• Please log in to reply
3449 replies to this topic

#3441 tuftygrasses

tuftygrasses

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:13 AM

We have 150-250 days of rain a year. But i will try to recruit my folks into watering them now and then. Im taking some others like king strophophria. Maybe they will be inspired to care for the Mycelium if there are some mushrooms growing they will actually eat :)
  • Arathu likes this

#3442 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 09:58 AM

how_to_001.jpg

I'm really confident that a motivated and PATIENT individual (as in be prepared to deal with years) can and should be able to accomplish a woodlover grow.....

Applying the information found here, simulating weather/temps or leveraging the natural changes of seasons to induce pinning, indoors is very much a possibility.....

It should be a doable thing just about anywhere on Earth and probably space too........theoretically speaking.......

ovoid_shallow_tub_003.jpg

Follow what the masters have placed in the vaults..........have patience and respect..........(if you're motivated by money get a job)

Your local species (assuming you have some) is probably your best bet....but it's not required....

ovoid_shallow_tub_001.jpg

Ovoids man....someone needs to take these little guys to Mars and beyond........

Stem butts (or other spawn of your choice) placed on soaked cardboard with soaked egg carton are allowed to leap to the cardboard and pulp (pasteurized)

Japanese knotweed (or other soft woody stem plant stalks) with soft maple chips are added and allowed to fully colonize (pasteurized)

Hardwood smoking chips (hickory is really good) are then added and allowed to fully colonize and consolidate (pasteurized)

Dollar store potting soil is then added and the whole thing put into a burlap sack and kept wet (not soaked) until the burlap begins to be colonized (right from the bag)

A thin top casing of soaked Naturescapes is added and allowed to colonize (pasteurized)

The entire substrate is less than three inches thick and only single layer, cased with potting soil and mulch

The change of seasons are something to observe, cooperate with, and/or simulate......IMHO

A

Edited by Arathu, 17 February 2018 - 10:13 AM.

• MungoFungo, Skywatcher, peacefrog and 1 other like this

#3443 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:04 PM

I paturized the cactus soil verm mix.. Cased thin layer.. Aratu style!! I Put in dark its 69 degrees..Then gonna boil some nature scrapes... Now and some Weat grass.
Can you put too much spawn? I read the ratio..at least 1/5 the total volume..I put little more just cause I made too much.. I got carried away..still have enough for outside bed. ...what happens if you put more spawn with a slightly thicker casing layer? More shrooms? To a point? I'm I answering my own questions? I don't know ..

My advantage is I'm underground..have a place stays cool all the time..hidden and outside ..so I think these guys will love the temps there.. Its been 30 to 40 when above ground is 60..
I'm actually confused about this whole season thing..
My Gf is trying to teach me..
Like it goes winter .. Summer then Uhhh.. I still can't really understand this whole season thing..
I been on line looking at at fruiting temp ranges in their native home..Hammond strain
people online..
Its hard to actually find people doing it..
Seems a wide range of temps for the Hammond strain..
Like I seen 45 to people saying got fruits high as 75.. Seems resilient strain..
So since the spawn so easy to generate..guess I'm gonna go straight to fruit..

Seeing how it reacts to this 50/50 cactus verm mix.. Hope it munches it up..
  • Arathu likes this

#3444 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:09 PM

I paturized the cactus soil verm mix.. Cased thin layer.. Aratu style!! I Put in dark its 69 degrees..Then gonna boil some nature scrapes... Now and some Weat grass.
Can you put too much spawn? I read the ratio..at least 1/5 the total volume..I put little more just cause I made too much.. I got carried away..still have enough for outside bed. ...what happens if you put more spawn with a slightly thicker casing layer? More shrooms? To a point? I'm I answering my own questions? I don't know ..

My advantage is I'm underground..have a place stays cool all the time..hidden and outside ..so I think these guys will love the temps there.. Its been 30 to 40 when above ground is 60..
I'm actually confused about this whole season thing..
My Gf is trying to teach me..
Like it goes winter .. Summer then Uhhh.. I still can't really understand this whole season thing..
I been on line looking at at fruiting temp ranges in their native home..Hammond strain
people online..
Its hard to actually find people doing it..
Seems a wide range of temps for the Hammond strain..
Like I seen 45 to people saying got fruits high as 75.. Seems resilient strain..
So since the spawn so easy to generate..guess I'm gonna go straight to fruit..

Seeing how it reacts to this 50/50 cactus verm mix.. Hope it munches it up..

I look forward to progress brother........feel free to share right here...........

I don't think too much spawn exists.....50/50 rocks especially after it's on wood chips....

A

Edited by Arathu, 17 February 2018 - 02:17 PM.

#3445 astoriensis

astoriensis

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:11 PM

Going to make good use of this !! Already have been spreading different species around the area but this will bring it to a whole new level;)

20180213_151849.jpg

• Arathu and mjroom like this

#3446 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

Going to make good use of this !! Already have been spreading different species around the area but this will bring it to a whole new level;)

attachicon.gif20180213_151849.jpg

Not to mention make TONS of good dirt....literally........

A

#3447 MungoFungo

MungoFungo

THE Un-Governable FORCE

• OG VIP
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

This the casing that survived was in dark a few days.. Nature scrape topped..
I put it area 50 degrees Outside lid cracked open gaps..
I can put in Area that is cooler 35 degrees..
Which temp think better for this strain?
I plan to move it in at night.. Drops a lot at night..

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180217_124206_Film3.jpg

#3448 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,443 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

I'd guess 50 F would be very good. Below that things move slowly.

#3449 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

50's and damp are perfect and then into the 60's or 70's for a time (summer) then cool down and wet (fall).......that's what "change of seasons" means

A

#3450 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Bad ass, brother Arathu!

Those are beautiful for sure. I’ve still not gotten a single fruit from my 2nd Azure attempt :(.

Good job, my friend!
  • Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!