#121 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

As usual, I will beat the drum for Velikovsky again.

...so many major climatic, seismic, volcanic, and who-knows-what-else changes...

Read Worlds In Collision and Earth In Upheaval.   Perhaps the catastrophes of 3,500 and 2,700 years ago helped bury the fallout of the apparent nuclear wars, spoken of in the Vedas, or whatever corruptive fallout from misused energy systems that Edgar Cayce told us of that helped bring the fall of Atlantis.   Without the extremes of the several global destructions V. told us of being considered, and under the scheme of Uniformitarianism, after the Charleses, Lyell and Darwin, our dating methods and biases lead us yet farther astray.  Our forebears tried to tell us what happened.  They tried so hard.   As psychiatrist, Velikovsky has diagnosed, we suffer from "collective amnesia."   They wrote it all down, but in two to three generations, natural history started becoming myth and metaphor.

North America and Northern Europe were still covered by massive glaciers at the time...

And yet, when we circle these latitudes 180 degrees, what do we find?  No evidence of glaciation in the same epoch at similar latitudes, but if we travel north from there, flash-frozen mammoths with temperate plants frozen in their mouths!   When will the most recent ice age myth be seen as evidence of a more recent axis shift?   Look at the glacial lakes of North America, going all the way up to Great Slave and Great Bear Lakes, and down through Lake Winnipeg and the American Great Lakes, and you can see the old Arctic Circle, scraped into the Earth's crust.

From what I see, using my sources, humans have slipped their own nooses before, but it took cosmic catastrophes to allow a few Adam and Eve scenarios here and there, and not human cleverness, to do the job.  

So, when is Nibiru getting here?   Is this why so many of the world's top politicos have been visiting Antarctica of late, to see the incoming planet, visible only from the far south? 

• TVCasualty likes this

#122 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,042 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

This is disturbing as we all know nuke plants are death.

The powers that be in my state still want to build another nuke generator though the people are opposed to not only building another one but against providing the 50 billion they want us to pay to build this killer.

I live 2 hours west of one nuke plant and 2 hours east of another, plus we have missile silos not far away under farm fields.
Plenty of military here no one hears about.

Our water supply might be destroyed a lot sooner though due to pipe lines under our river and land. Only a few weeks ago one pipeline broke spilling onto farmland, good thing it was very cold as that caused it to pool onto farm land so it could be dug out and hauled away to a hazardous waste facility. I am sure they did not get it all and it was a big spill.

Nuke power plants are so much worse.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 09 February 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#123 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

I'm not necessarily sold on the axis shift as much as the possibility of the crust shifting/slipping over the molten core in the same manner. Still, we're thinking of serious cataclysm on a global scale in a very short time frame, like "today"...............slip, tilt/shift...............tropical folks still in their fancy bathing clothes frozen into new glaciers...........Hairy cold weather beasts (including humans) now roasting in a tropical climate................our ego's can grow to whatever bloated proportions they will.............Mother Earth will check and balance that bullshit from time to time...or things just are as they are and we simply do not understand.....IMHO 

Hope I have time to get some mycelium stashed for the trip...................

A

Edited by Arathu, 09 February 2017 - 04:26 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#124 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:59 PM

Only a few weeks ago one pipeline broke spilling onto farmland, good thing it was very cold as that caused it to pool onto farm land so it could be dug out and hauled away to a hazardous waste facility. I am sure they did not get it all and it was a big spill.

If that was the one I heard about, it was diesel, and that shit penetrates most anything fast.

#125 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

I'm not necessarily sold on the axis shift as much as the possibility of the crust shifting/slipping over the molten core in the same manner. Still, we're thinking of serious cataclysm on a global scale in a very short time frame, like "today"...............slip, tilt/shift...............tropical folks still in their fancy bathing clothes frozen into new glaciers...........Hairy cold weather beasts (including humans) now roasting in a tropical climate................our ego's can grow to whatever bloated proportions they will.............Mother Earth will check and balance that bullshit from time to time...or things just are as they are and we simply do not understand.....IMHO 

Hope I have time to get some mycelium stashed for the trip...................

A

Have you read the two books I mentioned above.  You should. 

Yeah, call it crustal slippage.  But given the right forces, nothing is eternally stable.  Crustal slippage says there are rotating spheres within rotating spheres.  Highly possible, even if hollow within.

#126 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,042 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:19 PM

Alder it was diesel.

#127 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Have you read the two books I mentioned above.  You should.

They are in my wish lists now................. :biggrin:

You guys have me reading Lao-tzu now..................hahahaha.............. getting happier for no reason.............. :hug:

A

Edited by Arathu, 09 February 2017 - 06:32 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#128 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Arathu, I will tell you this about Worlds In Collision; it was number one on the NYT non-fiction best seller list when the "scientists" of 1950 threatened MacMillan Books (world's biggest text book publisher) with a boycott and forced them to drop its publication.  To this day, those 1950 scientists have been proven wrong about point after point about which Velikovsky has been proven right. 

