• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 morg59

morg59

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:45 PM

If I am planning on doing an alcohol extract but want to add shrooms from many flushes is it ok to put my dried stuff in some everclear and just let it sit there for 3-4 weeks while my other flushes grow out and dry? Is there any problem with long exposure to everclear?

#2 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:55 AM

remember some key points though such as light breaks down the goodies fast and its better to use fresh mushies IMHO
strain out you juice then with cheese cloth wring it out real good to get every last bit then drink it
to keep it longer make sure you keep it somewhere very dark as well as maybe using electrical tape on the bottle to keep light out

I usually don't use ever clear though, anything in the 100 to 120 proof range works really well and is much easier to drink

#3 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:57 AM

everclear is a bit excessive, you can of course use it but you do want to be able to drink this when your done... lol. Everclear took the finish off my mexican tile dammit.

#4 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:41 AM

LOL hogwild.....morg59 just mix your everclear mushroom extraction with some kool-aid and make some jungle juice with the power of mushies,it doesnt taste bad in the kool-aid,the everclear that is :) never done a mushroom extraction

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:20 PM

better to leave the shroomage intact until you have
all the material you want to use
then grind it
then soak in your solvent.
the 'magic' breaks down pretty quickly once extracted

#6 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:42 PM

Dig. If you want a long term solution you can just keep tossing freshies into, look into honey.

Alky crystals are beautiful things - definitely on the must do list - but they are pretty short lived once you make 'em up.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!