Frozen? That's just him CHILLIN....

small_GEDC0135.jpg

small_GEDC0138.jpg

small_GEDC0142.jpg

small_GEDC0145.jpg

small_GEDC0150.jpg

small_GEDC0155.jpg

small_GEDC0158.jpg

Running up through the casing layer and into the moss.....

Seeds are sprouting right along with it.....the moss is growing too....

In place of an ant farm, as Skye said, how about PHUNGUS PHARM.....

Phasinating...

............SPRING............

...... :meditate: ......

...A...

• UnHeisenbug, YoshiTrainer, Mycol and 3 others like this

#4142 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,666 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:02 PM

post-113856-0-94047900-1618275652.jpg

None of the faces are real.....

A

small_GEDC0362.jpg

• Sidestreet, YoshiTrainer, rockyfungus and 1 other like this

#4143 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 889 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:03 AM

Incoming photodump. Just tossed my all-in-ones, grains and woodchips, went bacterial.

This is a collection of naturscapes and random wood boiled for 15 minutes, allowed to cool and drain, and thrown right to agar. Cyans don't seem to need any grain, why not go right to wood?

pcbottom.JPG

Pcstick.JPG

spreadin.JPG

Why not see if Lions Mane likes direct wood too(appears to be the right myc, I'll know once I tries to fruit like it always does)

LM.JPG

• Arathu and YoshiTrainer like this

#4144 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,666 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

How much nitrogen is in wood? Should we care?

A

#4145 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 889 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Should we care? Or does the myc care? Where's it's natural source of nitrogen, the soil I assume? Mine will eventually make it to soil, but I know people just spread woodchips to keep it growing. 
Grain is mostly nitrogen and wood is mostly carbon? I see what you are getting at. 

The agar is grain water (grain/brewed coffee/gypsum), the wood was also boiled the same as my grains, coffee + gypsum. (highlighting nitrogen sources?). I see slightly faster growth in my agar/grain (hyphenation expansion). 

Do wood lovers look for decomposing bark that has more nitrogen? I just assumed they run till they find some tasty wood and go to town. 

• Arathu likes this

#4146 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,666 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 05:06 AM

Should we care? Or does the myc care? Where's it's natural source of nitrogen, the soil I assume? Mine will eventually make it to soil, but I know people just spread woodchips to keep it growing. 
Grain is mostly nitrogen and wood is mostly carbon? I see what you are getting at. 

The agar is grain water (grain/brewed coffee/gypsum), the wood was also boiled the same as my grains, coffee + gypsum. (highlighting nitrogen sources?). I see slightly faster growth in my agar/grain (hyphenation expansion). 

Do wood lovers look for decomposing bark that has more nitrogen? I just assumed they run till they find some tasty wood and go to town. 

I went down the same path and did the same thing.......because of contamination issues with using grains.....and then I built a flow hood..... :cool:

The fungus cares and indeed the soil is the place.....Many of these species are found naturally in riparian environments in fact, which is surely an organic, and inorganic, grinding zone for materials...(floods, ice, stones, soils, and gravels etc)......

Then washed up onto shore and deposited, in a creek or river bottom......

They will run until they find what they need, survival is obviously the top priority.....I try to look at it exactly the same as adding the green matter to the compost heap

A

Edited by Arathu, Today, 05:07 AM.

• rockyfungus likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!