72 replies to this topic

#61 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Just finished this yesterday and thought some of you would like it. Sharing it with the 'Grow log' here of my game :P

http://youtu.be/KAAXi8KXOTE

#62 bugs

bugs

Are we having fun yet?

• OG VIP
  • 3,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Love the music, and the visual art is remarkable. I don't think I've seen anything quite like it, especially in games. I'm just a-qiverin' to get my hands on the finished product.

The only problem I have is that some of the scenes are too dark to make out any detail. Are these transitions, or should I be seeing more? Maybe jack up the gamma a bit?

#63 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hey bugs, those are definitely 2 things we focused heavily on. Now it's just a matter of putting everything together and adding the story. Glad you enjoyed it so much. You can trust there will be a lot more in the game that's beyond the norm and not much seen in video games. Lots of imagination was put into this. As for the scenes, you're right, and I've discussed that with the artist as well. Gamma will be an option in the settings. I have fairly low brightness on my system and can see everything, but some of the scenes are too dark for my liking as well. So I'll likely have the lighting adjusted.

#64 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Alright guys and girls, an update.

LifeEssence has been put on hiatus. Finances have been unstable and are now depleted. We've given the project some time to recuperate but it shouldn't be too long. In this difficult time I've been faced with some decisions. Being this is something I am very proud of and hope to show the world, I will not give up. I've given everything to this project and I don't doubt it. To ensure that something full of quality is released I have had to change the direction a bit. The story remains the same, but this will be treated more as a piece of art now rather than what it was previously. I intend on creating surreal elements and short stories that document multiple characters as well as the story of the Observer. It will be as if you as the player are exploring within a dream rather than before where it was based more in reality and surreal elements wouldn't happen often. With this said, we will be porting to the Oculus Rift if possible. We all have dev kits. So virtual reality is a go for this if our programmer can integrate it properly. I will be attempting mobile, linux, and mac ports as well. We may even port to Ouya if possible, but this isn't a guarantee. The environments of this game have been a heavy focus and at the moment we have a very talented character designer working with us as well as an animation team. If I can support a couple more months of development I believe I can finish this project. For now it's on hiatus though until finances improve. I have a few employees to keep up with and the animation is done by an external team at a really fair price. Really excited with the new direction this is taking as it removes a lot of stress and creative restraint and just leaves us all to create something intense that is an experience.

(The Architect Character, the background is just a presentation, not actually a part of the game.)

Attached Thumbnails

• 603403_199196273537681_1429069512_n.jpg

Edited by ams1992, 03 June 2013 - 11:59 AM.

• Erkee likes this

#65 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,607 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

Plans always change dude, don't worry about it!

This will just lead to a better end product if you take it in stride.

Ouya port should be easy too, it's just linux.

#66 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Mate0x. It will definitely be better, I can almost guarantee that. Truth is, creating a game is far more than I could have expected. I am a storyteller, a musician, an artist, but my stories are often short, my songs emotive, my art abstract. I intend on mixing all of my skill sets to create something intensely immersive, something beautiful, something unique and intriguing. A sort of life outside of life. Rather than focusing on game elements I am focusing my perspective towards experience, immersion, interactivity with the characters, ideas, and anything that may benefit the stories. I'm looking to use game development software to create something unique from what's been experienced before. A blend of storytelling, theatre, direct conversation, real-time events triggered by actions in the environments, it's intense what I envision and entirely possible. Much more so than our former idea, but still with the same cause and the same underlying story.

#67 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

i'm glad for you,
all the skills will spin you like a top,
never know where these things lead,
i've been slightly hesitant to continue my proj,
because the change in life will be big,
everything works,
and that's scary too.

whyyyy???

#68 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

I think truly you know a project of passion will be beneficial or work out in the long run if it scares the hell out of you. If you give it your all and you want it to succeed in its purpose and the unknown of it all frightens you more so than most things, I consider that being on the right path. As long as you don't quit in the face of it, usually it ensures your safety in situations. Without risk there is no reward, without risk there is no possibility, no innovation, no foreseeable hope in a project. Every time stress has gotten the better of me I've embraced it and pushed on. Things have changed but not too drastically. I hope that if your project is a good one and is beneficial that you can complete it but sometimes the time and place is off as well. Either way, I wish you the best. I'm glad you both are looking forward to the changes and I hope that in delivering the project in this format it can be beneficial and entertaining to even more people. I'm definitely looking forward to the evolution of it over the next few months once we start back at it.

#69 JJ800M

JJ800M

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

What happened? :)

Best of luck!

#70 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,489 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

This thread now pulls at my heart. I have no abilities in this format, but if i did, I could find this a way to honor a creative gentle soul, who was cut away from this world with so much more he wanted to give. I wish I could continue the evolution of this project in honor of the mind of the friend that formed it.

Perhaps my desire would be to alter the game exploration with a potential to reach a place of peace, although I believe the spirit of our friend has trancended now to a place of that nature.

• the_chosen_one and MrGumball like this

#71 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

i miss him too bro. dearly. :sad: i can't read this whole thing without crying.

• MrGumball and Skywatcher like this

#72 Stig7580

Stig7580

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hi, not meaning to be ignorant but what happened? sounds like someone i would have liked to have known.

• the_chosen_one likes this

#73 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Hi, not meaning to be ignorant but what happened? sounds like someone i would have liked to have known.

i think you would have. fortunately we have a piece of him right here and in each of us.

our young brother passed away very recently. https://mycotopia.ne...120450-ams1992/

we love him very much. 

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!