69 replies to this topic

#61 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

TVC – couldn’t agree with you more, man.

That said, there are many people out there to whom said glimpse of the black gates (nice allusion, by the way) is highly unproductive.

Destructive is the term I would use for most people who bring to mental focus the perspective of true evil. “Hell” is not a useful concept for most humans, thus my quote.

As to an effective pre-filter…it isn't really filtration. The body converts, via subtle molecular changes, ibotenic acid to muscimol. If you can figure out how to do that easily/cheaply, you are going to make a fortune in biomechanics.

I think the full-on Ami experience is an “all or nothing” kind of thing. If you want the good stuff without the negatives, you can get muscimol from any number of on-line sources (it ain’t cheap, mind ya, and we don't discuss sources here, so don't ask).

BUT, having eaten “pure” muscimol and "derived" muscimol numerous times, I can tell you, it simply isn't the same as Amanita tea.

I think, personally, the Amanita experience is very similar to the Peyote experience. You either eat the whole thing and deal with the negatives…or you don’t. Part of the “classic” Shamanic experience is learning to deal with the negative physical load without tainting the positive spiritual load.

Some would suggest that the Shamanic experience is designed to teach you the fundamental differences between mind and body. Little in this world will teach you that difference like tripping your nuts off while you are projectile vomiting.

And dude, in closing, let me just state out loud that what you are saying is absolutely the opposite of my intent. I am NOT trying to convert people to the cult of Ami. I am NOT trying to convince anybody to eat a bunch of these things.

The VAST majority of people simply do not enjoy the full-on Amanita experience (I don’t “enjoy” the full-on Amanita experience).

There is value in the experience, to me. Your mileage will probably vary.

One way or the other, I would love to read about any experiences you might have (or consider having).

#62 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 15,057 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

As to an effective pre-filter…it isn't really filtration. The body converts, via subtle molecular changes, ibotenic acid to muscimol. If you can figure out how to do that easily/cheaply, you are going to make a fortune in biomechanics.

I'm on it! I need a fortune!

But don't hold your breath!

Shucks.

I am NOT trying to convert people to the cult of Ami. I am NOT trying to convince anybody to eat a bunch of these things.

Don't worry, that intent came through loud and clear!

Some of the more horrible effects you described resonated with some of my own experiences. I have been in pain so delerious I've prayed for my own death.

So that other people reading this don't get the wrong idea, I find eating a large dose of Amis as appealing as taking part in a Sun Dance. That is the rawhide-through-your-chest, hang-in-the-sun-until-your-flesh-rips ceremony mentioned earlier in this thread. I have attended but not participated in a Sun Dance, it's intense. I also would like to go through one someday.

So when someone hears me say I'd like to try Amanitas, they should remember that I'd also like to try hanging from the skin of my chest until the skin rips and someone scoops up my fallen, bleeding, crumpled body and applies some Bactine.

#63 mullugh

mullugh

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:50 PM

For your information my fellow mycotopiacs, they now sell packets of dried fly agarics in head shops in the uk now. This is a reaction to the banning of the selling of cubensis last year. The law only accounts for mushrooms containing pscilocybin. I think selling fly agarics in fancy boxes to the public is a bit stupid personally!

#64 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:55 PM

I think selling cubies in head shops is pretty stupid.

I think selling Amis in head shops is just cruel.

And I didn't do it until I tore or with Native Americans, but I've had some major experiences with piercings and flesh swings. Pain is just pleasure spelled a different way...

#65 visualosophy

visualosophy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

I personally want to experience this fear. I want to feel fear. I want to feel the uncertainty of the unknown. I want to feel muyself clasping onto the ledge of sanity. I want to see the hell in it. I tryed Salvia once.. Took a few pansy hits (because I dont have good lungs for toking cant take big hits) All I felt was pin prickly prickles everytwhere a bit ofa head buzz kind of similar to Marijuana. Some slight visuals, and hot and cold sweats where I felt cold and yet very hot. Kind of miserable, but i plan to smoke more next time. (it was extraded to 20x)

But I will most certainly give my greatest respect to such a teacher

#66 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

Skydiving is an excellent way of playing with the lizard brain's fear response.

#67 visualosophy

visualosophy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:23 PM

There is some very interesting speculation that the myth of Santa Claus and his flying reindeer originated with Siberian Ami eaters.

Have you read Shroom Wizards book too [MOD EDIT - link removed; don't hot link to people that compete with our sponsors]
But he still doesnt answer the questions where we are from and our purpose

#68 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:28 AM

Wow, pretty sketchy looking site there. Don't know that I'd pay that dude too much attention.

Also, I removed your link. That fellow is a competitor with our sponsors and hot-linking to him is verboten.

#69 visualosophy

visualosophy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

sorry

#70 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• Validating
  • 8,978 posts