4165 replies to this topic

#4161 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 806 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2021 - 09:44 AM

I love seeing the progress on this jar Arathu!
  • Arathu likes this

#4162 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:16 AM

Debated where to post this, but I'm treating it like a woodlover for now. For awhile I've known I need to set up a better labeling system and today it bit me in the ass...

I've been labeling Panaelous Cyan variation wild coast (PC WC) and Psilocybe Cyan (PC)...So I treated my dungloving PC WC to some wood instead of supplemented substrate...Well can't tell if it's overlaying or actually consuming the wood...It's a fine grit wood but none the less didn't expect it to overtake the wood at such a fast rate. Has the classic tomentose/marshmallow growth I associate with panaelolus. Psilocybe seems to be way more rhizo/ropey. 

Anyway's here the photos sorry about the dyed lids. PC (psilocybe) on left and PC WC (Panaelous) on right

PCvsPC.JPG

• Arathu, ElPirana, makinbones69 and 2 others like this

#4163 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,729 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:33 AM

https://mycotopia.ne...a/#entry1483023

I have  a good amount of Ps. Cyanescens mycelium on rye grain. I was hoping to get a bed started this spring, but I think it's getting rather late. Should I sterilize, or pasteurize some hardwood to get it to grow onto wood? If all goes well, I'll probably just continue expansion on wood until next spring, when I put a bed outside. Does this sound like a good plan? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

IMHO it's never too late to create a bed outdoors somewhere as long as ones expectations are tempered. A carefully chosen spot, sheltered from both sunshine and wind that remains damp works like a charm..... Pasteurized wood chips and woody debris work well and your paths forward with a "good" amount of spawn are possibly multiple. Cyan is aggressive with a wide palate for foods, and also quite forgiving. Getting chip spawn going before making beds definitely helps reduce digging and disturbance of beds by the grain eating rodents and other critters. The less grain in a bed the better IME.... Birds will also tear up a bed digging after insects.....some things to keep in mind.....

They will overwinter just fine with proper care too.....mulching is your friend in this endeavor.......

• phlegmbae and YoshiTrainer like this

#4164 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,729 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:53 AM

I think it's just going to eat the jar and all....... :biggrin:

small_GEDC0929.jpg

small_GEDC0935.jpg

small_GEDC0939.jpg

Fungus amongus....

A

• phlegmbae, ElPirana, UnHeisenbug and 3 others like this

#4165 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,729 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2021 - 07:38 AM

post-113856-0-43031800-1619958873.jpg

post-113856-0-07589700-1619958983.jpg

If it were able to eat the glass and plastic......I bet it would......

Knots would be cool to see on the rhizomes.........

Ant farms.....meh......grow fungus....

A

Attached Thumbnails

• small_GEDC1137.jpg
  • small_GEDC1132.jpg

• phlegmbae, ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and 2 others like this

#4166 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,729 posts

Awards Bar: