• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

I would say prolly hundreds of people won the lottery last year and maybe the odds might not be the same but are both still astronomical. In fact, of those possible 10 who died, how many were actually trying to get high off them? Prolly most were mistaking it for an edible and eating it without preparing it properly. Thats usually the case in serious mushroom poisonings.

#42 Fungusaurus

Fungusaurus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 01:02 PM

How much and what kind of hangovers can one expect from small doses of amanitas? Got some dried ones i picked in the fall but havent tested yet, they grow in great numbers around here so it would be a nice free and abundant source of intoxication if i can get used to them and if i like it.

Buckaroobanzai your words most certainly makes me more comfortable in testing them amanitas - thx for sharing...and that goes to everyone else who posted in this topic.

I'll have a go at 2-3 grams in the near future.
Btw heres a pic of the amanitas I picked.

Attached Thumbnails

• amanita.JPG

#43 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 09:45 AM

So is the intoxication more like a like being drunk, dreamy, dellusional, do you hallucinate ALOT i mean see alot of things..? :neutral:

#44 max

max

canadian

• Banned Member
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

Drunk, dreamy...ya. A friend who ate a lot spent 3 days in a trailer, naked on the floor thinking he was a worm.

Sounds like fun!

#45 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

them buggers will fuck you up, not for the faint of heart
sometimes it's like living in a nightmare, seriously can be beyond where most people are capable of going
for your sake do large doses of cacti and ayahuasca before even considering aminitas the two former will give you a slight taste of the body load and the possible puke fest
if aya or mescaline scare you in the least or the body load is too much aminitas are not gonna be your thing
Buckaroo said deleriant, amen to that one, I really can't call a aminita experience a trip it's in it's own catagory

#46 PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

PSyChOViXeNFaIrY616

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

Well DXM is considered to be a deleriant as well (like that of Datura...) Ive heard of bad bad trips caused by extensive doses of DXM. I personally want to experience this fear. I want to feel fear. I want to feel the uncertainty of the unknown. I want to feel muyself clasping onto the ledge of sanity. I want to see the hell in it. I tryed Salvia once.. Took a few pansy hits (because I dont have good lungs for toking cant take big hits) All I felt was pin prickly prickles everytwhere a bit ofa head buzz kind of similar to Marijuana. Some slight visuals, and hot and cold sweats where I felt cold and yet very hot. Kind of miserable, but i plan to smoke more next time. (it was extraded to 20x)

#47 heidiopolis

heidiopolis

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:02 PM

yeah, sounds like you didnt smoke it right... you should try smoking salvia with a bbq lighter, cuz you have to burn it really hot to get the full effect. the one time ive tried it (going to try again soon!) i was completely ripped from reality... no slight visuals... i really cant even describe them

anyways, i am about to try some amanita muscaria that my bf and i picked a couple weeks ago... we dried them completely, and ground them in the coffee grinder so we could measure them accurately. anything else we should do? or should we just go for it? you dont need to dry them AND cook them, correct? anyways, we are going to try 2 grams, ill definitely post about it afterwards. tata

#48 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:50 AM

Wow Buckaroo I'm glad this post got kicked back up or I would have missed your posts; amazing stuff there man. I have just dabbled with amanitas, eating them dried, and they do taste like shit. It's very interesting to hear the positive/lighter effects from lower doses. What is the best way to make tea (a dumb question I know) and can you used dry amanitas or is it best to use fresh? I am in no way ready for a large dose of these things, and realized very quickly they are much different that psillys. I enjoy the fear, but just get too freaked by it. (Most of my experience with this "fear" comes from heavy salvia doses, but they only last ten minutes, and afterwards I can put my bong away, run into my bed and pull the covers over my head.) However I very much would like to experiment with a low dose to see if it does anything for the "cabin fever" I experience every winter. I read somewhere else, perhaps from James Arthur's website, similar claims of mood enhancement from low doses of amanitas.

Damn Buck I'm gotta read your posts again - mind blowing rants!

#49 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:26 AM

A friend who ate a lot spent 3 days in a trailer, naked on the floor thinking he was a worm.

Sounds like fun!

Sounds like some heavy shit to me.

#50 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2006 - 05:21 PM

Dry them completely (no heat) then grind 'em up in a coffee grinder and put them in boiling water.

Do NOT boil them. Boil the water, remove it from the heat, then add your Amanita powder. Filter out the powder if you have trouble swalowing the mushy dreck (eating the dreck is stronger).

Be forewarned, the tea will taste utterly and completely horrid.

I mean BAD BAD BAD taste. Some folks can't get it down. Try to mix it with no more than 3-4 gulps of water.

I find that holding my nose while I gulp it down and then chasing with a little lime juice helps, but not a ton.

You can also grind them up and mash them into 00 gel caps to avoid the taste, but dosage is harder to measure.

#51 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:43 PM

Thanks Buckaroo :)
I'm planning on ordering some Amanitas from BouncingBear; I noticed they have ~10 varities.

#52 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:02 AM

Stay away from the Formosa and Pantherina (Panther) varieties until you have more experience. Even then - be careful with them.

Personally, I would go for the Washington State A+ or A++ grades. Less dirt/bug bits and they are the prettiest.

#53 pakalolo

pakalolo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:46 PM

I have been smoking pot for a few years now, and have thought deeply into many things. life, death, reality, perception, awareness, dreams, religion, philosophy, physics, quantum theory, i have meditated, and i have seen the nether, in reality, i have seen death, and it was shocking, and yet... it was only "scary" for a moment.. it became beautiful... recently i tried dxm, and i did not find it in the least bit disorienting or confusing, it did not induce delirium. it was just very beautiful and relaxing, i experienced some of the things i had meditated on in the past, things that i had learned before, and i relived some past experiences. for a while now ive wanted to try mushrooms, peyote, and lsd. its not that im very curious.. i feel to have a very good understanding how they will affect me. ive read much on them, and feel comfortable with myself to try them.. and reading some posts on this thread.. i feel that muscaria would not be so differet from some of the experiences i have had.. even sober for that matter.. although id be in much less control over it... i dont think i would want to control it. And somethings buckaroo said about the "evil" or... "dark" very much reminded me of certain meditory trips. also what he said about getting used to A. muscaria by taking a bit at a time and experimenting slowly. with any psychoactive plant or fungi and chemicals derived from them, should always be taken with the utmost respect that it could kill you or leave you mentally damaged. and do to physiological and mental differeces between individual humans, or any animal for that matter, advance towards halluninogens should always be directed in a safe, logical, and appropriate means. I thank all of you for your imput on this matter as i have not before found much information on how amanitas affect the human mind.

#54 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:31 PM

Welcome to Mycotopia!

#55 Flame*Angel

Flame*Angel

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:33 PM

BuckarooBanzai - it seems we have come to near identical conclusions spiritually. That freaks me out every time I encounter it. Never thought I'd find such a like mind here.

#56 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

"Welcome to the dust ward.
Brain damaged, but it's only...permanent "

-Welcome to The Dust Ward by Fear

Seriously, you might want to read more of my more fringe/loony rantings before you identify with me. I do not present a universally agreed upon pretty picture. I've been called damned weird more than once (and quite recently, in fact).

#57 oldiebutnewbie

oldiebutnewbie

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:11 AM

I have seen Amanita muscaria flushes that must have numbered in the hundreds. Beautiful deep red caps with big white dots. Cup at the base where it comes out of the ground. Growing under ponderosa and lodgepole pines. Pretty certain of the identification.

I collected burlap sacks full for anybody that wanted them and had an old VW Beetle 'trunk' (the one up front) full of the darn things! They were nice and fresh, dried slowly in the shade and bug-free. Gave them to any and all who wanted some.

