• Please log in to reply
3201 replies to this topic

#2481 salviamycelium

salviamycelium

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

Wrobg continent. I don't want to be more specific. They don't grow here. They will be naturalized here. 

• Arathu likes this

#2482 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,384 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

Even in Oregon they became widespread through the use of copius amounts of hardwood chips being used for mulch.
  • Arathu and salviamycelium like this

#2483 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

The entire situation is all about conditions of advantage..............

IMHO agar to grains for expansion onto clean wood then made into layered beds, see page 1, in mother's wet loving arms is the most reliable way to see fruits.

After one creates such things with success, experimentation becomes much easier AND the emotional components/motivations are drastically changed. 

I love the new knowledge and seeing experimentation BUT.............producing results beyond a wood chip, broken branch, composted soil, with grass casing bed I challenge thee ALL to show.......... :biggrin:

In my fumbling and bumbling I've seen many freaking molds and growths that were beyond what I wished to explore........those got PC'd and then returned to the rotting end of the compost heap. 

Yes indeed paper discs do grow all kinds of strange things as will wood chips, saw dusts, paper pulps, grasses, root balls, and etc. etc..........

Woodlover germination time frames on agar is about ten days give or take several days............if I see "things" at three or even five days.............I'm suspect.............

and lets just call THIS, from page 15, a minor benchmark..............I know others that are doing HUGE things with the leftovers from a tree cutting company.........but they are a secretive lot...

post-113856-0-81016900-1400935712.jpg

It's on man...................the global peace challenge with canopies of Ps. Woodlovers on chip beds....they do not look starved at all..........nothing but love.................and little need for deviation...........IMHO

Agar ---> rotted maple chips (sterilized) ---> more chips (pasteurized) ---> even more chips (pasteurized) ---> layered beds in nature ---> canopies of love

The recipes are here in this thread, most of which came from the archives of Topia....................

A

• Juthro and mjroom like this

#2484 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

I'm tempted to bring this thread to a close on that note..................................

:hug:

A

• coorsmikey likes this

#2485 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,384 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:25 PM

No sir. Never do that...this thread is pure gold and must continue mr. Arathu. It is beyond informative. For my part I apologize if I have been difficult or combative with the new wave growing. It confuses me but yet its likely fear of the unknown. I'd vote for keeping this open because its so helpful and informative. Without this thread there would be a lot less woodlovers in the world and that would be a bad thing. Thanks a lot for starting this...eh. Much appreciated. You are a scholar and a gentleman.
  • coorsmikey, Arathu and mjroom like this

#2486 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,384 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:50 PM

For my part i'll take a hiatus of several months to work on my life stuffs ad return in the fall with some bed updates. Everything is more then covered and there are many fine teachers amongst us. I got faith! See you all in the fall. Trust in the Jedi way...or create new ways...its all good. But don't, please don't close this thread. Good luck.
  • coorsmikey and Arathu like this

#2487 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

A slight emotional outburst on my part............... :blink:

Right then...carry on, the woodlovers will regardless and so shall we........................ :meditate:

A

Edited by Arathu, 20 March 2017 - 11:00 PM.

#2488 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:03 PM

Part of The NEW Library at Alexandria ..............

• Juthro likes this

#2489 salviamycelium

salviamycelium

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

Sorry for the stupid questions. I'm out. I won't bother anymore.

#2490 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

I certainly won't "LIKE" that........................ :sad:

@Salvia.......You better not...................you and anyone else getting their first woodlover beds going ARE the reason for this thread...........none of your questions are stupid.............at all. 

Just me bitching......................my bad!

A

Edited by Arathu, 21 March 2017 - 09:03 AM.

• Juthro likes this

#2491 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:10 AM

Shall I carry on posting attempts to germinate "indoors" and understand it? Just to point out the indoors environment has a much higher contamination rate.

This is why the procedure takes more steps, IMO, I prefer the extra clean steps needed to produce clean samples or spawn indoors.

I could throw some spores outside, but then I learn nothing, and it takes ages with no control.

• Arathu, Microbe and Sicshroom like this

#2492 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

YES...absolutely yes.............everyone on earth grow woodlover mushrooms of all types and help each other to do the same.....................

I was emotionally venting in the wrong place under the influence of our sick society............

PLEASE carry on.........  :thumbs_up:

A

#2493 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 5,011 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

Salvia, there are folks in this thread that have been there and done that. True old school masters that have been growing wood lovers for years. They have the knowledge, and the experience that you seek.

They are making an effort to try help teach you to do the same, and you should be grateful for that. I would say a little less moodiness, and a little more gratitude is due, at least IMHO.

