Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

I think the Shroomery is dead...?/ Shoomery is bak!

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#21 Cambo

Cambo

Shroomsday device

• Expired Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

It's totally down. I can't remember it being offline for such a long time, I'd really like to know what'ts up.
Anyway, I do certainly appreciate the 'topia. :roll:

#22 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Wha'?

Look, internet anonymity allows individuals the opportunity to be anonymous. Mycotopia is a forum, hosted by individuals, allowing us amateurs interested in the hobby. I find the forum rules support the facilitation of the best atmosphere for a complete novice to dive in the deep end, with all the support and guidance. Sure it takes a bit longer for a reply, but I figure the people here have some other place they would rather be, or rather doing then answering my noob questions.

If you are having ethical or moral issues pertaining on which "team" you are on then that is your perception. If you think the atmosphere fostered here is something that would benefit you then I do not see why not.

That being said, does the Shroomery backup frequently? It would suck losing recent posts, I dunno, not really my thing. I hope they get it up soon for your sake.

More importantly FOAF has 12 BRF half pints, GT's ready to birth in about 3 days...hmmm, new thread.

Edited by Spliff, 23 August 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

It's up right now. They apparently got DDOS'd.

edit: Well, it's sort of up right now.

I just browsed it, though the forum is not up for posting you can still browse what's already been posted. That probably means it'll be back up soon and isn't actually dead. But what the heck, we need the boost in numbers here as they've been mostly trending downward (according to Alexa).

#24 Cambo

Cambo

Shroomsday device

• Expired Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Well, one can only view the main side and the forums overview.

#25 Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Devotee of Truth

• Free Member
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Lol, wow! I didn't expect to get so many likes for my bud/hashish metaphor. I guess that's what happens when you speak the truth. :P

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

The older I get, the more humorous I find things, and the OMC is certainly it's own flavor of edutainment. :teeth:

Fuck man, I don't wish bad shit on anyone....I hope they get it squared away! There's enough grief and strife in the world to go around.

What the Fuck? :hugs:
  • Foster likes this

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,437 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

I am probably here more because I like to play forum and get in some writing ya-yas. I left another unrelated forum in a heartbeat when I found this place. It is qualitatively different than any online community I have experienced, and I knew that right away. I hope people here continue to suffer my one-liners and reluctance to use smilies. With my sideways old brain, I ain't going to learn many new tricks. So for me, it's about this community and the vibe they bring here. Open minds and hearts. Am I wrong?
  • Foster likes this

#28 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,103 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

As far as being open i allways thought Mycotopia was the place to score the really good hard core drugs:amazed:

:mistrust: :eusa_snoo :spank:

#29 tons

tons

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Yeah it is def offline

#30 i like cow poo

i like cow poo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

Being sad that the shroomery is down when Mycotopia is here for you is like being sad that you ran out of bud when you have an ounce of hashish in your sock drawer.

I like mycotopia. But the shroomery will always be my internet home. It just feels like there is a more diverse seletion of threads to choose from and far more people go there. I also like the way the site is organized. There are alot of assholes there but I am glad that I can say whatever the fuck I want and not get banned (pretty much). Its more like a adventure with pirates and mycotopia is like a beach resort. Plus HAVE YOU SEEN THERE SELETION OF MEMES?!!! SOME OF THEM ARE FRIKEN HILARIOUS
  • wildedibles likes this

#31 poison_wind

poison_wind

Dolphin Wigs

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

I hope it goes back online because if it does not lots of shroomerites will off themselves !!!
For some of these people the shroomery is their life... 10 000+ posts i've even seen 50 000+ posts ITS INSANE considering most of them never attempted growing mushrooms and only post about what crap the other said in an other thread... goes on and on.

#32 poison_wind

poison_wind

Dolphin Wigs

• Expired Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

I like mycotopia. But the shroomery will always be my internet home. It just feels like there is a more diverse seletion of threads to choose from and far more people go there. I also like the way the site is organized. There are alot of assholes there but I am glad that I can say whatever the fuck I want and not get banned (pretty much). Its more like a adventure with pirates and mycotopia is like a beach resort. Plus HAVE YOU SEEN THERE SELETION OF MEMES?!!! SOME OF THEM ARE FRIKEN HILARIOUS

Who are you on shroomery ??

Im butt-head !!!

#33 jimbo shroobie

jimbo shroobie

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Mycotopia>shroomery , Shroomery might have more people , and might get faster and more replys on your threads , but mycotopia has a better community X2

#34 SlimJim

SlimJim

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Who are you on shroomery ??

Im butt-head !!!

He is the same as he is here.
i like cow poo

#35 SlimJim

SlimJim

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Mycotopia>shroomery , Shroomery might have more people , and might get faster and more replys on your threads , but mycotopia has a better community X2

UTFSB :lol:

#36 ams1992

ams1992

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,615 posts

Donator

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

I say there's no judgement, equality is where it's at. People have their own tastes and some people don't like the other flavors. Mycotopia is my home, but I'm open to anywhere. I feel the love here, I feel the hospitality, I know that the people here are out for the better interests of everyone else and the selflessness I see here every single day is unmatched. This place makes me feel as though the current world has hope because of the amount of good people here. I go out and I see hurt, pain, constant complaining, then I come here and everything has a balance. There may be hurt or pain, but then there's humor and love to help the hurting. There may be deceit and mistrust, but it's always resolved and in a very respectable manner. This place is the Utopia of the internet and I'm proud to be a member. That said, people may feel the same about the Shroomery. It doesn't have to be a competition, but I think there does have to be tolerance and there should be coexistence. Can't always be bashing the same team, there's no victory in that. It's always a stalemate. We all have the same interests it's just a different way of showing them or expressing them here and there. Much love Mycotopia, and the Shroomery. I hope your forum issues get resolved soon and everyone is satisfied.

#37 MrGumball

MrGumball

show me do it

• Expired Member
  • 2,339 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

i like cow poo

i like cow poo, it seems we haven't meant. I'm i like your avatar.

#38 losfreddy

losfreddy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

It was a DDos attack as far as i know. I was online about a week ago in the middle of the night when it started acting up.. was getting that cloudflare thing so i thought maybe they got a new service provider. But it does seem they got hacked. I believe yathan tweeted it

#39 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,525 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Shitty deals..
Welcome shoomery refugees!!
  • wildedibles likes this

#40 TrippyTripTime

TrippyTripTime

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Shroomery you got some serious shit u gota Work on. If your having DDoS attacks Then up You Security or some shit man. this is fucking ridiculous! Ive been Driven to another Site that seems more well put together. So for that iguess thankyou. Only prob. is i need to access my messages on shroomery and i cant. I got some important business n shit i gota take care of there. You constantly are going on and off line for past week. You must have been on Life Support and somebody decided to just pull the plugg and relieve you of your Misery.. :eusa_wall

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!