• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#101 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• Expired Member
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:08 PM

i just wanna see somebody grow some weed in that soil!!!

On it.

#102 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,881 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

As Dennis puts it in brotherhood, it sounds like the consciousness of your friend was a singular individual. Hope you're not hurting too much brother Alder. Always easier leaving than being left it seems.

Terence did play it fast and loose, not unlike so much science fiction. Have you seen the ipad / read "Enders Game" ? I believe the vibrations, er spin (even MORE accurate given the circumstances) he put forth are really just beginning their manifestation. The densities care not for whether the spin is originated from previous spins.. but they sure pick up the spin.

I am not given to games, or sci-fi. But thanks.

#103 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,682 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

“It continues for a few hours after death, albeit in a hibernated state we cannot see from the outside.”

SO WHAT DO YA ALL THINK OF THAT PART?

It's a head-scratcher. I mean, one of the hallmarks of consciousness is that it is "active," so I'd like to know what they mean by "hibernating" and how they are claiming it still counts as consciousness. After all, if we get knocked out for a minute, it can be said we were "knocked unconscious" but then we wake back up ("regain consciousness") yet we don't call our unconscious state "hibernation."

And can this state be "seen" from the "inside?" How? With a fMRI scan? But that's still "seeing" brain activity from the outside. It's a strange statement in that on the surface it appears to make sense, but upon looking closer it doesn't really make any sense at all unless we know exactly what the words chosen meant according to the author.

It seems to me that a lot of these awkward and arbitrary distinctions stem from our innate drive to label and categorize EVERYthing. We need to know where to draw our imaginary lines, damn it!

#104 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

Let's ride...

• Expired Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

I am not given to games, or sci-fi. But thanks.

I would have guessed you a chess player, Logs.

#105 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,881 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:28 AM

I would have guessed you a chess player, Logs.

I, the learning disordered kid (ADHD and lysdexia), sixteen months younger than my straight-A brother (and super gamesman), was used as a random move generator for him to see how few moves he could beat me in. He never tried to do anything that would help me understand the game. I was always the last one chosen for any team sport. With bad short term memory, I am screwed at most computer games, especially the ones I refer to as "rat mazes."

As far as sci-fi goes, so much of it is based on a flawed, state-of-the-art-such-as-it-is physics, in my individual opinion.

Basically, I am too weird (but I could be right about some very important things). As an idiot savant, the games are not my strong suit.
  • -=Zeus=- likes this

#106 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Did you guys read they found DMT IN THE PINEAL GLAND OF LIVE RATS?

http://server16.kpro...mt-pineal-2013/

e’re excited to announce the acceptance for publication of a paper documenting the presence of DMT in the pineal glands of live rodents. The paper will appear in the journal Biomedical Chromatography and describes experiments that took place in Dr. Jimo Borjigin’s laboratory at the University of Michigan, where samples were collected. These samples were analyzed in Dr. Steven Barker’s laboratory at Louisiana State University, using methods that funding from the Cottonwood Research Foundation helped develop. The pineal gland has been an object of great interest regarding consciousness for thousands of years, and a pineal source of DMT would help support a role for this enigmatic gland in unusual states of consciousness. Research at the University of Wisconsin has recently demonstrated the presence of the DMT-synthesizing enzyme as well as activity of the gene responsible for the enzyme in pineal (and retina). Our new data now establish that the enzyme actively produces DMT in the pineal.
The next step is to determine the presence of DMT in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), the fluid that bathes the brain and pineal. CSF is a possible route for pineal-synthesized DMT to effect changes in brain function. Successfully establishing DMT’s presence in this gland adds another link in the chain between the pineal and consciousness and opens new avenues for research.
We thank those who have already donated to our advancement of the research in this field. We hope the recent developments will encourage you to donate to Cottonwood again, or for the first time, in order to continue this fascinating and intriguing line of research. When donating, please make sure you select “Pineal Project” as the specific project.

hahah! rat brain extraction tek coming soon!~~~~

oh yeah sombody posted it oooops.. anyway..... yeah... handful of rat brains with a MAOI will do the trick.. heheh just kidding...

Edited by MungoFungo, 29 May 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#107 MeriwetherLewis

MeriwetherLewis

Explorer & Naturalist

• Expired Member
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I SAW THAT ...where did they THINK IT WAS COMING FROM...

...melatonin is what...one enzymatic step?

#108 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Donator

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

[Direct Link]

This is a great video of current thinking of black holes which they conclude holds the key to our understanding of the universe. For a while now I have held a hunch and this video has reaffirmed it.

While both the theories of general relativity and quantum mechanics elegantly describe our macro and micro physical universe, It should be no surprise that they unravel at the singularity. I think the singularity is the point at which all physical matter is transformed and emerges as conciseness. There are no instruments that can measure consciousness; so it stands to reason the results become non rational. Consciousness is the only thing that we know of in the universe that exists that is not bound by the restraints of mass gravity space or time. If you look at the results of the equations in this light instead of thinking the theories are flawed they give the most elegant mathematical expressions of what consciousness is: -
So for general relativity where the singularity radius is r=0 we get 1/r =1/0=∞ :meditate: that to is poetic, and a mathematical bulls eye. The answer has to be non rational because at this point matter becomes “potential”
And for quantum mechanics the results were even more confounding, an infinite series of infinity ∞ + ∞ + ∞ + ∞ …… :meditate: .

