25 replies to this topic

#21 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

That sounds yummy I have spearmint here too and a friend picks me tons every year :) the kids love spearmint tea when they are sick ... the chamomile and lemon balm went very well together and lemon balm mixes well with reg tea too adds a bit of lemon to the flavor without the lemon :)

I havent noticed from drinking it either the psychoactive effects
interesting volitile oils maybe this might be why it might have these powers when smoked

When I drink my teas I just got a new tea ball for my loose teas and it has a plate built in so you do not loose any goodies in the evaporation the smells this way are very lemony smells when drinking it

It is really interesting to bring up volitile oils too ( these are the ones that can with heat or exposed to air evaporate and become smelly in the air) ... ok I say it is interesting because I believe that Amanitas have volitile oils too maybe this is a way they find their way to our muscarinic receptors in our brains Lemon Balm and Amanita muscarina go to the same receptors in our brains .... hummm gots me a thinking now :)

#22 shade-of-deep-purple

shade-of-deep-purple

Psychedelic Musician

• Expired Member
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

If the psychoactive effects of lemon balm are anything like Fly Agaric, then I'm in.:thumbup:

#23 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

I think we need to look more into why there are similarities for some reason :)
I know from experience the anxiety / panic attacks calming effects are similar maybe this is one reason we have these receptors in our brains ? .....
I feel courage with small pieces of Fly Agaric I guess this could be the calming panic feelings? ones simular with Lemon Balm

#24 hungryjim

hungryjim

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

I've got one in the backyard grown from seed (just for giggles...I just wanted to smell it, really). I never used it for anything. Growing in half-shade and generally ignored, it thrived. I just stuffed my pocket full and chew a leaf now, smiling. Astringent, not quite bitter, maybe mildly numbing on my tongue. I look forward to making a tea. I was considering brewing fresh leaves in a crock pot overnight, set on low. ~ Any thoughts? Anything to add? Both Whole and canned milk are on hand.....peace.hj

#25 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

I usually do not add milk to the tea but I think u can just try a little at first to see if the milk curdles...
.. but i think lemon juice curdles it not lemon balm

I think the warm crock pot would work well to make a tea from this herbal if u have access to a lot of it :) Let us know how u like it

and ya the smell is beautiful this is the aromatic volatile oils that are released when this herbal is crushed :)

#26 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:22 PM

Here is a few pictures of Lemon balm to add in here

gallery_121976_1456_508178.jpg

garden full of it at my Aunties house :)

gallery_121976_1456_4578702.jpg

note the square stems

gallery_121976_1456_1253212.jpg

it will be in flower soon gota check it out again

gallery_121976_1456_4018687.jpg

• Juthro and Boebs like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!