happen evenually, we in the US only hope we end up as the central ruling class.
oops forgot the nuke in the world.
its best to always be prepared for the worst and then each good day seems a blessing.
got my stocks and whatnot ready since y2k for a lesson !

#227 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:44 AM

I truly dont understand the whole economic thing as far as money markets go.
I do understand what a colapse in our economy would bring abought without question.
Im just a bit slow on how a changing money market
would cause such a collapse.
The only way I can picture it in my head is to liken it to the fall of sadams regiem. Where his money lost all value. Since this has happened just what are the people of Iraq using for currency. Did we convert them to the dolar and just trade the Dinar? for dollars?
Im just not to clear on the whole monetery implicatin and how it all works....
Call me simple.....Posted Image

#228 kashkalgar

kashkalgar

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:23 PM

Well, I havent read this entire thread, just the beginning and the end.
At one point Hip said something that caught my ear. Something about where to go when the fit hits the shan.
I suggest Rural Arkansas. There is plenty of space in the ozark mountains. My extended family will be dominating the northwest corner, so just mention my alias. They all know it.
Eastern Arkansas = good farm land, but already raped 10 ways from sunday.
Lets all meet in the Ozarks. Posted Image

#229 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:44 PM

So just how hard would it be for our little comunity here to put together some basic survival teks. Pics and all. Meat storage /presevation, medical knowledge, basic power, weapons, shelters, proper knot tying, farming, long term survival stratigies.
We could all band together per say in the pursuit of survival.

#230 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:41 PM

just takes someone willing to put in the time to assemble the info and post it,
which actually was my intention
but alas, my time is already spent

#231 maliki

maliki

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:29 PM

hmm my time is tight as well but I can work on one or two at some point here...

#232 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:02 PM

that'd be much appreciated, friend.

#233 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:54 AM

When it comes to dropping high voltage lines, one insulator ain't enough as it's designed to lose 2 in series & be cool as long as they don't go at the same time. Now a piece of 12/2 romex 20' long & folded in half cast at them produces a great short. Inductance sucks it right in if you even come close. I used to have to blow out a specific alarm clock to go see an old girlfriend in highschool on weekdays & 3 or 5 times a month I got desperate enough to do that. One little neighborhood, now it's probably a terrosist act. Knowing what I now do about 13-2 (13,200 v) I'd think twice but for her I'd probably still do it. Actually I know I would but I'd be real careful about being grounded.
An interesting lawsuit in Ca. was a farmer whom set a Honda generator (not running) at the bottom of a high voltage tower on his land. The coils of conductor in the inductance field produced low voltage (110 v) that was usable. They found the voltage drop on their lines & sued him but lost as it was decided the power co. didn't own the air between the lines & his generator.
Upon actually paying more attention to this thread, I have knot diagrams I can find & post. I totally got basic power covered & some advanced, feel free to ask questions. If I don't know it I can find & explain in laymans terms but safety is the biggest deal. Maybe I can post basic safety for electrical procedures. Now Hip swimming up to a panel to shut it off, even if your hand is bone dry thats balls. I'd just get safe & wait for it to short out before I did that, as I know exactly the implications of such an act. I'd grab the weatherhead outside the house, separate the conductors of the S.E. (service entrance) cable & cut them individually & cap them off long before I went line voltage scuba diving." Line" v for houses is 220, "low" is 110, voltage doesn't add in a linear fashion, +/- 10% is acceptable but the multiplier is 1.73 for A.C (110, 115, 120 is the same deal). Houses are supplied w 110, 110, a neutral & ground. Any questions I know off the top of my head I'll varify w/sources just because in this thread it might be someones' life counting on it but I think I'll try to find some safety literature & basic first aid maybe tomorrow.
Around here the license test is still on '99 N.E.C. (National Electrical Code) but I'm actually more familiar w/2002. Inspectors/counties are usually atleast one code book behind, why in a mystery but it seems like gov lag & a money thing. I can quote verse & scripture from them but a layman who picks one up (code book) wouldn't know what the hell it means due to archaic language which they do deliberately because Harry Homeowner has no business trying to interpret it.

#234 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:50 AM

Hip swimming up to a panel to shut it off, even if your hand is bone dry thats balls. I'd just get safe & wait for it to short out before I did that, as I know exactly the implications of such an act.

lol
i knew the implications, too
just had a basement full of weed
and could not risk the authorities coming out...
in my world
death beats 20 years in the pen.

#235 Guest_JT_*

Guest_JT_*

Posted 25 February 2005 - 07:21 AM

fuck the police fuck the police fuck em

#236 Lefty

Lefty

Arrogant Asshole

• Expired Member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 11:35 AM

I'm sure you did Hip, but HOLY SHIT! Guess it killed the plants :(. I think after that I'd have put the panel in the attic, next to all the shrooms:).

#237 littlefaucher

littlefaucher

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:17 PM

9/11 really was a minor attack. Look at how much that offset our economy, how much tragedy it brought to the citizens...and no matter how much of a tragedy it was, it was still a warning shot to what could be coming next..

I don't hate Bush..I love laughing at him and watching his everyday struggles in the Whitehouse, but he really is messing things up. Declaring war on Iran would be a death wish.

I have the same feeling of a big attack coming...makes me think twice about investing in a business here in the U.S... My advice to survive would be leaving the U.S. Chances are, you will not be killed by any attacks here in the U.S. if you stay, but the economic crisis will be harsh..

every empire ends, and it seems the end of the U.S. empire is soon approaching

#238 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:22 PM

it seems the end of the U.S. empire is soon approaching

i sure wouldn't bet money on that,
the usa is exercising
great restraint
considering the arsenal at its' disposal.
i'd bet they'd use those weapons
before they accept any defeat like you envision.
if the usa goes down
it's taking the rest of the world
with it.

#239 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:23 PM

Guess it killed the plants

a few but not all,
i quickly salvaged what i could
once we pumped the water out.

#240 littlefaucher

littlefaucher

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:26 PM

The idea of living somewhere like the Ozarks, living a simple and easy life farming food and growing nevilles haze and shrooms sounds good...I'm tempted to not wait for disaster and just beat everyone else to it.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!