4545 replies to this topic

#4541 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,555 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2022 - 04:20 AM

Could very well be....brf is involved.....they may well be a strain of ovoid too.....IDK

A

• YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#4542 RescueU

RescueU

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 04:28 PM

Print was purple/black. I'll keep the fruiting tubs as a curiosity for now since I can't be certain what they are. For now I'll keep the outdoor patch as is until I can get a better ID. If it's cubes I'll tear it all out and spread around my vegetables that are in sunny areas and will be warmer. Not a huge deal, but now my spring might not be as magical as I had hoped. 

I have a new print of ovoids from a different seller coming. I'll make a bunch brf jars as soon as it arrives and get a robust colony going and hopefully into the ground by January. By then I'll also be able to show you a very special to me planter/hanging basket that I'm going to also colonize with them! 

I'm still growing out tubs of cyans, they're still growing before they can go outside. Their patch is going to be the biggest one. I'm in no hurry, time is on my side. I might get three 5 gallon buckets of wood chips colonized before they go out. 

I checked the azures and subs this morning and they are running! Everywhere I poked in the azure area has mycelium, the sub barrel is showing growth everywhere I looked. I still have a few small tubs of azure mycelium that I'm thinking of putting under a new bush we added to the yard.

• Arathu, Skywatcher, bezevo and 1 other like this

#4543 RescueU

RescueU

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 05:06 PM

Busy days are fun! Yesterday I pored boiling water into two five gallon buckets of wood chips and some mulch.Today I dried it a bit and mixed in all of my cyan tubs except one. Was about a 1-2 colonized mycelium to new chips. I also made 13 1/2 pint brf jars where I used aspen wood bedding for half of the vermiculite. I also sterilized 3 syringes for a proper ovoid print that should be showing up at my door today. Tomorrow I'll 'noc up the jars. 

• MushLuvR likes this

#4544 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,529 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2022 - 07:37 PM

Busy days are fun! Yesterday I pored boiling water into two five gallon buckets of wood chips and some mulch.Today I dried it a bit and mixed in all of my cyan tubs except one. Was about a 1-2 colonized mycelium to new chips. I also made 13 1/2 pint brf jars where I used aspen wood bedding for half of the vermiculite. I also sterilized 3 syringes for a proper ovoid print that should be showing up at my door today. Tomorrow I'll 'noc up the jars. 

Nice, after you've nocc'd up your county how about I pay you to come over here and nocc up mine?  :)

• MushLuvR likes this

#4545 RescueU

RescueU

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 September 2022 - 08:06 PM

Pay for my travel and accommodations and I'm in!   :biggrin:

• MushLuvR likes this

#4546 RescueU

RescueU

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:41 PM

Jars are noccd with MSS of ovoid from a print from a different supplier. Fingers crossed that it works out this time 

• Arathu, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!