Nobody ever asked for seconds. My brother ate some and I have never seen anybody puke and wretch so hard and so long. He had to keep drinking liquids so as to even have something to puke as his stomach eventually emptied and he had the 'dry heaves' bad. Said he got high too but I never tried them after having watched him. I wouldn't want to be high and feeling that krappy.

Some people 'peeled the caps', saying that it was the spots that had the whatever that was bad. Others made tea and drank that.

That was 25 or 30 years ago. They still flush around here to beat heck. Nobody picks them except to throw at each other in sport... like you might a snowball in winter. Squirrels eat them with no apparent ill effect but then squirrels are already kinda kooky so who can tell?

I don't think they will kill most folks in ordinary doses but again, NOBODY EVER asks for more, even though they are free! Also, if you puked as bad as brother did, I don't know how one could hold them down long enough to die but who knows? One might say that one's body clearly objects to them and wishes them gone immediately if not sooner. That's pretty much the interpretation I placed upon the experience.

I can pick'em next summer and send anybody some. They are not illegal anywhere as far as I know. There are some kids in Paonia, Colorado who sell them dried at fairs, swap-meets, etc.

I also tried using them to kill flies. It sort of works. Screens work vastly better, as a fly that is outside needn't be killed in. It's rather like taking up candle making even though you really have electric lights. Kinda cute and fun but that's about it.

OBN

#58 martinnn

martinnn

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:34 AM

I saw on a video a Sidirian woman was dancing around in a red dress with white dots holding 5 big mushrooms also red with white bot, I guess she was doing some sort of warm up rutine before the big trip.

Enyways they went on to say that they brew or just drink "deer" urine with the mushrooms in order not to feel the harsh onset effects of some acid ensyme that in them> or mabay to get rid of the acid all together.

#59 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

The deer filters/converts just like you do. There are more than a few stories of Siberian Shaman eating the "yellow snow" after their reindeer got into the Amis.

Reindeer, oddly enough, will seek them out and eat them until they fall over or run out.

There is some very interesting speculation that the myth of Santa Claus and his flying reindeer originated with Siberian Ami eaters.

#60 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,786 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

I just got finished reading this thread. Wow.

I'd been thinking about amis for a long time, and Buckaroo, your 'rants' have edged me closer to trying some. I am of Scandinavian decent, and I've read some scholarly reports of the association between the Amanita and santa claus. Of course, our modern version of Santa was created by Coca Cola, but the designer must have had more than a passing awareness of the ancient association- "flying" reindeer, ruddy-red cheeks of intoxication on the old shaman's face, entering through the smokehole of the yurt (nowadays the chimney) which just so happens to be the place where prayers rise to the heavens (like the blowing of tobacco smoke to send prayers to the Spirit by North American shamans). So for me, eating them can help me understand my historical heritage better.

I am into altered consciousness for the totality of what it brings, not for shits 'n' giggles. The old concept of "ecstasy" was inclusive of all experience; it was the sum total of all possible emotions happening at once, including terror and pain.

Buckaroo, you say that "IT IS NOT WISDOM THAT WILL DO ANYTHING POSITIVE FOR YOU AS A HUMAN." (cut'n'paste quote) I would disagree, since your worldview has at least partly been shaped by these experiences, and gaining a deeper understanding of the world is, to me, positive (though it may be painful). From my own experience I know that glimpsing Hell is beyond description, but I am thankful for the times when I have done so, if only for the perspective it has given me. It's a "Know thine enemy" experience, and I would agree that not everyone needs to know their enemies that well! Those of us who do go and peek through the Black Gate are very well suited for helping others avoid it altogether, as you eloquently illustrated with the "rants" that came from your direct experience.

Now, how can we treat them in a way that mimicks being passed through someone and urinated back out free of toxins? Activated charcoal? Ideas, anyone? Unlike you, BB, I'm still kinda hesitant to sample that particular drink!

And thanks for taking the time to write all that out. You visited Hell and brought back something helpful for the rest of us as well as yourself...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!