Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Soy lecithin in oils and butters for edible goods ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Does anyone use Soy lecithin in oils and butters for edible goods ?

from what I have read it increases the bio availability of the thc in the body to help with increasing the potency. Did a search here and did not find much info on it used for weed.

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

So no response to this. Been doing some reading up on this and got around to trying adding the soy lethecin to a recent green dragon I mad and thought I'd bump this thread with my results / opinion on the results.
Simply put this works in a big way. Call it opinion or call it bullshit but I will NEVER make a batch of oil or green dragon without using soy lethecin. I have made 2 different batches of green dragon made with swag/brick weed where I made one batch with and one batch without.
Without - one tablespoon was a social dose allowing me to happily interact at work
Without - two tablespoon was a nice heavy ride with some couch lock stares and dozing off and on due to being realxed.
With - one tablespoon was very heavy ride that surpassed the 2 tablespoon mark of the g.d. Without. Let's put it this way I started giggling when I felt a beard in my hands and fingers and forgot what I was doing before I saw the Santa like beard
With - 1/2 tablespoon was a fairly social dose as 1 tablespoon above was. Noticible difference was the length the buzz stayed around. Without, the buzz from come up to come down would last aroun 4 hours. With. I'm 6 hours in and starting to settle down.
Cheep additive that increases the efficiency of your edible product.
I'm sold

#3 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hey Psybear! Long time no see.
Some great info as well. I had just come across some recipes calling for lecithin and then I see this. Funny old world isn't it?

#4 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

My husband has stage 4 cancer and is taking honey oil. I add coconut oil and lecithin to his medicine since it is supposed to help him absorb it better. It makes it easier to deal with also. I highly recommend it!
  • Shadowlord likes this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Howdy shadow. Ya it's been a while bro. Got my colors back can't wait to drop by chat again.

Use the lethicen you won't regret it.

Cindy thanks for dropping by and adding your comment. Very sorry to hear about the cancer glad you are able to provide medicine for him.

#6 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

Finally went and got some lecithin. Only $6. Got the liquid form figuring that'd be easiest to use.
Got the last of my trim and vapings simmering in butter and water and planning on making cookies tonight!

#7 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I'm finding it best to have a light snack or meal and then eat my baked good with the s.l. In it. Still works on an empty stomach but seems to absorb faster and better

#8 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,998 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

The cookies are definitely more potent. I used a tablespoon in the butter while making it and then a similar amount into the cookie dough. Wasn't sure how much to use but the bit I did sure made a difference.
GF was late to work and I slept thru half the day :lol:
I only had 30g of trim and 40 or 50 of vapings and the cookies remind me of the time I used a 100g of trim for my butter. Will definitely be using lecithin from now on.
How much do you usually add PsyBear?

#9 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Usually round 1/2 tablespoon for the extraction and then 1/2 tablespoon after the extraction. Make sure the 2nd time you mix well. It's an emulsifier and helps even out the caniboids and other goodies in you extract.

@shadow... I had to laugh. Did the same thing when I did it the first time.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!