- - - - -

Got the blues

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_a_*

Guest_a_*

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:24 PM

Feeling lonely and homesick lately...

Just moved out of my apt, away from my cat and my best friend, who I never get to see anymore anyway because of a new boyfriend...

I like my new place but damn, this sucks.

Anyone else feeling down? Need some empathy? I got plenty Posted Image

#2 Guest_invader_*

Guest_invader_*

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:03 PM

actually i got nothing but good going in my life right now, but a few months ago i was living out of my car for a few weeks...that sucked hardcore, but things are looking up now.

#3 Guest_johnnydigital_*

Guest_johnnydigital_*

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:06 PM

I'm sorry that you're feeling down as of late, friend.

That happens to me every now and then. I tend to get self-destructive when I feel down.... one of those "just don't give a f#ck" types I s'pose.

Why don't you have your cat though? I love cats... we have 2 of them and they provide lots of company. Whenever I feel down, I hang out with my cats and they give me all the love I can handle.

You'll make new friends tho... I can tell. I like your style Brick top. Posted Image

#4 Guest_perpetually_*

Guest_perpetually_*

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:58 PM

it's those home sick blues, i've been living with my dad in FL all summer, the first month was cool, went fishing, snorkeling, shit like that. the second month was all work, 45 hr weeks, hadn't slept on a bed the entire time, didn't have time to call my friends, really started to miss my home, then i started making new friends down here, and now, with my last day of work behind me i almost don't want to leave. going home friday, time to get my learning on. but as happy as i will be to get home, i'm gonna miss the people i meet down here. i hope some of them are still around when i come down here next summer. sorry rambling... but ya being away from home sucks, but after a while you'll start to feel at home right where your at.. "i travled here, 400 miles from where i'm known, my friends are here, through a couple years i found i have a second home" - OAR.
LOST

#5 1dumbmyco

1dumbmyco

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 469 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:25 AM

Find solace in your heart and things will look brighter.

#6 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:34 AM

Buck up man!
It could be worse,
you could be in a mexican jail!

#7 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:39 AM

At least you don't live here!

Posted Image

Be thankful for what you have, don't focus on the negative.

#8 Guest_a_*

Guest_a_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:56 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the response.

Johnny, I couldn't bring my cat with me, as my new place isn't safe for her. Too many people come in and out, who might let her escape or treat her badly. One or two of my roommates would have a problem with having her around. My good friend is taking care of her for me, though, for now.

Grimble, you're damn right Posted Image thanks for the laugh.

1dumbmyco, that's what I'm going for...

#9 Guest_mad_*

Guest_mad_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:42 AM

I have developed a country called The United States of Fuck Off. There is but one law, and I'll bet you can guess what that is! Upon discovering that I was in my new home, I told everyone to fuck off, both on-line and in the real world. Like the nutjob I am, I made a new name - I'm tired of being known as the man I was or as the handle I was. It's time for a new life, a new me, time to get back to the old me, find out what it's really about.

Don't worry, Brick-Top. When you're up things are never as good as it seems, and when you're down you never think you'll get back up again. But you will, and you do, and life will be joyus once again. Hunter S. Thompson at 17 wrote something to the effect of, who has a better life - the man who stands on the shoreline of life watching it all, or the man who weathers the storm in the sea and survives?

You'll be fine, we all will be, I find that there are quite a few people (especially here) that care quite a very lot.

#10 Guest_a_*

Guest_a_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:41 AM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I find that there are quite a few people (especially here) that care quite a very lot.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Yeah, I've known that, but reaching out is something different for me...

Could be much worse, yes. I could be parasite-ridden, homeless and picking through garbage... like my cat was when I found her. Funny thing, the garbage she was picking through was behind this very house.

#11 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:48 AM

we care and we listen,
why can't you have a cat anymore ?

#12 Guest_ironresp_*

Guest_ironresp_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:57 AM

one of the coolest tattoos ive ever seen was a sentence on a girls arm...right in the lil indent of the elbow...that lil soft tender spot..
and it read as follows "and this too shall pass"

and its true...youll be fine....hell
how many members do we have here? a couple thousand or something...thats a hell of a lot of shoulders to lean on

feel free to pm me or any of us for discreet help and feel free to post any troubles openly on the forum.

believe me when i tell you that there are more than a few people who are reading your posts that are not only reading them but feel the same exact way.

keep on keepin on
resp

#13 Guest_a_*

Guest_a_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:01 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

"and this too shall pass"<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Where have I heard that lately? I don't remember... that's a cool tattoo tho. Thanks for the response Ironresp, it's good to hear.

Hip, I don't have my cat because there are parties at this house where I think she might either escape or be mistreated by someone... although I would come down with 'great vengeance and furious anger upon those who attempt to poison and destroy my' kitty...

actually living here and having just thought about the fact that she could stay in my room during parties makes me think that she could be here after all if my roommates are ok with it... damn, thanks for asking Hip Posted Image I could really use the companionship. My one roommate did give me a plant, but it's just not the same... Posted Image

Sometimes I need help with common sense!

#14 Guest_mad_*

Guest_mad_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:22 PM

I believe it was my man Sol who said, "Mushrooms - They Make Great Pets."

#15 Guest_a_*

Guest_a_*

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

Hell yeah Posted Image

My roommate and I are starting a band and we just had a great session. That definitely lifts my spirits!

(Message edited by brick_top on August 19, 2004)

#16 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:17 AM

Glad things are lookin' up a bit. Posted Image

I've recently split up with my long term girlfriend. I'm looking for a new place to live and also a new job. Life is so insane right now.....but actually I think thats kinda made me happy. I enjoy being jolted and knocked out of my comfort zone every now and then. I welcome change. I think everything will work out ok for us. ;)

#17 Guest_mad_*

Guest_mad_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:57 AM

I think there's something in the aquafers...

#18 Guest_a_*

Guest_a_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 10:02 AM

What's an aquafer?

#19 Guest_mad_*

Guest_mad_*

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:21 PM

It's actually an aquifer - a large underground cavern that holds water. There are large ones under the whole continent (mine, anyway) where people draw their well water. Since we all don't drink from the same well, there can't very well be someone just putting tea in the well - they must be putting it in the aquifers...

How they are getting it there I do not know...

#20 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 25 August 2004 - 10:50 PM

I feel shitty just about everyday(long personal drama that no one will really care about but me) and me stopping by here helps me alot.

great people with great minds to stimulate my mind.

is all i really need,and I'm glad I find it here.

you are around great people here,always remember that.

feel better friend.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!