Fisana

- - - - -

stealth mail???

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_radman_*

Guest_radman_*

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:08 AM

Hey all, Live in a stealth environment here at as far as mushrooms and the wife are concerned. Wish I could find a way to broach this subject with her, but thats a differnt thread. What I'm wondering about are those comercial postal places like "Mail Boxes". 48 dollars for six months seems very reasonable to not have to worry about the wife deciding to check the mail and finding a envelope containing a spore print. But the jig would be up if I kept getting friendly reminders by phone (or mail for that matter) that I have some mail to pick up, or your rental fee will be due in a month.
Has anyone used one of these services and if so what level of privacy could I expect? Have thought about coming up with a cover story for the business like " Idon't want to be contacted because I don't want my wife to know how much money I'm spending on say...baseball cards". Have thought about trying to come up with a phoney ID for the place, but have researched it some and they require two forms of ID and I think it's become a crime now to set up a false address. Would hate to create another portal of intrest to me from Leo. I don't have anyone locally that I could have these items mailed to, so thats out...any thoughts.......................................Radman

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:19 AM

i just have a friend rent a box for me.
:reb:
don't give them your home phone and they won't call.
they put the bill in your box, so it won't come in the mail at home.

#3 Mosach

Mosach

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hip, isn't your friend worried about the risk to him?

#4 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

what risk ?
ignorance is bliss

#5 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

if they wont do it,
try a bribe....:smokin:

#6 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:35 PM

I am in a similar type of situation. I just have a plain old PO box at the post office. all you need is 2 forms of ID and 20 bucks for 6 months. never have gotten any calls or anything at all at my home residence, i dont think USPS cares enough to do that haha.

even if you get the tiny style, you can still recieve packages. they will put a key with a number into your box and you go across to a wall of lockers. the locker will contain your package.

heh i always feel like some sort of secret agent spy making a drop-off when i get packages :)

#7 Mosach

Mosach

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

But isn't the point of getting a PO box to keep your identity secret? If you're going to give them id, why not just have it delivered to your house?

#8 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

thats why you have a friend get it.

#9 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

But isn't the point of getting a PO box to keep your identity secret? If you're going to give them id, why not just have it delivered to your house?

Hey all, Live in a stealth environment here at as far as mushrooms and the wife are concerned.

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:12 AM

also it's not just the cops you're hiding identity from,
you can rent box under real name if must
but still get mail there
under a different name.
plausible deniability,
ya know ?

#11 OZ

OZ

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

lets say all things get shot to shit, someone rolls over on you and whatnot, the worst case scenario. woudl having all the grow supplies mailed to a different name really help you out in a court of law?

#12 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:04 PM

I think people are missing the point of the thread starters situation. He is only trying to keep his wife out of the loop. There is no legal motives for him.

#13 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

sorry to be contrary but I wouldnt keep it from her
if she isnt cool with it then dont do it
its a big point of contention in divorce court if ya piss her off good enough
is your relationship worth the potential costs?

ya know shes gonna bust ya

just my 2 c

#14 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:55 PM

lets say all things get shot to shit, someone rolls over on you and whatnot, the worst case scenario. woudl having all the grow supplies mailed to a different name really help you out in a court of law?

that would depends on the details of the case
but one thing is certain-
it sure couldn't hurt
and anything that muddys the water
makes a conviction more difficult
so it's worth a bit of extra effort.
being lazy about security
is just short-sighted.

#15 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

sorry to be contrary but I wouldnt keep it from her
if she isnt cool with it then dont do it
its a big point of contention in divorce court if ya piss her off good enough
is your relationship worth the potential costs?
ya know shes gonna bust ya
just my 2 c

any felony should be on
a need-to-know basis
you're actually protecting your wife
by keeping her ignorant of any illegal activities.
if she knows
and doesn't report you
then she too is guilty.
better she not know.

#16 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

Hip has a point but could he not tell her and have her deny it if anything comes of it b/c if she knows and is cool with it i dont think they can make a spouse testify against their significant other in the court of law...but i could be wrong about that anybody know if i am right or wrong?

#17 Guest_radman_*

Guest_radman_*

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

I wouldnt get a divorce or anything if my wife found my small scale mushroom hobby. There would be some tough conversations about the deception but she knows about my drug filled past ( she has one too to a much lesser degree). I'm pushing 40 and am about due for some midlife lunacy...I'm not sleeping with someone else just growing a few shrooms. I really wish this all could be shared with her, but I know the growing would have to come to an end if she found out...and damn it, I want to be able to eat a couple of grams two or three times a year.
Oh well you do what you do..........................radman

#18 Dave_the_stoner

Dave_the_stoner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

As long as you keep the bill payed, you shouldnt have anything sent to you regarding your PO box. And really Idont think you need to give them an address, I've known alot of homeless people that had em'.

#19 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

Hip has a point but could he not tell her and have her deny it if anything comes of it b/c if she knows and is cool with it i dont think they can make a spouse testify against their significant other in the court of law...but i could be wrong about that anybody know if i am right or wrong?

almost wrong.
it used to be that way
but times have changed.
many women have been sent to prison
just because they knew the deal.
they won't "force" her to rat on hubby legally,
but what they will do is
throw the book at her,
threaten her with many years in prison,
take the kids if there are any,
etc.
a decent husband often ends up telling his wife
to save herself if she can
while he takes the fall.

#20 Gamera

Gamera

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

Keeping the spouse in the dark is safer for the spouse and for the grower. Its in keeping with the maxim that the fewer people that know the better.

A person can't be forced to testify against their spouse but they can be coerced as Hip points out, and theories like accessory and conspiracy can easily be brought to bear.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!