2846 replies to this topic

#2841 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

A basement or cool garage is the place of choice for grain spawn and wood chip spawn, hot wet jars/boxes of woodlover substrates didn't do well, cooler moist jars/tubs of woodlovers with plenty of FAE works well......

I haven't seen a Cyan fruit in the fridge yet and only one ovoid....ever........I'm not saying it isn't doable.........

The only reliable pinning triggers I've found to date have been seasonally induced by mother nature.....I don't know why.........she does....... :dry:

Frozen Ovoid tubs brought to spring after frozen winter pin and fruit......cyan tubs brought to fall after warm summer pin and fruit....both need to colonize, consolidate, and bide their time (dormancy perhaps)

You are all more than welcome to discover otherwise..............I suggest you make natural layered beds and expect to care for them and also wait the two full years for seasonal fruit so you get what you seek.......

Sometimes a first year bed will fruit but I'm betting more often than not it's the following season...............The odds of pulling off indoor woodlover tubs are not as good as a properly made outdoor bed........

Finding and growing a local native (to your particular climate and location) woodlover gives the greatest chances of success.............PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE are your new keywords........... 

Make layered beds as described in this thread...........Generate extra spawn for your experiments and have at it............IMHO   :biggrin: 

• Viridis420, meyer, 555 and 1 other like this

#2842 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 589 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:18 PM

That's interesting, after the second flush I put the tub into a freezer @ -18°C, for a few months now, it looks thicker, but that could be freezing.

I'm waiting for a good fruiting temperature, I also have the idea that the flush may produce more or larger fruits, I will see soon.

• meyer likes this

#2843 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

No but I intend to try it, cyans normally fruit at 10-18°C, the area in my fridge is 12°C, which is within fruiting range.

The tip I was providing was to germinate cyan spores, and get normal-natural results using a fridge.

You should cold germinate, room temperature colonize + consolidate, then cold fruiting.

After doing some reading cyan react to the same environment as king oyster.

(slightly off topic but) I often start my poppies in the fridge to get them up early. Jiffy pellets, seeded, put ion the fridge for a week and they germinate within 3 days of me taking them out. I'm talking March or April here, still too hot otherwise. Could it be something similar with fruiting mycellium?

• meyer likes this

#2844 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

Has any1 used wood heater pellets to grow up some spawn, and/or a Bulk Substrate?

Just thinking here... I guess it would depend what sort of wood is used to make them. But assuming its a hard wood, could be fairly convenient.

#2845 555

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

Sorry, off topic ...
@555 is your screen name in reference to an "old timer's" favourite multi purpose IC by any chance?

Great observation!! I've been an electronic tech for many years..

• Arathu and Cuboid like this

#2846 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

Sorry, off topic ...
@555 is your screen name in reference to an "old timer's" favourite multi purpose IC by any chance?

I have an anti static tube of them right in front of me on my desk.........and that's what my degree is in too.................for many years as well...........

Damned versatile little timer I.C. ............

A

• mjroom and 555 like this

#2847 mjroom

mjroom

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 627 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Sorry, off topic ...

I have an anti static tube of them right in front of me on my desk.........and that's what my degree is in too.................for many years as well...........

Damned versatile little timer I.C. ............

A

have any of you timer guys mas any variable resonators? To start a good frequency would be the Schumann resonance at 7.8 Hz. There are designs for Schumann resonators with large inductors and some that work with small ones also. These devices are subtle but the effect can be very dramatic.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!