Nice work, the graphics look beautiful so far

#43 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks to both of you, we've definitely been working hard. Just yesterday a very prominent musician joined on-board, multiple people checked out the project at that point. We currently have 4 well known musicians working on music for the game, I've brought in Illustrators who haven't been very public prior, not quite recognized yet, plus the team we've had for months. Lots of new stuff, ideas are flowing like water in a river. The engine we're using is Unity Pro. Our Artist at one point applied for a big-name company but was declined and definitely not from lack of talent. A lot of the evolution in aesthetics can be attributed to his knowledge and skill.

#44 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Cool, I have not toyed with Unity before.

I look forward to buying your game bro.

#45 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Cool, I have not toyed with Unity before.

I look forward to buying your game bro.

^^^ ditto

#46 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for all of the support :)
These are some of the musicians featured in the game.

http://youtu.be/qzAzRVV9ybs

http://youtu.be/PfNJw_k3Fqw

The official 'About the Game':

A man burdened by daily life struggles with his Mental Illness and is near breaking point. His overwhelming sorrows, irrational fears, and the pressure he feels within cause him to enter a realm not known by ordinary humans. He falls into the world of Trium. In his transit he becomes another, the Observer. An androgynous character with a missing piece, the Mouth. Now stuck in this environment with the eyes of a Child and no ability to speak the Observer seeks peace and solace but is faced with darkness and fear. Assisted by Goddesses and inner light the Observer must find peace within or around or risk being trapped within Trium.

Edited by ams1992, 31 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#47 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

I've been watching this thread and anxiously awaiting release. It certainly is daunting to develop and release software/firmware even in the context of a big corporation. Doing it basically as a personal project is amazing.

#48 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Thanks bugs, yeah, daunting can be an understatement. I've been struggling financially for quite some time wondering if it would be worth it to finish this project and release it. Been a full time job and I have 2 team members I have on payment. One 3D artist, one 2D artist. The Illustrators and Musicians, the 2D Artist, they've all popped in as contractors or as volunteers. I'm grateful to the volunteers, and the contractors who asked for reasonable payments. I've been writing the story on my own, I'll be doing animation on my own, and also doing sound design on my own. A lot more goes into game development than people often realize. I had no idea how much goes into it until I dove in headfirst. Now we're nearing the end of stage one, and entering stage two, bringing it to the public. It's been a roller coaster of emotion. If you've seen Indie Game: The Movie, that's been like my experience, just I have been writing and revising what's done by my team to get it fine tuned as much as possible and to look and play great.

PS Bugs, we're hoping to have it ready in a few months. Of course with a Trailer and some feature videos to share until then.

Edited by ams1992, 31 January 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#49 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Working on the Trailer!

Getting the footage now and I'll be working on the Animations and the Trailer over the next few days :teeth:

forestday13.jpg

rune.jpg

Edited by ams1992, 06 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#50 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

looking sweet

#51 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Expired Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

wow shitt a game development! that's huge!
shitt! that's so cool.
such a huge project...

hang in there, we're withya. when in doubt, just trust, in the almighty everlasting existance smiling&winking at ya! don't hope, trust!

shit!
and THE BEST OF LUCK!

#52 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Thanks Ernestro and Erkee, definitely appreciate the kind words. I'm hanging in there as best I can. I know everything will be alright as long as I keep at it and follow my instinct. I definitely trust that everything will be fine. Even when things get tough, a part of me doesn't lose that knowing.

Attached Thumbnails

• le1.jpg

Edited by ams1992, 11 February 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#53 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

is there anything deeper in the textures,
fractal-wise and hidden?

surfaces might crawl too much as you move ..

Edited by Erkee, 12 February 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#54 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Not that I know of, but I am learning to 3D Model :P
If you could explain more what you mean, I'd love to hear it. Not sure I fully understood, what I think I understood could be fun though.

Really wish this thread would update me like it used to. Might have to resubscribe. Anyways, the teaser is up. Posting it here as well. Zen, if you see this, I'd love if you could replace the broken video with this one.

[Direct Link]

#55 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I think he means psychedelic easter eggs! (Like hidden images/objects from the game devs)

#56 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Might be able to pull that off somewhere :teeth:

#57 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Alright guys, another update. Had some cover artwork done by a very talented guy. Also built a website. If you'd like to join the mailing list, feel free. Don't worry about your email because it doesn't tell me where the email came from or who owns it or anything like that, and lots of people will be joining the mailing list. Without further ado, the website:

http://www.lifeessencegame.com
(having technical difficulties currently but will be up soon)

and the cover art:

LE_Second Draft_hi-res (1).jpg

Edited by ams1992, 26 February 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#58 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

have you seen ouya ?
a new 'open hardware' gaming console slated for june 2013
android, nvidia, arm cortex quad.
looks like $99 for a powerhouse.

#59 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

have you seen ouya ?
a new 'open hardware' gaming console slated for june 2013
android, nvidia, arm cortex quad.
looks like $99 for a powerhouse.

Writing a game for it right now, using LibGDX

Every app/game (what ever) is it's own user in unix, shared resources.

#60 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yep, I've seen it. When we port mobile I plan to port Ouya. Technically it's similar to the Wii rather than a next gen system from what I've heard and read (based on the specs they may have upgraded since I read that), but it's definitely in the plans. As well as possibly porting to the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset released the same way via Kickstarter. So far our main goal is to get the PC, Mac, Linux versions out, gauge how they do, and then do ports.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!