Just so we are clear here, I'm not calling you out or trying to berate you. I'm just trying to show you a perspective that I think your missing.

Wishing for peace, and learning,
Juth
  • Arathu likes this

#2494 Viridis420

Viridis420

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:29 PM

I used to discard my leftover agar plates. I try and give them a fighting chance now and not die a slow death of neglect.

Here I took some fresh savings of Oak and Fir and placed on leftover plates. I'll let this get a bit more growth and then place outdoors into mother natures control.

P quebecensis- P serbica- P baeocystis

P1010684.JPG

P1010686.JPG

P1010685.JPG

• Arathu, Sicshroom and mjroom like this

#2495 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

I'm doing a better more controlled test of germinating cyan spores, notes here. I have the correct pH, soluble and complex nutrients and energy, and high water content.

I have found an area in my fridge with the exact temperature of 10°C, I will be doing 5 days fridge, 4 days room temperature and observation, then repeat.

Notes so far: Psilocybe Cyanescens | Germination: 7 - 12°C, 2 weeks | Colonization: 20 - 24°C, 2 weeks | Fruiting: 7 - 16°C

• Arathu likes this

#2496 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Side note, the newer WL-Tek (with compost) is much easier and makes further additives (other plants, fertilizers) 100% optional.

Simply use recycled egg carton, junk mail, cereal boxes, pellets, bedding and so on (anything you can work with).

You will need compost, organic if you like, 50% peat, wood, straw based. Added fertilizer is a bonus.

Use lime to increase the pH (species dependent), if using live transfers (spawn, agar).

• Arathu and mjroom like this

#2497 moricz

moricz

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

And where is moricz?

Thanx for missing me :ph34r:

5 day germination is the standard for woodlovers on 18-24 C° Note that they not show much rhyzos until several transfer or until they go into some unsterile substrate.

I had lot of stuffs to do, Garden, building repairation, cycleing :D

BUT I renewing my cellar, I put down some tiles onto the concrete floor so I can wash up easily, and thinking on some kind of shelving system :\ I grew out some Eryngii lately and now I try some H. tessulatus, Agrocybe aegerita, and some P.eryngii again.(they are on grains till the cellar is done and cleaned) Also got some Shiitake, I'm too lazy to get them in my collection, but my GF insisted it, lucky me :D

Eryngii in the old cellar.

PlE-DE-001.jpg ple-DE002.jpg PLE-DE-02.26.2017-001.jpg PLE-DE-02.26.2017-002.jpg PLE-DE-02.26.2017-005.jpg PLE-DE-02.26.2017-010.jpg

The spent eryngii "cakes" lied and crushed into a big woodchip sandwich bed.

Eringii Bed 2017 - 001.JPG Eringii Bed 2017 - 002.JPG Eringii Bed 2017 - 003.JPG Eringii Bed 2017 - 004.JPG

Oh and I got some pins on the allenii clone tub, just two, I forget to care with it but now I mist almost daily. :) Hope for a big flush.

They spent approx. 3-4 weeks in 16 C° (while the eringii fruiting) before they got 9 C° so the 16 C° is definiatelly their fruiting temps. The pins developping the usual slow speed :)

spring_Tub_Allenii.jpg

I put some Serbica and another Ovoid spores on agar to get them running, I want some ovoids next spring I WANT THEM :D Also need to test out in my cellar.

Other active woodlovers got outside for beds, or get fed for autum cellar grows.

Also have some mexicana project 1 tub for prints and several jars for outdoor grow in the middle of may.

Also Also :D made some SRA tubs to run, they need to go out at the middle of april.

I had some Panaeolus spawn and I made a tub from them on straight pasteurised Cow mannure.

That is all for now!

I usually monitors this tread at least 2 days apart.

Peace and make beds ;)

Edited by moricz, 23 March 2017 - 08:42 AM.

• Arathu, Microbe, mjroom and 2 others like this

#2498 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,201 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2017 - 09:13 AM

Nice work moricz.........................I have basement construction going on this year too.........

and a nice collection of edibles and medicinals.....

Beautiful.........

A

• moricz likes this

#2499 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:27 AM

Your right about rhizomorphs, they don't come until the mycelium is fully powered.

However it is fully possible to get full power on one substrate, no mixing.

IMG_20170318_184224.jpg IMG_20170318_183652.jpg IMG_20170323_143415.jpg IMG_20170323_143618.jpg

• Arathu, Microbe, mjroom and 1 other like this

#2500 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

That is 10g dry paper pellets, enriched, 80% water content. Successful clean transfer without agar.

Edited by Ferather, 23 March 2017 - 10:29 AM.

• mjroom likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!