I don’t think there is anything wrong with these theories. The singularity is merely a limit point, physical science cannot be expected to describe the non physical, that would an oxymoron. Consciousness is the only non-physical entity known in the universe and is experienced by everyone. This is significant evidence that that a collective consciousness also operates in our universe. So the formulas far from being incorrect pointing to this evidence the only way maths can. And say that unless you are willing to introduce consciousness into your thinking you can go no further.

This got me thinking of how this could work, I have often wondered why galaxies are typically flat spirals, mater seams to come together and form a rotating galactic plane. This to me suggests galaxy has an undetectable field around it that emanates from the black hole at their centre.
Think of a torus field with the galactic plane embedded across its centre and its black hole centred with the hole of the torus and like the radiation emanating from the image below its easy to perceive that consciousness cloud also be radiating out like a magnetic field back over the galaxy. What about the smaller black holes within the galaxy, when stars supernova? I think it’s the same thing

Universe.png

I can’t feasibly see man ever physically leaving the confines of our solar system. The distances and energy requirements are just too immense, but why is it that we are part of a galaxy one of many? It is more probable then not, that life exists all over the universe and that the universe could be described as alive. So since we are made up of the star dust ourselves don’t you think that we ourselves are merely expressions of this collective consciousness? Like living consciousness receivers interacting with one other expressions of a collective cocooned in our egos that give us the opportunity of a unique perspective of the Universe.

Perhaps when our physical form expires we return to some local broadcasting center or singularity to be emitted once again and so it will be with our sun and solar system that will spew us out deeper into the galaxy and our galaxy is showering us with the consciousness of the matter being swallowed at its center I find it comforting to look up at the stars and imagine this dance of both matter and consciousness proceeding across the havens leaving us just as mystified as our ancestors.

Energy --> atoms, atoms --> molecules, molecules --> life, life --> consciousness, they loop. IE black holes are like portals. The singularity is the interface between the physical universe and consciousness.

I submit that there will never find a physical theory to explain quantum gravity, because its consciousness

#109 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hey Alder, Don't feel strange for having ideas that mainstream haven't investigated.

When I first saw this I was astonished how one simple diagram can explain so many things I only wish i was shown this at school!

[Direct Link]

Expanding on the work of Marko Rodin, Randy Powell explains vortex math and the ABHA Torus from the beginning. Randy says with Vortex-Based Mathematics we will be able to see how energy is expressing itself mathematically. This math has no anomalies and shows the dimensional shape and function of the universe as being a toroid or donut-shaped black hole. He says this is the template for the universe and it is all within our base ten decimal system.

#110 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

Here is a great interview with Randy on Red Ice

vortex.png

It gives some of the insight and history of Vortex Mathematics

#111 Tusk Bilasimo

Tusk Bilasimo

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 794 posts

Donator

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

This stuff is so TRIPPPPY! :greenboun

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#112 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,881 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:41 PM

Oh. I thought it was, "The Silence Thread!"

#113 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,881 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Bump.

#114 morfin-56

morfin-56

Mr. Miyagi

• OG VIP
  • 1,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

Yea I have been moving around a lot but I'm finally stationary again!
What have you been reading on lately alder? I was just going back through this thread, awesome stuff lol.
  • -=Zeus=- and Alder Logs like this

#115 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,881 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hey Morf, good to see you here! 

Haven't been reading much for a while.  Some stuff on consciousness a while back.  These TW threads have been a ghost town.  I'm still a broken record about Newton's big assumption that cannonballs and planets are equals in relative mass and gravitational dynamics. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 April 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#116 morfin-56

morfin-56

Mr. Miyagi

• OG VIP
  • 1,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Yea I see.. It sucks seeing the TZ dead like this.
I completely see your perspective on gravity and have been thinking so much on it the past few years you wouldn't even imagine.. I hope we can get this thread going again that'd be awesome

I read something about explosive buckyballs on a micro scale today I'm gonna find the article and post it here

Edited by morfin-56, 18 April 2015 - 05:26 PM.

• TastyBeverage, -=Zeus=- and Alder Logs like this

#117 morfin-56

morfin-56

Mr. Miyagi

• OG VIP
  • 1,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

http://m.phys.org/ne...explosives.html

Scientists have simulated the explosion of a modified buckminsterfullerene molecule (C60), better known as a buckyball, and shown that the reaction produces a tremendous increase in temperature and pressure within a fraction of a second. The nanoscale explosive, which the scientists nickname a "buckybomb," belongs to the emerging field of high-energy nanomaterials that could have a variety of military and industrial applications.
  • TastyBeverage likes this

#118 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= Still Kickin =-

• OG VIP
  • 1,935 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

I'm fairly ignorant of much modern day science, but like alder, am gifted in other ways.  I'm here to learn fellas!

• Skywatcher likes this

#119 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= Still Kickin =-

• OG VIP
  • 1,935 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

serling avatar.jpeg

#120 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,881 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

Here is an avatar pic for catattack:

g-cat.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 May 2015 - 06:03 PM.

• TVCasualty and -=Zeus=- like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!