I just finished reading this one a few months back:  The Velikovsky Heresies: Worlds In Collision and Ancient Catastrophes Revisited, by Laird Scranton. It is an up to date review of so many ways it has been shown that Velikovsky was years ahead of his contemporaries, and he did it by fathoming what the ancients were trying to record for our posterity.   They saw shit in the heavens that kicked interplanetary ass.   They saw mountains melt, great forests burn, no building remain standing, and seas pour across continents.  But no one who wasn't there for it could believe it down the line.   In Earth In Upheaval, the case file is limited to the testimony of, as Velikovsky calls it, "the stones and bones," the archaeological and geological record. 

I have written this kind of stuff here many times, but it was when you were on hiatus.  So, the others here have to put up with seeing me do it again.  :-)

• Arathu and Neptunechild like this

#129 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,120 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:02 PM

Just saw this in Japan Today...

Free day pass skiiing at Fukashima.

https://www.japantod...oreign-tourists

#130 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:48 PM

The second of only two comments posted there, this one, six hours ago:

kurisupisu at Feb. 10, 2017 - 07:23AM JST

Fukushima prefecture where there are thousands of tonnes of nuclear material still emitting dangerous levels of radioactivity? Who wouldn't want to go?

Edited by Alder Logs, 09 February 2017 - 11:55 PM.

#131 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

I'll ski on nuclear ash as long as it's free!

#132 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

Don't miss the local sushi!

• salviamycelium likes this

#133 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

Don't miss the local sushi!

f39e63685a3b8807fe396c8d3b062c61.jpg

#134 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:50 AM

If raw fish isn't your thing...

gallery_131808_1351_2951.jpg

#135 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 4,957 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

I'll only go if they're offering free heavy water shooters at the bar. 

#136 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:19 PM

When I was in elementary school I remember we had to wash the fallout off of our garden veggies from the Nuke testing that was going on here in the U.S.  Like my wife has told me more than once, "if you ever make it to a pure and clean environment you'll probably die"  I remember when the Ohio River looked like hot chocolate all the time (even without heavy rains) and multi colored snows............and the sky glowing orange from slag dumps..........and all the family and friends I've lost to cancer. Techno-Humans belong under ground IMHO........with tree and cat hugging caretakers living naturally on the surface...............and nuclear reactions are for STARS..........well away from LIFE as we know it...............just the opinions of of the old Wizard.....

Maybe they should package the deal and go snowmobile in Chernobyl afterwards.............hell you can also go down and dig fresh water mussels from the Susquehanna River below Three Mile Island while you're at it........please keep and post a GROWTHS LOG.................. I'd also be interested in bio-luminescent effects...................

The universe uses nuclear reactions in stars and life as we know it develops way the fuck away from them..............I'm going with the universe on this one not the NRC...........or the Japanese Bureau of Tourism

A

Edited by Arathu, 10 February 2017 - 07:19 PM.

#137 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

The universe uses nuclear reactions in stars...

Theoretically. 

• Arathu likes this

#138 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 254 posts

Donator

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

As usual, I will beat the drum for Velikovsky again.

...so many major climatic, seismic, volcanic, and who-knows-what-else changes...

Read Worlds In Collision and Earth In Upheaval. Perhaps the catastrophes of 3,500 and 2,700 years ago helped bury the fallout of the apparent nuclear wars, spoken of in the Vedas, or whatever corruptive fallout from misused energy systems that Edgar Cayce told us of that helped bring the fall of Atlantis. Without the extremes of the several global destructions V. told us of being considered, and under the scheme of Uniformitarianism, after the Charleses, Lyell and Darwin, our dating methods and biases lead us yet farther astray. Our forebears tried to tell us what happened. They tried so hard. As psychiatrist, Velikovsky has diagnosed, we suffer from "collective amnesia." They wrote it all down, but in two to three generations, natural history started becoming myth and metaphor.

North America and Northern Europe were still covered by massive glaciers at the time...

And yet, when we circle these latitudes 180 degrees, what do we find? No evidence of glaciation in the same epoch at similar latitudes, but if we travel north from there, flash-frozen mammoths with temperate plants frozen in their mouths! When will the most recent ice age myth be seen as evidence of a more recent axis shift? Look at the glacial lakes of North America, going all the way up to Great Slave and Great Bear Lakes, and down through Lake Winnipeg and the American Great Lakes, and you can see the old Arctic Circle, scraped into the Earth's crust.

From what I see, using my sources, humans have slipped their own nooses before, but it took cosmic catastrophes to allow a few Adam and Eve scenarios here and there, and not human cleverness, to do the job.

So, when is Nibiru getting here? Is this why so many of the world's top politicos have been visiting Antarctica of late, to see the incoming planet, visible only from the far south?

Should this not be on the flat earth thread lol

#139 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

The Nibiru comment at the end may have been in the way of a bit of joking, but in that, I can't say I know for sure.   But, I'm sure you have made your own unbiased investigation of the Velikovsky material in order to offer your comment.

#140 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 254 posts

Donator

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:48 AM

The Nibiru comment at the end may have been in the way of a bit of joking, but in that, I can't say I know for sure. But, I'm sure you have made your own unbiased investigation of the Velikovsky material in order to offer your comment.

No
It was kind of my idea of humour
I stumbled into all these theories and i wish i hadnt my brain cant and does t want to know

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!