• Validating
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

but what they will do is
throw the book at her,
threaten her with many years in prison,
take the kids if there are any,
etc.

Yeah man, Law and order (all 12 of them) would lose half of thier plot lines if they couldn't turn loving spouses against each other...

#22 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

It all comes down to common sense IMO, you need to be careful about where your grow supplies go, what the name is at that address, the name on the postage etc.

If you can find someone who wont be immediately linked to you that will be willing to recieve illegal mail then your set. Thats what ive been reduced to.

#23 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:56 PM

I just cant inagine even trying to keep my hobby hidden from mrs A/C

she lives here and that would be impossible as she has the run of the house same as me

besides I respect her fielings in all matters

#24 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:11 AM

it's a judgment call
for those involved
and each situation is unique
so i wouldn't judge anyone
if they decide to keep a secret
or if not.

#25 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

Who's going to wash out all the jars if the wiffie is kept out of the know?

#26 prismaticEffects

prismaticEffects

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

he'll figure all that out.
he just wants some info on "stealth mail"

i say just get a P.O.
they have my addy
i just give them cash upfront
they don't send me bills
just try and make sure you check at least once a week
(so random junk doesn't pile up)
they might send you a notice or something if that happens
or do what Hip said and get a trust-worthy friend to do it

i'm sure you're able to make your own decisions at age 40
good luck :)

[EDIT:] if you are keeping it relatively small time, you shouldn't have too much to worry about legally - i'd say just be honest (don't try and fake IDs), be polite and friendly when purchasing the box - no one will care. all the mail activity would be 100% legal. LEO has bigger things to deal w/. Just stay out of trouble :P

#27 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:04 PM

What i did was have my close cousin get one for me and he is moving to NY so i need to get him to pay up for a while ahead of time before he leaves if that is allowed.....and then when he comes in after the box is cancelled or about out of time depending on when he comes in get him to renew it or just pay more money to keep it for a longer amount of time :) (i give him the $ to renew it just so ya know i dont expect him to pay for it) ;)

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:09 AM

your friend need only go in once
to rent the box.
you can renew it yourself indefinitely
just by sticking a money order in the box
when rent is due again

#29 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

PO boxes.........scare me......
too easy to be cornered in there
and yer constantly bein vidtaped
never drive to the PO office.....
& hand big brother yer plate #s.
unless you just dont give a shit :)

#30 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:41 AM

send a different friend in
to get your mail
that's what i do...
:reb:
think layers

#31 encapsulated

encapsulated

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:20 AM

Shit man the PO that my cuz got that PO box at has no cameras i am in a small ass town and it is such a small post office it aint even funny!!!!!!! but thanks Hip i didnt know i could do that with the money order i just need to find out who to make the MO out to and how much it is and when the box is up :) I will make sure to have him do all of that before he leaves but i dont know about the MO and who to make it out to if you have any suggestions? just the post office itself?

#32 Guest_cap_*

Guest_cap_*

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:58 AM

well,depends what yer buyin.
if its for questionable items,
you wanna leave it blank:reb:
dont 4get to destroy reciept.

#33 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:37 AM

just the post office itself?

the bill they put in your box
will tell you who to make it out to

#34 eternalfrost

eternalfrost

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:54 PM

I also live in a small, but not tiny, town. they have no cameras in the post office, visible ones at least. there are maby 2-300 boxes all together.

#35 St. Luke

St. Luke

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:14 PM

send a different friend in
to get your mail
that's what i do...
:reb:
think layers

Bond. Hippie Bond :mistrust:

#36 ExtraKryspi

ExtraKryspi

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:56 PM

The USPS handles 560 million packages a day. There's no need to kill yourself over the stealth, no need to go over the top.

#37 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,940 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:01 PM

This thread does seem to have split in half, one half dealing with general mail stealth issues and legal stuff and the other dealing with the question of hiding it from the wife. I guess they sort of merge when considering getting a separate address.

A similar thread about this problem brought the advice that you introduce your wife to hobby growing of fungi with legal species...at first. Maybe even simultaneously with the trip kind, so you could have all the necessary gear handy and not worry about hiding it. That takes away most of the logistical hurdles of being stealth. She'll be so amazed at what a fun hobby it is that she might even suggest trying some psillies? Dare to dream...

On the PO Box side of things, just rent a box normally, under your name, and send a couple of questionable things to it. The trick is to have them sent to the name of the previous boxholder, which you can find by reading the junk mail labels. I then send something I don't want, like a hydro-grow catalog, to it and request another box so I don't keep getting this "weird stuff I didn't order." I let the box lapse the following year, and do it again as needed.

Another approach is to use the identity of someone who just doesn't give a damn. In a FOAF's case, that was a cousin dying of AIDS. His cousin was fully aware of the ruse, even thought it was great; a parting shot at The Man. I only recommend that option if the person is aware you are using their identity. Some terminal patients might even let you 'buy' the whole identity- they won't be using it much longer, and you could offer to pay a surviving spouse or someone they want well taken care of. Then you could possibly even get a passport. You'd need to do a lot of research before acting on this method to cover all the bases...

#38 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

using the name/s on junk mail coming to the box
ain't a bad idea.

#39 Guest_radman_*

Guest_radman_*

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

A similar thread about this problem brought the advice that you introduce your wife to hobby growing of fungi with legal species...at first. Maybe even simultaneously with the trip kind, so you could have all the necessary gear handy and not worry about hiding it. That takes away most of the logistical hurdles of being stealth. She'll be so amazed at what a fun hobby it is that she might even suggest trying some psillies? Dare to dream...

The trick is to have them sent to the name of the previous boxholder, which you can find by reading the junk mail labels. .

Believe me, that is my most frequent day dream, but the consequences of failure could be severe in terms of my enjoyment of this hobby. At just the perfect set/setting I predict at the very best a 50/50 chance that she would be recptive to partaking in some shrooms and markedly less of a chance that cultivation would be accepted as a new world view.......................oh well maybe in the next life.

Hadn't thought of having items sent to previous addressee's. That's a really good idea...thanks

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!