• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

SO the main medications that they give you for migraine are Tryptamine based drugs....
Last time I started to get a migraine I blasted some DMT, about 30 mg.

MIGRAINE WAS GONE IN ABOUT 5 MIN FLAT!!!!!!!

And I've had this shit sitting around through so many migraine attacks I can't even fucking count..... three weeks ago I was on IV for like 6 hours with a migraine puking my guts out..... coulda' spoke to the Deem gods for 5 min and been gravy.

Aborted 2 migraines so far, someone else PLEASE try this!

#2 Nunyabiz

Nunyabiz

Teonanacatl

• Free Member
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

My brother and I have been using dmt medicinally like this for a while now.. After reading about tryptamine based migraine meds we tried it and it DOES work.. Sorry to hear bout the migraines but good thing the deemt works for ya..

#3 Tetra

Tetra

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Good ole DMT, the gift that keeps on giving.

#4 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

It makes sense; psilocybin mushrooms have also been known to have a therapeutic effect on cluster headaches, so it follows that a chemically similar drug such as DMT would also be beneficial. Though depending on your supply, it may be wasteful to treat migraines with DMT (your call not mine!). As I understand it, however, only a very low dose of psilocin is needed in order to stave off cluster headaches.

#5 morfin-56

morfin-56

Mr. Miyagi

• OG VIP
  • 1,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

There is a whole line of tryptamine based drugs classified as tryptin(s) that are used for migraines/headaches.
Its likely that all tryptamines have positive effects on migraines.
Legal DMT would be amazing, but instead they create all these synthetic analogs for use as treatment.

It's like the government acknowledges all the benefits of the illegal drugs but wont legalize them because they are to ashamed to admit the war on drugs is a failure!

#6 Tetra

Tetra

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

It's like the government acknowledges all the benefits of the illegal drugs but wont legalize them because they are to ashamed to admit the war on drugs is a failure!

They have no shame.

#7 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,029 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I wonder if an MAOI could be helpful as well by preventing the breakdown of endogenous tryptamines for awhile.

#8 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

I wonder if an MAOI could be helpful as well by preventing the breakdown of endogenous tryptamines for awhile.

Regardless of its efficacy, I don't think administration of an MAOI would be advisable, given their severe dietary restrictions. Since the onset of a migraine is unpredictable, one would have to permanently alter one's diet to avoid tyramine-containing foods. Now, when taking a tryptamine for medicinal purposes for a migraine, I understand that you only need a very small dose, as the point isn't to trip or to get high, but just to take care of the headache. So you might be able to successfully argue that you could get away with a correspondingly lower dose of an MAOI - one low enough in fact that the dietary restriction advice could be disregarded. That is all conjecture on my part. However, since one of the symptoms of the hypertensive reaction that results from consuming tyramine-laden products while under the effects of an MAOI is an intense headache, I would once again argue that the cure is worse than the disease!

#9 rasbilly

rasbilly

Evolutionist

• Expired Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

They have no shame.

That, and it's easy to take advantage of sick people. i've paid more money trying to defeat migraines than I care to think about.

#10 SillyCone

SillyCone

Gong Fu

• OG VIP
  • 2,854 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Regardless of its efficacy, I don't think administration of an MAOI would be advisable, given their severe dietary restrictions. Since the onset of a migraine is unpredictable, one would have to permanently alter one's diet to avoid tyramine-containing foods. Now, when taking a tryptamine for medicinal purposes for a migraine, I understand that you only need a very small dose, as the point isn't to trip or to get high, but just to take care of the headache. So you might be able to successfully argue that you could get away with a correspondingly lower dose of an MAOI - one low enough in fact that the dietary restriction advice could be disregarded. That is all conjecture on my part. However, since one of the symptoms of the hypertensive reaction that results from consuming tyramine-laden products while under the effects of an MAOI is an intense headache, I would once again argue that the cure is worse than the disease!

I believe you're talking about the old generation of pharmaceutical MAOI, which were acting on both MAO-A and MAO-B and were irreversible, meaning you had to wait for a few weeks for your body to rebuild its enzymes. We need MAO-A inhibition for tryptamines, and MAO-B breaks down tyramin based foods. Ayahuasca and rue are the MAOI we use in combination with tryptamines, and they are reversible MAO-A inhibitors, meaning they won't touch your MAO-B and the MAO-A will be active again in a matter of hours.
The diet before ayahuasca is a recommendation for a better journey (the more "bad food" gets in before a ceremony, the more "bad food" gets out during the ceremony), your health shouldn't be much at risk unless you eat piles of old cheese and fermented uncooked red meat right before drinking ;)
People have been dosing daily for months with harmalas on the Nexus with no ill effects, and changa is the same (DMT+MAOI) as ayahuasca and I never heard of anybody needing a diet before taking changa...

About cluster headaches, a dear psychonaut friend has them. Initially mushrooms would do him good, but it's not always efficient. DMT has made wonders though, even stopping crisis on their tracks and having dramatic effects on his cycles.

#11 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,411 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I am compelled to mention that you should be looking for the root cause of your migraines.

I lived with them for 20+ years and never figured it out until a friend started talking about his going away when he figured out he had gluten allergy.

Sure as shit, I did some internet searching and my symptoms lined up perfectly with the standard model for gluten allergy.

I quit eating gluten and BAM! my twice a day little headaches went away immediately. The migraines have been tapering off from 3 a week to less than one a month since guitting the gluten 19 months ago.

The test is simple. Find out what contains gluten (way too many things) and stop eating it. I'd say you'll know for sure within 10 days if it's mucking you up.

Being headache free is just fuggin lovely!

#12 rasbilly

rasbilly

Evolutionist

• Expired Member
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

my wife and I were thinking about trying the "gluten test" soon as well. Glad to hear it's helped you so much!

#13 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

My migraines are not every day.
I get about 10 a year or so.... and I've monitored my diet and as much environmental exposure as I could.

I also have Bouts with Sex headaches, which have been confirmed to be benign. Thus confirming that I actually have a migraine disorder, as the two are usually correlated.

http://en.wikipedia....tal_cephalalgia

DMT just before "activity" stopped those dead in their tracks too!

#14 Superliminal

Superliminal

Veritas Omnia Est

• Expired Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Many of the foods that contain tyramine are also common migraine triggers and so should be considered for elimination from the diet from people suffering from migraines anyway. My frequency and severity have been greatly helped since I cut out red meat, aged cheeses and smoked white meats, and other foods commonly found on the MAOI/DMT dieta, so it's a good step to take if you're looking to help your body. Try also adding in plenty of fruits and vegetables and fresh water to flush things out, and limit fats and sweets and chemical additives. A headache diary helps you learn your particular triggers - MSG and red 40 will set off a killer migraine with utmost speed for me.

There's been a lot of research done on migraines as a part of a larger neurological syndrome including fibromyalgia, which is also linked to gluten overexposure, so learning more about this protein and how it interacts with your body to affect your neurochemistry is also a good step. I find that when I ingest too much wheat, my energy levels are decreased, and my migraines started during a high-gluten phase in my life. There's a lot of literature out there these days, but look for stuff that mentions the hypothalamus in the index, as this gland in your brain getting knocked out of whack seems to be a root cause of a lot of these conditions.

I've found that a good dose of shrooms, acid or DMT will bring me mild to moderate relief from a bad migraine for 3 - 8 days, as well as provide me with the usual mental reset and a good evening of fun and revelation! :hippie:
  • Bulk and SillyCone like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!